Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

MANEUVERING: 09/13/2030, 16:08

♪ BGM: Languid Hours of Rokumei City

Mashiro, Salyu, shall we head home?
Okay. Let's go, Salyu.
Mm.

And together, they left the classroom. All the while ignoring the clamor of voices, both real and telepathic.

Hey, should we go drop by somewhere on the way back?
Nah, let's head straight home today.
I agree. I just want to enjoy a chat over a nice dinner with you all.
Oh my, that's a cute thing to say.
Well, we've been going out every day lately, so let's just relax a bit at home today.
Yeah.

Unlike yesterday's trip back from school, today was strangely calm and relaxing. So much so that they almost completely forgot about what Ukita had said.

Looks like it could rain any second now, huh.

Natsuhiko looked up to the sky in response,

(Oh boy. I hope we can at least make it home before it starts raining...)

The moment Natsuhiko had that hope--

Ah, crap, it's really starting to fall!
Now that sucks. I didn't bring an umbrella.
Let's get on the bus. It should be here soon enough.

Oh, good timing.
What a lifesaver!

And the three of them boarded the bus as they chatted amongst themselves.

♪ BGM: Family and Friends

It was a little crowded inside. There were probably other people who rushed to board the bus after the rain started to fall, too. Natsuhiko let Salyu and Mashiro sit in the seats and stood next to them.

A blue branch with Salyu at 4.

Huh? What, more shopping?

I did look around a little on the first day, but I admit, I still don't know that much.
I see. I guess you're right...

After Natsuhiko muttered that, Mashiro spoke from beside him.

...Well, the day after tomorrow's a Sunday, so how about we go around town then?
Ah, yeah, sounds good.

--Usually, Natsuhiko spent his Sundays with Yuuri. But just this once probably wouldn't hurt.

...That's fine.
Then how about we go look at some of the research facilities that allow it?
Also, if at all possible, there's a little more shopping I'd like to do.
Huh? Did you think of something you want to buy?
Books. I did bring just one book from home, but I already finished reading it.
I see, I see. Then pardon me for being forward, but allow me to pick some titles from the '90s golden age of sci-fi for you to try! There are so many legendary titles to choose from. Like 'Neon Genocide Vangel' and 'Ghost In the Core'.
I've never heard of those titles... Very interesting.

Those weren't books but anime titles-- but Natsuhiko didn't have the heart to say it.

Natsuhiko, is there anything you want to buy?
No, not in particular...
That's a little boring. ...I know! Let's pick out clothes for Natsuhiko this time!
Huh, no, you don't need to.
Why not? You've actually got some nice looks to start out with, so you can't let it go to waste by being plain all the time.
Whoa there... you don't want to make me your next dress up doll, do you?
Keeheehee, I guess you could look at it that way too.

Natsuhiko smiled wryly at Mashiro’s playfulness. But he had to admit, going shopping as a group did seem like fun.

Well, fine... I guess it might be nice to go shopping every now and then.
Okay, so the day after tomorrow, we go around the city and go shopping too? I'm sure it'll be fun! Ah man, can the day after tomorrow come any sooner...?

As soon as Mashiro said that,

♪ BGM: Silence ♫

her eyes opened wide as if she had noticed something.

...?
What's wrong?

Natsuhiko called out to her dubiously. But Mashiro didn't answer.

!

Her face just froze abruptly. Something was clearly wrong. Natsuhiko got worried and whispered to her.

Hey, Mashiro... hey!

That's when Mashiro slowly turned back and looked at Natsuhiko as if she had come back to her senses.

N-Natsuhiko...
What's wrong? Did something happen?
Umm... umm...

Mashiro looked around the bus, stammering.

(What's wrong?)

Natsuhiko looked around the bus too, but he didn't see anything happening. Everyone was just sitting quietly in their seats.

...Honestly, what's wrong?

Mashiro didn't answer for a while, but eventually, she spoke with a smile.

♪ BGM: Languid Hours of Rokumei City

You call that 'nothing'...?
Ah, actually, I had the feeling someone told us to shut up.
Huh? Oh yeah, I guess we did get a little carried away...
Oh no. I'll reflect on my actions too.
Yeah, let's bring it down a notch.

That said, Natsuhiko was actually relieved at Mashiro's answer. The three of them then quietly waited to reach their destination. Once they got quiet, the bus was filled with silence. But occasionally--

Alice: Grrrrr...

Alice would faintly growl. Aside from that, the bus was silent.