Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Part 2

Yes. It's the natural boundary diving Nohr and Hoshido.
It can't really be bottomless, can it?
Let the eternal darkness below be your answer. Those who fall in never return....I truly despise this place. Something about the land around here just isn't right. The sky here is always dark and foreboding and lightning strikes all who fly across.
This is clearly a place us mortals were never meant to enter. Normally we'd go around...but the fort that King Garon wants surveyed is right over there.

Compared to the inside of that fortress, this is downright exciting.

Well, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself before your horribly planned murder

Ha! That certainly puts things in perspective, milord. Come, let's proceed.

Why the devil is this place crawling with Hoshidans?

WHAT A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS

Hold on! Do not advance any farther, soldiers of Nohr.
Crossing that bridge is a violation of our border treaty. Turn back at once, or we'll be forced to attack!
What should we do?
We're not here to fight. I suppose we'll have to turn back and report to father.
Wise decision, Lord Corrin.
Who asked you, old man?
What?!

Aaaaugh! *dies*
Ah ha ha! Die, scumbags!
You'll...pay for this!

He's....being helpful. And you would probably believe that, too if he said it.

Pfft.
We should have tried diplomacy first. We weren't sent here to fight!
Speak for yourself, weakling.
What's that supposed to mean?

Uh...it means you ain't strong or something

Oh right, the ninja's still pissed.

Prepare to attack!

Get ready to fight, Lord Corrin.

Today's a seize mission today, but basically is also a kill-the-boss-ninja effectively.

You'll need to learn both, and fast! You can take a defensive position by moving to the same space as an ally. Your ally will benefit from your support, but you won't be able to attack. If you want to unleash the most potent attacks, stand in adjacent positions. From that alignment, allies may be able to attack simultaneously. I'd tell you more, but you're about to receive some practical experience....

Jeez, okay. So that long-rear end explanation was basically how pair-up works. Pair-up purely is a defensive maneuver now, as dual attacks no longer work if the attacker is paired up, though a non-paired unit can have a paired-up unit dual attack.

Pair-up still gives those stat boosts, but now a meter appears underneath the lead unit's HP. You gain 2 blips when either attacking or defending (I don't know why they couldn't just make it 5 blips instead), and at max meter your partner will automatically negate all damage.

The other new benefit to pair-up is that any opposing dual attacks are negated. Oh that's right, the enemies can now also use pair-up and dual attacks.

So this rear end in a top hat is a guest character. Has Gamble and HP+5, so just a weird pre-promoted Berserker.

Corrin leads ahead with Gunter support so Hans doesn't steal any kills.

Yeeeep, pretty much a death trap. The pair-up alone is tough, but they're also sitting on a fort for extra defense.

We've got to look for another way across. Lord Corrin! See if you can find a Dragon Vein around here.

*dies*

Time to lay low and see how this plays out...

The foreshadow is so visible, I need a nightlight

Anyways, Corrin is gonna make a dragon vein to make a stone bridge because dragon veins literally do anything

Gods! Did you see what just happened to the cliff? Who are we dealing with here?

Technically I can just ignore the top entirely and beat the boss/seize for the win, but I want that delicious EXP. Also show off a nice way to deal with range/melee pair-up formation.

While killing some extra archers, Corrin gets to level 5 and gets the level I expect to get instead of random super levels.

Felicia gains MAG/SPD/LCK/RES for level 3, which is best case scenario for her.

So the slow but risk free strategy here is to bait the archer lead at range, then attacking it in melee. Bait out the archer again, rinse-repeat. The tedious part is that pair-up's guard stance pops up every other battle because the samurai doubles Corrin.

With the pair-up eliminated, the Samurai is easy pickings for Felicia since he doesn't move.

Potshots and nickle healing gets Felicia another level, picking up some extra defense.

So the bottom area is the next destination. Keep in mind that there's another Dragon Vein where the circle is for a different stone bridge assault. But there's a reason why to avoid that.

Clearing the Samurai and Archer next to the boss got Corrin another level. Somehow gained speed again but no defense. Did my bane and boon switch??

More enemy reinforcements...Take caution, Lord Corrin.

So if you engage the mooks at the bottom, reinforcements come. If you took the lower stone bridge, you're basically pincered in which isn't nice.

Luckily in Fates, reinforcements only move on the enemy phase so no enemies appearing and then immediately attacking like Awakening.

No.

BUT. She learns the maid/butler skill Live to Serve, which heals the user equal to the healing it gives. It makes the class more self-sustainable without needing a second healer or burning a turn using a healing item.

Corrin basically solos the fliers.

Hoshido won't stand for unprovoked attacks like this. Revenge will be ours!

Boss time. Ninja boss can't really win in a war of attrition, even after the debuff from Iron Shuriken (MAG-2, DEF/RES -3)

What a weird thing for dead people to say.

*Hoshidan reinforcements appear*

Who are you?

My name is Saizo. I've come to claim your life.
Hey! Everyone! We're still under attack!
Destroy them!

What?! This must be their real commander...
What's going on here, Corrin?
Xander! How did you know we were in trouble?

Because Xander isn't a stupid idiot to trust literally a murderer he arrested.

*rest of the siblings arrive*

Are you all right? I was so worried about you.
We're all here for you, Corrin!
Thank you, everyone!
Um, but before we get too carried away...we ARE under attack.
Who dares attack my beloved Corrin? I'll have their heads on a platter!
I'm not hurt, Camilla.
But, darling, it's the thought that counts.

*Camilla immeditately wipes out two Samurai*

I never knew Camilla could be so...ruthless...
Heehee! That's right, you've never seen her on the battlefield before.

Yeaaah, not sure five against one is good, let alone five royals.

I misjudged the situation. We're outnumbered. Kagero, do we have anyone else on the way?
Affirmative. Lord Ryoma is right behind me.
Ahh...then I think this battle is as good as won.

They...they're still there. They could at least have the ninja models move.

Indeed. What should we do?
Well, Corrin is safe, and the fort's condition has been evaluated. There's no reason to engage Hoshido further at this point. Corrin, you take the lead with Gunter. We'll follow close behind.
Will do. Thank you, Xander.

*Corrin's group leaves*

"WE'LL FOLLOW CLOSE BEHIND"

*Back to the starting bridge*

I'm sure she's right behind us.
Now hurry up. I can't stand being on this bridge a moment longer.

Oh, it's Hans. Hello Hans.

Hans!
What is the meaning of this?
Less talk. More death.

WELL, GUNTER'S DEAD, poo poo

Why are you doing this? Your own ally...
Aww, did I knock your babysitter into the ditch? Here-you can meet up with him at the bottom!

Uh...paper drill arm????

You'll pay for this!
What?! What kind of...freak...are you?

THE gently caress IS HAPPENING

It can't be....
I want answers, Hans! Why are you doing this? Why did you provoke the Hoshidans? And why did you kill Gunter?
Answer me!

What a shocker

Where the gently caress are Xander and the others

Or even Felicia at this point

What?! You lie!
*Runs away*
Come back here!

And now the evil black sword is suddenly glowing really hard

What the gently caress was this plan, Garron.
Having Hans instigate an international incident to get Corrin killed wasn't enough
Having Hans attempt murder on a bridge wasn't enough
So the back-up back-up plan was have the sword just chuck him in a ditch as a last resort?
Boy, this plan assumes a lot huh

Tae fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Feb 15, 2017