Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Part 2

It's an ancient dragon. I never thought I'd see the day.

Watch out for enemies carrying Wyrmslayers! They're a type of blade designed to pierce dragon scales-and they work!

Uh, thanks Azura...?

Alright, lesse how Corrin is doing

Well, aren't you a big boy? Draconic Rage is a 15 mt weapon that can't double, but who cares. That is more powerful than most weapons in the entire game.

Azura is your typical Dancer except with a lance.

Healing Descant-Allies within 2 spaces heal 10% hp at the start of turn
Luck+4

Ryoma is facing off against the killer, which shouldn't be a problem because Ryo is broken as fu-

-uuuh? The hell, those are like 20/20 endgame stats.

He's got a Kodachi equipped, which is a 1-2 sword equivalent of the Hand Axe and Javelin. All three of these reduce your speed by 5, can't double, and can't proc crits or abilities. They super nerfed them to make the actual ranged weapons better (except Hidden Weapons are busted, but hey baby steps).

Sidenote, I got confused with steel weapons reducing speed. They reduce your ability to do doubles, the 1-2 generic melee weapons straight up make you slower.

Dark Mages are in Fates with a new ability called Malefic Aura-Enemies within a 2 tile radius receive 2 extra damage from magical attacks.

So, we have a problem here. The two mercs on the middle-left can basically one-shot everyone but Corrin. The pair-up on the bottom both have Wyrmslayers which combined with the mage, can kill Corrin easily.

The right side isn't that much better, because Corrin still dies to the Wyrmslayer+mage combo. The plan is to stack everyone outside the enemy range and bumrush it to make some space. Corrin can one-shot all the enemies, which will be key to survival.

Heh heh heh....

He has reason to laugh. Ryo has absolutely no chance against this guy. Thankfully nothing happens if he loses the duel, so don't feel too rushed to save him.

So these enemies we're facing aren't normal. They turn invisible-ish during combat like spirits.

Be careful, everyone! These enemies are no mere Faceless. One wrong move and they're perfectly capable of ending you.
I hope we can count on Corrin even in this new form...

Corrin takes out the Wyrmslayer, then Kaze gets support from Rinkah to build up some guard meter so he can be more resilient for the left side.

This turn's an easy clean-up with Corrin taking out one, and Kaze taking out the other with Azura's help. Corrin gains like 3 EXP per kill, so there's real no benefit to having him solo everything.

"Strength," he says

I like the battle damage details Fate has, as Ryo's head gear fell off while being down to critical damage.

Oh by the way, he's defeated next turn

You can kill me, but you cannot kill the spirit of Hoshido!
Brother, no! You have to step back! We can't afford to lose you...
Ugh...you're right. I'll retreat for now...

The leader just hangs around and doesn't move once he defeats Ryoma, so the mission is just to clear out the rest of the mooks for now.

Kaze takes on the approaching mages with a full guard meter, clearing out the more difficult equation of the combo.

Dark Mage reinforcements arrive in the corners circled on the map, but it'll take them a turn to reach us.

Kaze chips in for extra EXP since the Wyrmslayer can't kill Corrin in one turn, so the risk is worth it.

Yay, actual strength.

Azura gains like 15 exp every turn, so she'll eventually be one of our highest level units. Not like that'll actually matter stat-wise since Dancers are still frail as hell, but at least her level cap is 40.

A few turns later, Corrin reaches the killer and shows that he too has endgame stats.

Show me what you got. Heh heh heh....

Sakura got a level because Corrin kept missing way more than he should.

Finally goes down after like 6 turns.

Urgh...Not bad. heh. Heh. Heh...

Where's my goddamn defense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zKogAqZzsM

Suddenly, there's singing

Do NOT interrupt singing!!

Oh, Corrin no like singing

Still singing

I think he made it clear about his opinion on your singing by now

Kill me if you want, but...do it as yourself.

What's the count on "kill me to save yourself" cause I feel like it's been a few

Seriously, what kind of dragon is that with no face