Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Danger / FALSIFICATION: 09/16/2030, 13:48

Watase was going room to room, searching for Salyu.

(...?)

♪ BGM: Close to the Truth

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

(Subject? IGF2R gene? Observation target? No, more importantly--)

''Subject Y -> Yu (Sept. 10,2030)''

(--September 10? That's the day everything started changing, wasn't it!? What the hell is this file? What does any of this mean?)

At the same time Natsuhiko felt something off about some of the descriptors-- --a bizarre sight suddenly flickered in Watase's brain.

(But why!? What's bringing it back!?)

The event took Natsuhiko by surprise, and one second later-- Watase fled out of the room.

(Wha!? Wh-what the hell's he doing!?)

For some reason, Watase was in complete disarray. His mind was whirling with rage and discomfort. And once again, past memories came back--

(!! I swore I erased that memory...!)

But that memory came bursting out nevertheless.

Please let me know your mind...!

U-UWAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Wh-why did I...!?

Bewildered, Watase tottered out of the stairwell.

♪ BGM: Psychological Warfare

(!? ''The test subjects are dangerous''? ...What s gotten into him...!?)

Natsuhiko was left in confusion as that idea rose up inside of Watase--

(Don't tell me--!)

(Is that why reading the document provoked Watase's memories--!?)

Natsuhiko panicked and dove deeper into Watase's mind.

{Wh... what the hell was that!? What the hell were those words!? I don't know them! I've never heard those words before!!}
(What is this...!?)

It was clear that Watase was fearfully resisting the hatred that was seething within his mind. But the jet-black hatred gradually corroded that fear, painting it out. The hatred then evolved further into murderous intent.

(If this keeps up, Watase will revert back to how he was back then! I need to do something about his memories! ... No, but then...!)

Considering the damage memory erasure inflicted upon Watase, any further memory erasure could very well kill him. And naturally, if Watase died, Natsuhiko would vanish.

(Then what do I do!? How can I seal Watase's hatred!? Think! There's got to be a way!)

--Watase was scared of Yuuri for some reason. He hated her and wanted to murder her. Even though normally, he cared for her and tried to keep her safe. Each time his memories threatened to return, so too would his fear, hatred, and murderous intent.

(In that case, why don't I just get the jump on Watase... And give him the misconception that ''she's already dead''? I'm sure that would erase his fear of her, as well as his hatred and murderous intent...!)

He didn't know if it would work. But if he left things as-is, Watase could very well regain his memories. Natsuhiko had no choice but to take chances with his plan.

{Create an image of a ''dead Yuuri'' in Watase's memory--!}

♪ BGM: Silence ♫

Watase remained frozen on the spot as if he were dead.

(Hey... how long do you plan to stay like that...!?)

Driven by anxiety, Natsuhiko called out to Watase.

{--Hey, get a hold of yourself already! How long are you gonna space out for!? Hurry up and get back to the others!}
!!

Watase was shaken back to consciousness by Natsuhiko's voice. He then tottered back to the factory where everyone was waiting.

(... Looks like it'd be best for me not to tamper with your memory any further than this. So please, Watase. Don't try to regain your memory anymore...!)

Natsuhiko prayed. --But the distortion caused by his actions was soon exposed.