Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Despair / DECISION: 09/16/2030, 15:13

♪ BGM: Abyss

...!

Abnormal symptoms including skin discomfort, headache, and convulsing fingertips.

(No, Watase! It's too dangerous here!)

The manual they'd found in the engine room even had this to say: ''8000 mSv-: unconsciousness''. The contamination level in Area N was far beyond that.

(Khh-- If the contamination levels that high, then the device inside here really must be that WX particle amplifier! Is this device the reason the facility's ''mSv'' values have been increasing!?)

Once Natsuhiko was convinced of that connection, a sudden realization hit him.

(!!!)

♪ BGM: Silence ♫

''AD'', ''Procyon'', ''contaminated zone'', ''WX particle amplifier'', ''WX particle'', ''BC's third ability''. The scattered puzzle pieces inside of Natsuhiko rapidly connected into one.

(Ah, ah, aahh...! I... I got it! I've solved one of the mysteries!)

The answer he finally found was the true nature of the facility.

♪ BGM: The Truth is Revealed

(... I've been connected to Watase for six hours using ''BC's third ability''. But whenever he administered ''AD'', the connection would halt, and when he entered a ''contaminated zone'', it would resume. So in other words, the ''AD'' that LABO made is a drug that inhibits my BC abilities-- The ''WX particles'' spreading around LABO have the opposite effect as AD: they augment my BC abilities!)

And in the dead center of the high-security LABO was a ''WX particle amplifier''. And the ''Procyon'', the device that measured the WX particles, was built by LABO as well. The Procyon, the AD, the WX particles... everything relates to BC--!

(Which means... which means LABO!!)

(--So LABO really isn't a nuclear power research lab at all! It's a facility for researching ''WX particles'' and ''BC abilities''!!)

Natsuhiko finally arrived at that truth-- and at that very same moment--

♪ BGM: Abyss

!!

Watase panicked and operated the terminal. The gate quickly began to close. But before it could finish, Kazami slipped through--

--and swung the fire extinguisher down right onto Watase's head. Sparks filled his vision and his body shook left and right. But Watase mustered the last of his strength--

AAAAAAAAAH!

And pushed Kazami right out of Area N.

OPEN THE GATE, WATASE!

Kazami's voice drowned out behind the gate.

♪ BGM: Evil and Nightmares

Why was there no fire and no nuclear reactor in Area N, but rather Natsuhiko on the brink of death instead? Why did Yuuri's body disappear?--

The amnesia and the contradictory memories were caused by Natsuhiko's abilities.

The reason ''Yuuri'' ran away was probably the same.

But even Natsuhiko had six lingering questions of his own that he could not solve.

But what he understood the least was--

It felt like a voice rising up from Natsuhiko's heart of hearts.

(That's right... Try to remember! The answer has to be in something I've seen so far.)

With that thought in mind, Natsuhiko recalled Rokumei City's Seven Wonders.

Natsuhiko couldn't understand why he was suddenly reminded of these wonders. However--

(If all of those are true, then...!)

--It was too out there to call it a theory. It was nothing more than a simple guess. But Natsuhiko thought:

(I don't know who's at fault here...)

--He knew that he couldn't let it end like this.

♪ BGM: The Brave Decision

(Then I'll investigate! I'll find out exactly what's going on here! I can't leave everything to Watase anymore. I can't remain a mere spectator-- --I'm throwing down the gauntlet! If the two of us work together, we can do this--!!)

The moment he made his brave decision-- Natsuhiko's consciousness returned to his body.

His sight, his hearing, his touch, his smell, his taste, and his pain all awoke inside his body.

!!

And immediately afterwards, he felt a burning pain singe through his bullet wounds. It was genuine pain that he had to grit his teeth to bear.

--...gh!!

But Natsuhiko bore the pain nonetheless. He focused all the strength he could muster into his heavy limbs-- --and slowly but surely, he stood up. The blood transfusion needle fell out, but he paid no heed to that... and stepped up to Watase.

When he heard Natsuhiko's footsteps, Watase peeled his heavy eyes open.

--Get up. None of this is over yet...!

Six towering devices stood in the vast Area N. As they made their mechanical whirring sounds-- An intense, resolute voice shook the cool air.

You and I will save everyone from this nightmare...!

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 28, 2017