Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Kind of? I mean, you killed like one guy and Takumi sat on the bench

Yes, Corrin. We won this battle.
But remember, we're in Nohrian territory now. We've got a long way to go.
Can't I just be happy for a minute?
Of course.
But time is of the essence. Garon will hear about this soon. It won't be long before more Nohrian troops are on our trail.
He's right. We've got to find someplace to rest. It'll be dark soon. There's cover in the forest nearby. What do you think, Ryoma?
I think that's a good idea. Let's move toward the forest. I've been studying maps of the area in preparation for this scenario. Follow me!

*Later that night*

What's that?

*Azura walks from the lake*

Ah, it's Azura. I wonder what she's doing up at this hour. I hope everything's OK. It almost seemed like she was going to faint back in Nestra.
Well, there's only one way to find out.

*A moment later*

It sounds like she's singing that song again.

*Corrin finds Azura singing*

Ah, there she is.
It seems a bit cold for a swim...

*Azura stops singing*

Oh, Corrin!
Azura...what are you doing out here? Couldn't sleep?
Were you following me?
I suppose I was. I just heard your voice, and I wanted to ask you something.
Yes? What is it?
Well, it's about the song you were singing just now.
I see.

For example, when you sang to Takumi, it seemed to break the spell he was under. But when you sang to the Nohrian soldiers, it was almost like they were in a trance. And Izana knew some of the words—even though he'd never heard it sung before!
How is that possible?

Wait, what's this about a trance? I don't remember that in the battle menu.

I'm sorry, but I'd rather not talk about it.
Really? Azura, it's me. You can tell me anything.
You should try and get some sleep. We're going to be up early tomorrow.
Please don't change the subject. You won't talk about the song, and I feel as though I hardly know anything about you. Doesn't that make you lonely? You know that we're all friends—we're here for you!
Corrin...it's not that simple...
Ugh...

Agghhh...
No! Azura!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crBbUqAyIbg

Alright, who Poison Striked you

Weird, why would you say that after the purple thing's gone and not during

*huff *huff* *huff*
Phew... I'm OK now. I'm sorry to have worried you.

Missy, you got sum 'splaining to do

Please, don't apologize. I'll go get someone. Can Sakura help?
I'm afraid not. What you've seen is the result of a curse.
Like you, I carry special blood in my veins. But this comes at a price...
I can sing for fun, or even to help someone in battle, and I'll be OK.
But when I sing THAT song, in combination with my pendant... I'm able to generate a special kind of power.
The power to exorcise demons?
Something like that.

It doesn't always happen right away. But it always happens.
Why didn't you tell us before? You've been suffering needlessly this whole time!
No. The suffering is temporary, and I always recover.
But...
But nothing. Each time I have sung that song, it was required. And it will be required again in the near future. We will eventually need the song's power to defeat King Garon.
I see.

No wait, but what was that time you tranced enemy soldiers

If my song can help us end the war, I'll sing it as many times as necessary.
OK. But you must promise that you won't ever put yourself in danger. I don't know how you can willingly inflict such suffering upon yourself...
I promise.
If only everyone were as kindhearted as you, we'd have no war at all, Corrin.
Thank you, Azura.
I'm sorry for no telling you about this before, but... I didn't want you to worry.

Class Overview: Swordmaster, Wyvern Lord

Swordmaster

Pair-up Bonus: +5 SPD, +3 LCK
Weapon rank: Swords (S)

Skills: (lvl 5) Astra-Skill x 0.5% chance of triggering 5 consecutive hits with half damage
(lvl 15) Swordfaire-When user is equipped with a Sword, damage +5 during battle

This is the first class to be able to S rank a weapon, which I would hope so for a class literally called "Swordmaster." The other Samurai promotion has more cool skills, but if you just want power, here you go.

Wyvern Lord

Pair-up Bonus: +3 STR/DEF
Weapon rank: Lances (B), Axes (A)

Skills: (lvl 5) Rally Defense-Defence +4 to all allies within a 2 tile radius for one Turn when the “Rally” command is used
(lvl 15) Swordbreaker-Hit rate and Avoid +50 when the enemy is equipped with a Sword

Wyvern Lord is a great class to have on your team, between a good spread of weapons and having Swordbreaker on a unit that mains Axes is really convenient, giving incentive to forgo lances entirely eventually. Rally skills like defense are also much better in Fates, and obviously much easier to implement with a flying unit than say Sakura's useless Rally Luck with 5 terrain-induced movement.