Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Lord Corrin, could I have a moment of your time? There's a familiar face here to see you.
Lord Corrin, it's truly splendid to see you are doing well!
When word reached us that you had gone missing, I could not rest. Tracking nobles across dimensional barriers was a new item for my résumé... But I am undoubtedly richer for it.
Now that I am here, I would like to fight at your side.

Cool, Jacob's back randomly. And of course if this was a female Corrin run, Felicia would be back instead.

I built a Hot Spring cause I don't need to upgrade the rod shop yet. This is basically a funsies thing where you see wacky hijinks of characters talking and/or walking in on the opposite gender.

That's huge pool, goddamn

The team just accidentally keeps going deeper and deeper into Nohr territory. With apparently hundreds of troops or something?

It's been a while, lesse what ole murder king's been up to.

I am aware of that. It seems your trick with the explosives may be growing stale. Running out of ideas, are we?
My apologies, Your Majesty. I take full responsibility for this misstep. However, I assure you that I have more tricks up my sleeve. I'll redeem myself—you'll see!
I certainly hope so.
Yes...er...of course. I plan on ambushing Corrin and his troops shortly.
Do as you wish. But understand that this is the last failure I will tolerate.
Certainly, Your Majesty. *leaves*
Pitiful.

The guy can literally cast illusions that disguise civilians as enemies, how have you not used it more than once

Meanwhile....

Yes. I believe this place is known as Macarath. It's a town known for stage shows and gambling, much like Nestra. However, it seems as though the war has put a damper on business.
That's just as well. We don't have any time to waste. We should probably keep to the outskirts as much as possible.

You're telling me Nohr-Vegas is so poor that they just stop doing stuff? And abandon a huge city just like that? Talk about poor management.

Agreed.
*cough* *cough*
Takumi? Are you feeling OK?
Urgh... Yes, everything's fine...
You don't seem very steady on your feet. Perhaps we should rest.
No, really, I'm fine. *cough* *cough* Hurrrk...

The 3d models put in 2d stills does not exactly mesh well.

Takumi! Can you hear me?! Someone, help!
Oh no...how is this possible?
What is it, Sakura? What's wrong with him?
I...I think he has a rare fever that's specific to this region. Do you see these spots on his throat? They're one of the unique symptoms. It's extremely s-serious! He could die if we don't treat it immediately.
Gods... How could this have happened?
It's possible he contracted it from one of the wolfskin.

Don't tell me he's also got a wiff of the cooties

I'm s-sorry. I should've noticed his symptoms a lot earlier.
*cough* *cough* Don't worry, Sakura. It's not what you think it is. It'll probably just go away on its own.
Or...maybe Azura can try singing for me! Didn't that work before?
I'm sorry, Takumi, but my song isn't a miracle cure. It won't help with this.

If I remember correctly, there's and herb that can reduce the fever considerably. But I have no idea where to find any.
Hmm... The Palace Macarath should have a well-stocked apothecary.
But if it's a Nohrian palace, won't it be filled with...you know...Nohrians?
Yes, of course. However, I notice we haven't seen many people around so far. I think it's reasonable to assume the palace will not be fully staffed. Especially when King Garon isn't around.

Seriously, where is everyone in an entire city. Maybe Nohr is poor as hell because they're so wasteful?

Well, I can't think of a better idea. Let's check it out.
Very well. Follow me. My intelligence reports are highly detailed.
Will you be able to walk, Takumi?
Nnngh. Yes, as short way at least. Just put my bow in my hand if we run into any Nohrian scum. Even in this state, I'll take a few of 'em out with me.

Better than Setsuna still, I guess

*The crew arrives at the palace*

So this is one of Garon's palaces. It does seem oddly deserted.
We've been lucky so far. Garon wouldn't leave the place completely abandoned. We should remain on high alert.
Understood. Is everyone ready?
Yes. Now, let's not dawdle as we enter the palace. There may be roving guards. Let's move one three. One...two...
Three!
Come on, everyone!

*The group runs around for a while*

It looks like we have company. Brace yourselves and be ready for anything.
Garon could have left a monster waiting for us. Or a trap. Or...

...Flora?!

Hey girl, how's been hanging?

Lord Corrin?
What are you doing here?!
Sister!
Why are all of YOU here? This is super dangerous!
There's an unused room nearby—let's get out of here and talk.

It's amusing because they all ninja run.

*A moment later*

All right. We should be safe here for a while. It's so good to see you again, Lord Corrin!
You too, Flora. I miss everyone from Nohr.
Except King Garon, of course.

That includes Iago and Hans, dude

Anyway, what are you doing here?
After you left, everyone in the Northern Fortress was sent away. I got my orders to come here, and that was it.
I'm so sorry. I know my decision impacted a lot of people.
It's OK. I'm actually happy to be here. Your decision really opened my eyes to what was going on.
Now I'm just glad I don't have to see King Garon every day...
I see. I'm glad to hear it, Flora.
So...how did the rest of you end up here?

Oh right, the dying thing.

Can you help us?
Yes, of course. Nobody works at the apothecary anymore, but it's fully stocked. I'm sure I can sneak out whatever you need.

What do you mean, "nobody works at the medicine stores?" According to what they've seen, Flora is the only one in the entire palace.

You'd do that for us?
Of course! Any friend of Lord Corrin's is a friend of mine. After I get the medicine, I'll show you how to sneak out the back door of the palace.
Thank you, Flora. You may be saving my brother's life.

*Someone teleports in*

Hello, Corrin. Happy to see me again?
What do you want? You're massively outnumbered here.
Oh ho! So quickly you begin speaking of battle. Where's the witty banter? One mustn't leap straight into battle without a little banter. It's uncivilized!

Corrin had witty banter? Or any banter?

Also, as usual, you're badly misinformed. You're the one who's outnumbered.
How did you know we were here? Were you the one who attacked the hideout in Cheve?

What are you saying?
Ah, dearest Flora. I didn't realize you were here. Kicked out of Garon's inner circle, were you?
I don't have anything to say to you.
Ooh, saucy! I like it. Maybe I'll kill you last.
Iago, I'm ordering you to leave at once! I am an official employee of this palace, and you are NOT. Remember, this is King Garon's royal villa. What would he say about you destroying it with a battle?

Is she really using Bouncer rules to kick out a teleporter?

Oh, you're so wrong. I can do anything, as long as I get results.

Eyaaaahh!
That's for talking back. Now, who's next? You'll all bend the knee before I'm finished.

(Iago readies another spell)

Alright, just kill him already.

No! Flora!
She's just taking a little nap.
Now. I'm feeling all bantered out. Let's get down to business.
You'll pay for this, Iago.
Wonderful. A pithy final statement from our hero. Unfortunately this is no fairy tale, Prince Corrin.
King Garon would like your head on a platter, and I'm not one to disappoint him.

It's been a long while since we started in a building battle. Troops already surround the team, but that's fine.

STATS here: https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=146977

Bench 4 units, Takumi's out due to plot reasons: http://www.strawpoll.me/12519251

Units Joined

Class sets: Starts as Butler (Troubadour), Cavalier
PSkill: Evasive Partner-If the Avatar is the lead unit, Avatar’s Avoid +15, damage received -3

Growth Rates
HP: 50
STR: 40
MAG: 25
SKL: 55
SPD: 50
LCK: 55
DEF: 30
RES: 35

While Felicia is more of a natural magical and speedy nuke, Jakob is a physical fighter that's in the wrong class. His natural growths beg to be reclassed as a Paladin/Great Knight. His PSkill is also more protective for Corrin, forgoing extra damage for more damage prevention and excellent avoid in exchange.

Tae fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 13, 2017