Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

I need to do this DLC now.

Before Awakening is free DLC that's available anytime you get access to MyCastle, but the caveat is that DLC scales with the chapter progress of the game. This is the last chance I have before things turn really hard.

You should have a really accurate guess on what this is from the title alone.

What's wrong, Felicia?
Well, I was just cleaning up a part of the castle, minding my own business... I saw movement in the corner of my eye—I think I saw some invisible soldiers!
Hand on... You SAW invisible soldiers?
Y-yes! I mean, they weren't completely invisible. You know what I mean, milord! Anyway, I screamed when I saw them, and they ran off.
Did you see which direction they ran in?
I did! I tried to follow them, but then they went through a sliver of light... a gateway. I peered inside, but all I could see were trees. I've never seen a forest like it.
A forest through a gateway of some kind...
It didn't feel like any place we've been to. It felt like another world entirely.
If those soldiers went to that world, the people there may be in danger. We need to chase after them! Do you remember where the gate is?
Yes! Follow me!

DIMENSION WARP

I haven't a clue.
Hmmm... What are we going to do now?
Oh, it looks like there's a sign over there. It's legible, too! Halidom of... Ylisse?

Yikes!
Forgive me—did I startle you? You look a bit lost.
Milord. I don't believe I've ever seen these people before.
Oh! Travelers, then? That would explain the strange clothes you're wearing.
Um, sorry, but who are you?
Ah, I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Chrom. I'm captain of the Shepherds. The delicate one here is my little sister, Lissa.

Anyone that marries Henry is not delicate in the slight

Ignore my brother, please. He can be a bit thick sometimes.
Ehem. Over here is my knight, Frederick.
I serve as his aide and second-in-command.
I see. It's nice to meet you. My name is Corrin. With me is Felicia.
It's nice to make your acquaintance.
It's a pleasure to met both of you. So tell me, Corrin, what brings you through this area today?
The truth is, we were in pursuit of a group... Have you noticed anything strange happening lately? Maybe seen some warriors, nearly invisible?

Our halidom has been invaded?! They could be from neighboring Plegia...

Wait, isn't this the part where you say "Dat is Pegasus Dung!"

Lord Corrin, remember! This must be another world! We should do our best not to confuse or panic them, if we can avoid it.
Oh right! Um... did I say invisible warriors? I meant invisible... invisible...

You're not very good at improvising, milord.
Warthogs? Invisible ones?

Goddamnit Chrom

Yes, they are a very dangerous type of beast from our homeland. They're... um... excellent guard animals, but if left alone, they can cause a lot of trouble.
They can even destroy towns! They are very, very dangerous! Think of the worst wild animal you can—these are much worse!
These creatures sound awful!

If it's too close, hold nothing back when you fight them!
Really? Aren't these your beasts?
It's not important! It matters more to us that no on gets hurt in their rampage! We've... um... traveled very far to make sure everyone stays safe.
A-all right...

The behavior is suspicious?

This story sounds unlikely, at best. And just a moment ago, Felicia referred to you as Lord. Perhaps you would be so kind as to explain why you have such a title?
Well...
(If he tries to improvise again, we're all doomed.)

If you were going to tell the truth in the first place, then why

I beg your pardon?!
What? You're a prince?!
Yes, he is!
Felicia...

You are?
AHHHHHHH!!!
Was that a scream?!
I think it came from over there!

Good job making this guy the leader, Ryoma

*sigh* We've got this, milord!
Ah! Corrin?!
We're going too! Lissa, Frederick, follow me!
Of course!

It is them!
I'm so glad we found them!

*Chrom's group arrives*

Chrom?! I don't want to involve you three in our troubles!
It is our duty as defenders of this land to help whenever it's threatened. We'll aid you!
Chrom...
Thank you. Let's word together to end their rampage!
OK!

Frederick is still tough as ever, though slightly weaker because of how Silver Weapons work now.

Chrom is beefy and speedy, two things that'll help him survive this mission because I need all three to live to get the special item.

It's chapter 2 of Awakening, if you remember that nightmare.

I'm going in heavy with this mission, taking no chances. Ryoma, Sakura, Reina, Scarlet, and Felicia will show the true full power of the squad.