Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

The map is a long, winding corridor in which you chase down Candace.

The Dragon Veins here burn down trees to make shortcuts so you can try and kill her before she gets away. The actual challenge of this map is keeping Candace still while waiting for reinforcements to come so you get all that sweet EXP.

She's another boring Adventurer with just a Silver Bow, and her stats aren't even that great for a level 14 promoted unit.

Midori we'll get to at the end of this update, but she's thoroughly average because you're mixing a speedster with a magic user.

I promised a one turn kill and here it is. Scarlet carrying Sakura, Sakura Rescues Hinoka who's carrying Silas.

Oh look, victory

Well done. But I'll warn you. I'm strong as an oak!

Who ARE you?!

Don't scare me like that. Running off on me? I was terrified! All of this, just for those herbs?
We could have gathered more. They're not worth the risk of losing you. So never do that again!

Wait, there's more Dragon Herbs? Kaze, why you holding back on us, I thought we were family

But I just— Ugh, you don't understand! Those herbs grow here only once every year! And you don't realize the true value of those herbs anyway. Those herbs can make wishes come true!
Huh? I knew they were useful, but they can actually grant wishes?
Well the fact is...the herbs can help make one specific wish come true.

...Kaze, were you seriously going to just throw her back into her dimension after this delivery job

Midori, we still could have waited for the herbs to grow back. This was risky.
Don't you realize?! A year here would be FOREVER in my Deeprealm! And I just can't wait THAT long to prove my usefulness again! I...I...hate it there, away from you!
I'm sorry that I've put you through all of this, Midori. It was only for your safety.

Jesus christ, you were seriously going to throw her back into isolation from her own parents

Forgive me for not realizing what you were going through much earlier.
Of course, time is more fleeting in the Deeprealms. I planned to visit as often as I could, since days here would be much longer for you. I am dearly sorry for putting you through such loneliness.
Here, take my hand, Midori. From now on, we walk together in life.

You're serious, Father?
Of course! I'll just go let my comrades know that you'll be joining us.
Thank you, Father! Now, see? I was right about the power of these herbs! My greatest wish is coming true!
Let's go, Midori. We have a lot to catch up about. I want to know everything about your life in your Deeprealm. I've missed out on so much. Tell me about it all—and don't leave out a single day.
Yes, Father. That will surely keep us busy for at least a few years!

Unit joined

Class sets: Starts as Apothecary, Shrine Maiden, Ninja
PSkill: Lucky Charm-Skills with an activation rate dependent on the Luck stat have their rate increased by 20%

Growth Rates (as a Merchant)
HP: 65
STR: 52.5
MAG: 27.5
SKL: 57.5
SPD: 42.5
LCK: 67.5
DEF: 40
RES: 25

Using the Offspring Seal bumps up her lance usage D which is nice, but her real strength is her PSkill. She's far more likely to activate Profiteer, which means more free Gold Bars that will eventually feed into Spendthrift for a powerful self-sustainable unit.

She's relatively slow, especially for being Kaze's kid but high HP and defense defense stat keeps her a bit more resilient than papa ninja. Keep in mind that she does get +3 from Tonics instead of 2 thanks to Potent Potion, so her flaws are less than you think.