Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Kana, Kaden are out. The latter out forever. Goodbye, weirdly tanky myrmidon mage/cav killer...?

The Dragon Veins here just mass heal anyone in the area, which is suicide because why would you gather in the middle where all the enemies can use turrets?

Hinoka starts taking out the magic turret users at the bottom, gaining a free Bloom Festival. I'm not sure why Maids are part of a bandit group but...Nohrians.

The center gets eliminated as well quite easily since it's a bunch of unpromoted units.

Kaze picks up a Dragon Spirit.

Corrin becomes the "wall" for the left side, and takes his time to take out a dangerous Tomohawk zerker in the process. His journey to become the most average character continues.

Scarlet gets a crit off her team attack and gains a nice level for her persistence.

Silas just does one thing: SMASH

Reinforcement Maids show up at the bottom. This will be a recurring thing because of course rout maps have to be really annoying.

I unconscionably put all my best fighters on the left side and Silas with like a small group again. Whoops.

Takumi getting 5k gold on his kill reminds me I haven't spent money for a looong while. I should probably buy more practice katanas or something.

Midori and Kaze are pretty much staying at the bottom side of the map for the rest of the mission.

Silas picks up a Dracoshield for his efforts.

Oh no, the enemy can use those ballista on us!

oh wait, it's literally useless on anyone that isn't a flier.

Mozu gets 3k gold off that Outlaw. Must've had a robbery right before messing with us.

Kagero gets a Silver Shuriken off her Maid kill.

Mitama has lost about 40 HP, but you'll never know because of Renewal. Sneaky good decoy unit because enemies love attacking archers.

Takumi doubling is the death of all. Venge Club is dropped from that zerker.

Enemy paired-up enemies show up for the final wave. Been a while since I've seen them.

One minute later, yeah I might be a bit overleveled because kid Paralogues are waaaay stronger than story at this point.

Sakura absolutely obliterates the zerker, then Mozu chips in damage to gain a new level.

Mozu has strangely been a little absent on strength, which is more noticable considering her weapon choices are Guard Naginata and a bunch of bronze stuff.

And people were so adamant on making Mozu an archer, when the game gives you so many secondary archers despite benching Setsuna and Reina super early.

Tiny baby resistance.

PSkill: Highwayman-When user triggers the battle, if the enemy cannot counter-attack, enemy’s Strength and Speed -3 after the battle (stats recover by 1 each Turn)

So lesse. Shura has an excellent PSkill that's basically a ninja skill, except it combines well with a Spy Yumi so he can go beyond safe for debuffing purposes.

But for boss purposes, he's easy smack fodder.

If only you'd given me that lovely sword...we could have avoided all this.

Oh, you mean this sword?

You guys...aren't mere travelers...are you?

Of course, here comes the awkward part of Rout maps where you beat the named boss but still have to clean up the grunts.

Luckily, Hinoka is an expert at dealing with awkward situations

Someone tie him up! the fewer people who know we're here, the better.

If no one noticed you during that huge battle with ballista and magic turrets you're pretty safe by now

Geez, just kill me if you're going to kill me!
Hold on, Ryoma. I want to speak with this man. As a thief, he may know something about the secret passageway into the castle...
Hmm? What passageway?
It's something I've always remembered about the day I was kidnapped from Nohr...

Is that so?
It must have been made long ago for the purpose of infiltrating the castle unseen. I'm certain that King Garon and the Nohrian royals know nothing about it. If the tunnel is still there, it would benefit us greatly to make use of it. Do you know anything about this, thief?
Heh. I know a lot of stuff.
In that case, you must tell us. It is imperative that we reach the castle!
Or what—you'll kill me? Go ahead.

drat! An actual smart enemy!

Well...you just need to grease the wheels, kiddo.
What is it that you desire?
Ah, now we're talking! Money. And lots of it.
Very well. Money is no object for us. If your motivations are so base and pathetic, we can bury you in coin. On my honor as High Prince of Hoshido, you shall be paid at the first opportunity.

That's right. I'm Ryoma, heir to the throne of Hoshido. I shall ascend the throne as soon as this war ends. At that time I will grant you as much money as your pathetic mind can comprehend.
Um, Ryoma? You sure you want to reveal your true identity to this guy? Not to mention promising him unlimited money...

Takumi wants his pension intact

He has information that could help save us invaluable time. We have no choice. Although, I suppose we haven't yet tried interrogation...

Excuse me?
The name's Shura. My family once served yours. I am a ninja of Kohga...a land that exists only in memory now.

That explains the PSkill.

Kohga! That's a name I haven't heard for many, many years.
Hey, Takumi. Do you know what they're talking about? I've never heard of Kohga before.
Yeah, Kohga was a small kingdom that bordered Mokushu. The place was known for its ninja dojos...until Mokushu burned it to the ground. Now that territory belongs to Mokushu and nothing remains of Kohga.
That's terrible...

Yo, gently caress Mokushu. For many, many reasons.

I was a child... Chased from my homeland and separated from the other survivors. Even as a refugee, I was denied entry to Hoshido. So I wound up in Nohr.

Wait, why would you still be loyal to Hoshido then

I was exiled and alone. My only choice was to steal or die. You can guess what I chose. I've been here ever since, searching for others like me and trying to stay afloat...
I'm sorry for your troubles and that you weren't able to find safe haven in Hoshido. When this war is over, I will do all I can to help your people reclaim your homeland.
There's just one condition. Join us! Join us and fight to make our world a better place!

YEAH MORE BOW USERS, CAN'T GET ENOUGH

Anyone who would help my people claim what was taken from us has my support.
Excellent. Now, I believe Azura mentioned something about a secret passageway...
Of course. The tunnel.
Thank you for your help, Shura. I apologize for threatening you earlier.
Don't worry about it. I had it coming.
Well, I'm glad to have you on our side from now on. With your help, we just might gain the advantage we need to defeat King Garon.

*Azura leaves*

She was much younger back then. She seems to have grown up strong. That's...a relief. Still, I had no idea I'd ever see her face again...)
Ehem! Are you folks ready to get moving?
We've kicked up enough dust that I'm sure some soldiers will be poking around soon. I'll lead you to the capital's underground. From there, we'll enter the secret tunnel.
You're in for a wild ride, heh.