Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

So...did no one else see that

Did everyone just leave right away after defeating a giant rear end dragon, and more importantly, the king of Nohr

HELLO???

*Much time passed*

Let it be known that Ryoma, High Prince of Hoshido, has succeeded Queen Mikoto! He takes the throne at the cusp of a new era of peace in our land. Ryoma, please accept this crown as a symbol of your title.
Thank you, Yukimura. As king, I vow to uphold the values my mother represented so well. Justice. Charity. Equality. And above all else...peace.
We shall lead the world into a new age of prosperity!

"I will now produce a magical overpowered mind barrier that renders all enemies docile!"

*The crowd applause*

You're king!
You look so r-regal! I'm so happy for you, Brother... *sniffle*
Are you OK, Sakura? This should be a happy occasion...
Yes, I know. I was just thinking of how happy this would make Mother...
I'm so sorry. But I think you're right. She is happy, wherever she is...
Yeah. She's probably watching over us right now, tearing up herself.
*sniffle* Aw, drat it!

We've got to pull ourselves together—at least until the end of the ceremony!
He's right. How does it look to people out there with all of us sobbing up here?
Quiet, everyone! I think Ryoma has a bit more to say...
Shh!

"Yes...I AM a lobster!"

With any war come casualties. But the casualties of this war have been almost too much to bear. I speak, of course, of our beloved Queen Mikoto. Still, we must move forward. The crisis our world faced is finally at an end. And in this moment, we have done something extraordinary...

"It turns out that killing everyone that can fight makes it easier to negotiate!

I know some of you here today probably find it hard to swallow. But there can be no light without dark. The two complement each other... And so, too, do the two greatest kingdoms there ever were.

what.

They each have something the other lacks and together are made whole. We in Hoshido must share our light and light and our bounty. We have much to leach from our brothers and sisters at Nohr.

What exactly does Nohr offer, other than eating your food.

Let us live...together. Let us move forward on the same path toward a brighter future. Thank you for your time, and may the gods bless you.

*More applause*

Well spoken, Ryoma.
*sob*
Hah! He got you, too.
No, I just some smoke in my eyes...
It's OK. We all did.
AHEM. Speak for yourself, Sister.
Hah! At lease we can count on Takumi to bring us back to reality.
Excuse me, but the ceremony is not quite over...
I'm so sorry, Yukimura. Please continue.
This concludes the coronation ceremony!

*Final applause*

*After the ceremony*

I just hope all the crying didn't distract you too much.
Thank you, Corrin. No, I didn't even notice. Hopefully you didn't notice how nervous I was up there.
You, nervous? I don't believe it! You looked right in your element. Bold and regal, befitting your new title.
Really? Well, thank you. That's reassuring.
Yes, It was quite a moment what Yukimura handed you the crown.

What are these face placements, did they just stop caring

Not to tears, mind you...
I had no idea the Hoshidan royals were such softies.
Camilla! Leo! I'm so glad you could make it today.
Of course.
It wouldn't do for Hoshido's newest allies to miss Ryoma's coronation, would it?

I'm so happy to see both of you!
You too, Corrin. Although I can't say I'm fully comfortable walking around Hoshido just yet.
Leo, I assure you—
Oh please, Leo. What about when you were milling around the outdoor market this morning? Remember? You were going on about how great it was to see Corrin again?
Camilla!

Waiting on that wrong collar joke for one last good ole hit

Ahaha!
Anyway, it's wonderful to see you, Corrin.
But I must admit that the loss of Xander and Elise still weighs heavily on me... How are you holding up?
I think about them every day.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Those who fell in the war will never be forgotten. We won't easily forget how many lives were lost to Hoshidan blades...

Well...at least one wasn't by Hoshidan blades....

All we can do to atone is prevent such a war from ever happening again.
Right you are.
Were it within my power as king, my first act would be to bring back your siblings. And Azura as well...
Oh...I miss Azura so much...

So...they DO know Azura poofed into water bubbles? And no one questioned further? Anyone?

Weren't you with her since basically all of Corrin's tenure in Nohr

Again with the crying? Look, it may have taken me a while to warm up to Azura, but in the end...
I..I really miss her, too. *sniffle*
Now we've done it. Even Takumi is crying.
You guys are going to need to hold it together at my coronation, OK? We can't have all of Nohr thinking that Hoshidans are moved so easily to tears.
YOUR coronation? But I thought Camilla was next in line...

To answer your question... Yes, I am next in line for the crown. But I begged Leo to take my place, and he has graciously accepted.
I have no desire to run a kingdom.
So there you have it. You should know that I have big plans for Nohr. I think a friendly competition with Hoshido will be good for both of us.
And on that note, I'm quite busy...so it's time I said my good-byes.
I'll join you.
Everyone, I look forward to seeing you at the coronation ceremony in Nohr!
Thank you, Camilla. We'll be there.

*Leo and Camilla leave*

And off they go...

Too bad they're leaving so soon. They're going to miss the festival!
Hmm?
That's right...I forgot you've never seen a Hoshidan festival before. It's kind of like...the biggest party you can imagine. So put all those sad feelings on the back burner...and get ready to DANCE!

This has been the worst update by far, somehow.

Oh, it's been so long since we've had a proper festival... I can w-wait!
Just try not to embarrass yourselves this time, guys. You're members of the royal family!
Need I remind you of a certain incident not so long ago? ...Involving you dancing on stage with a band of musicians? I kid, Brother.

Everytime they try to shoe-horn in backstory is so half-hearted.

Hmm...it would behoove me to make an offering on Mother's behalf at some point. Perhaps some vendor is selling those sweet rice dumplings she used to love...
This is going to be great! How can I help?
Let's just make sure the crowds don't get too rowdy.
Other than that, we're on official orders to have a good time!

You are the most traitorous of traitors, traitor

Thank you, everyone. Having all of you by my side fills my heart with joy. Now, please. I've heard enough about peace and justice and the future.
As Hinoka said, let's have some fun for once!

*Time passes, Corrin is by the lake after the party*

Maybe I should take a little break... It's all just a bit overwhelming. Hmm...
This place seems familiar...
Oh! It's where I first met Azura. Oh, Azura...

*Suddenly, singing was heard*

*Corrin runs to the figure*

Maybe I'm just hallucinating due to the exhaustion, but I don't care. I'm so glad to see you!
Shh.
...Azura?
Tell me, Corrin. What do you see in this lake?
Just water, I suppose. What am I supposed to see?

Empty your mind of thoughts, and let yourself be in the moment.

ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON NOW

Well, OK...
Good. Keep you focus on the lake. Don't look away.
But, I have so much I want to say...
Not now. Just do as I ask.

No? FINE

...I'm sorry, but I have to get this off my chest. I want to thank you for everything you've done. You're the most selfless person I've ever known, and I just... Wait Azura? *sigh*

Thank you for your bravery, Corrin. I hope we can meet again someday...
Azura...if you can hear me...
...I'm sure we will meet again. Somehow. Until then...I will never forget you.

Don't tell me you're calling it a night. The festival is still going strong!
Heh. I was just taking a breather. You guys sure know how to celebrate. You can tell everyone I'll be right back.
I just need a few more minutes to dream...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrdrPwB8q0g

AREN'T YOU MARRIED TO HIM

*Corrin and Hinoka land*

You stood for peace. Always. We carry on your legacy.

That said...our task will always be a difficult one. But no matter how hard it may be...

Literally just called "The Kid."

I'm still confused how the gently caress did Yukimura travel across the continent and Hoshido didn't instantly fall. Puppets aren't THAT strong.

Double sadness.

Asugi had battles?

Who are these Generations

Only 19 battles? Huh.

Again with the scholars and generations

When the hell did Shura get 31 battles???

That's a big leap now in terms of battles.

This sounds like a disaster of a future.

"Angry ninja"

Remember when Rinkah was benched forever

"Wild card," you wish you had that title, Takumi

That's the most generic of generic marriage summaries ever.

FIRE EMBLEM FATES: BIRTHRIGHT