Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I forgot a couple Takumi battle conversations so here you go.

Corrine vs. Takumi

Any last words, Corrine?
Takumi... In your heart you must know this is the last thing I ever wanted.
Ah, how quaint. More pretty words from the Princess of Betrayal. How can you stand to live after the horrors you caused in Hoshido? My suspicions must be accurate. Nohrians don't have souls.
Words could never express my sorrow for what took place...
Oh? Are you still human enough to feel remorse? Fascinating. It's a fitting last emotion.
I hope you feel its sting as I strike you down!

Azura vs. Takumi

Azura?! Last I heard, you were taken by Hoshidan soldiers. Ryoma worried himself sick planning your rescue.
I told him it was pointless. And you proved me right, you Nohrian traitor. You should be ashamed.
I could not return to Hoshido, Takumi. Not with things as they are. It saddened me deeply to leave behind those who treated me so kindly.
You sound just like the royal traitor. I always knew this would happen. That's why I never trusted you. Didn't you always wonder? Had I known your betrayal would come so swiftly, I'd have killed you myself.
Still, I should have pressed Ryoma harder to banish you years ago.
Your grudge is clearly beyond words. Let us do what we came here to do.

We can't push forward with so many of our troops injured. This can't be happening...

Did we seriously not kill a single soldier again

Please listen to reason, Takumi. You've lost this battle. Do your soldiers a favor and order them to retreat from this port immediately. You may all keep your lives and your dignity if you leave now.
Humph! How very generous of you, dear sister. But I know better. The savage Nohrian army knows nothing of mercy.
Perhaps you should take this as a lesson not to judge all Nohrians on face value. I spoke the truth. My soldiers do not harm those who do not seek to harm us.

Your words mean nothing in light of all the innocent Hoshidan lives you took. Including that of our dear mother, or have you forgotten your part in her murder? Yet after all that, you still have the gall to claim you aren't a savage. Pathetic.
My, what a rude little boy you are. I should beat some manners into you. Take back what you just said, or that's exactly what I'll do...
No, Camilla. He is entitled to his anger. I am at least partly to blame for the tragedies that took place that day.
That's right! If you hadn't come back into our lives, Hoshido would still be at peace. Mother... all those innocent townspeople... they would still be alive. They wouldn't have...

Takumi! What's wrong?!
M-my head... the pain is... ARGHHH!

Oh right. Since Corrine for some reason re-joined Nohr, Azura can't dispel whatever dark curse afflicted Takumi in Birthright.

Takumi!

*Corrine tries to approach him*

K-keep your filthy Nohrian hands off of me!
Takumi... please, let me help!
Don't think this means you've won. This is only the beginning! Ryoma has already found the Rainbow Sage and received his power. You're no match for him now, even with the whole vile Nohrian army behind you!

The Rainbow Sage is the most hilarious power-up goal when you know what it actually is.

And I'm getting stronger, too! Soon I'll be unstoppable. One day you'll beg me for death, and I will happily grant you. Until then, I leave you with your guilt.

*Takumi retreats*

Let him go, Corrine. He's clearly got issues.
And not to brag, but Xandar received the Rainbow Sage's power ages ago. If we stick together, there's no way we'll lose to the Hoshidan army.
I hope you're right...
Erm, sorry to interrupt, but it looks like the ferries are up and running again. Let's get out of this dump and head to Notre Sagesse.
I'll even tell you a fun story I made up about two caterpillars on a little leaf boat.
Thanks, Elise. You've got yourself a deal.
In any case, I need to put this all behind me and focus on the task at hand. If what Father said is true, we'll be facing Hoshidan forces in Notre Sagesse as well.

Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get going!

Class and character overview

Wyvern RIder

Pair-up Bonus: +3 STR/DEF
Weapon rank: Axes (B)

Skills: (lvl 1) Strength +2
(lvl 10) Lunge-Select the “Lunge” command to swap places with an enemy after an attack

Flying axes are very useful, especially ones that focus on doing big strikes thanks to Strength+2. Lunge is one of those skills that is far more annoying for the enemy to have than you, because they usually involve enemies chaining Lunge into Lunge into a hard-hitting mob. The skill is mostly there for removing non-bosses from throne-esque terrain, and occasionally switching sides of a wall.

Mercenary

Pair-up Bonus: +2 SKL, +3 SPD, +1 DEF
Weapon rank: Swords (B)

Skills: (lvl 1) Good Fortune-Luck% chance of recovering 20% HP at the start of the user’s Turn
(lvl 10) Strong Riposte-When enemy triggers the battle, damage +3

Mercenaries got hit with the nerf bat a bit in terms of skills. What was once a shining exploiter of weapon durability in Awakening, they are now gimmicky counter-attackers with iffy healing. Just rely on their stats and ignore the rest.

Malig Knight

Pair-up Bonus: +2 MAG/DEF/RES, +1 MOV
Weapon rank: Axes (A), Tomes (B)

Skills: (lvl 5) Savage Blow-When user triggers the battle, enemies within a 2 tile radius have their HP reduced by 20% after the battle
(lvl 15) Trample-Unless enemy is on a mount, damage +5

While we've seen Wyvern Lord be an offensive powerhouse on its own while being a great support unit, the Malig Knight is all about offense and hurting you at your weakest. Savage Blow is a super Poison Strike if anything lives, and Trample is a general -Faire for most of the units in the game.

Beruka

Class sets: Starts as Wyvern Rider, Fighter
PSkill: Opportunist-When user triggers the battle, if the enemy cannot counter-attack, damage +4

Growth Rates
HP: 55
STR: 45
MAG: 15
SKL: 65
SPD: 40
LCK: 50
DEF: 60
RES: 25

Beruka is a better Rinkah. While she doesn't have Rinkah's powerful PSkill, Opportunist is still good for a lot of situations involving Archers, healers, and Javalin-tier attackers. Beruka trades in speed for more reliable HP growth, which fits more in line with what Wyvern Riders are.

Selena

Class sets: Starts as Mercenary, Sky Knight
PSkill: Fierce Rival-When user is the support unit, if the lead unit triggers a critical hit, the user is guaranteed a critical hit (if their attack connects)

Growth Rates
HP: 50
STR: 45
MAG: 5
SKL: 45
SPD: 60
LCK: 35
DEF: 55
RES: 35

Selena is above average in most stats, with speed and surprisingly defense as her standout attributes. She's unique in being the only Conquest-oonly character that has Sky Knight. Her PSkill is gimmicky, which means Selena as a mercenary is just a stat stick that has good growths.

Camilla

Class sets: Starts as Wyvern Rider, Dark Mage
PSkill: Rose’s Thorn-Adjacent allies deal 3 extra damage and receive 1 less damage

Growth Rates
HP: 40
STR: 65
MAG: 40
SKL: 60
SPD: 60
LCK: 25
DEF: 45
RES: 60

Camilla is one of the best characters for many reasons. Joins really quickly, has excellent bases, one of the best PSkills in the entire game, and great growths overall. Savage Blow works great for Camilla, since she can start off a turn to weaken everyone, then buff the next attackers with her PSkill to make skirmishes quick.

Tae fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 25, 2017