Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Fight Fire With Fire: 09/16/2030, 06:26

Jun followed through with her plans, first by enrolling in firefighting school. She graduated at the top of her class, above all the boys who were there. She probably had the talent for it to begin with. But becoming a member of Sirius was far more difficult than becoming a firefighter. As a result, Kazami, who had overcome many obstacles to become a rescue worker, was like an idol for the female firefighters of the Rokumei City Fire Department.

(So what if I'm a shrimp!? What matters is effort, guts, and spirit!)

She kept training every day to compensate for her small body. Her peers were astounded by how she worked herself to the bone. By the time she could bench press 90 kg, do 250 pushups, and run 1500 m in five minutes-- No more obstacles remained in her path. And thus the second female rescue worker in the Rokumei City Fire Department's history was born.

She then easily completed several dispatches, waiting for the opportunity to truly shine.

--September 16, early morning. Just when Jun's night shift was nearing its end--

♪ BGM: Looming Crisis

''Explosions of unknown origin have occurred in the 6th Laboratory of Atomic and Biological Organization.'' And with that ominous report-- The curtain rose on the longest day of Jun's life.

They received their orders from their commander, and LABO's staff provided them with AD and Procyons. The group was split into two teams before they entered the facility-- Team A and Team B.

Countless people are trapped in this lab as we speak! And due to the nature of this facility, this will be no ordinary dispatch. We don't know what will happen here, nor what unforeseen circumstances await us.
... (Unforeseen circumstances...!)

Radiation exposure, radiation damage, and death-- those phrases all clouded her head. This was the first ''N disaster'' that Jun-- no, that the whole Rokumei City Fire Department-- had encountered. There was a possibility that a meltdown actually would happen.

(But I can't wuss out...! I have to protect Sis! C'mon, put some spirit into it, Jun!)

New orders from the commander and a map of floors 1 and 2 were sent to Jun just as she finished steeling her resolve.

...According to what the Commander has been able to learn so far, all the researchers in the basement have already evacuated. The only ones still trapped are on the surface floors. That's where we will conduct rescue efforts.
Yes sir!
Form two-man cells! Tachibana, you're with Moribe! Dojima, you're with Hiyama! Make sure to keep in constant contact with Team B! Don't forget this! All right, get to work, people!
Sir, yes sir!

Jun ran off with Kazami. They were equipped with the minimum gear necessary-- air tanks, a rope, and an engine cutter. --The search of the surface floors went smoothly. There were no signs of fire on floors 1 and 2, so the evacuation of the survivors was smoothly completed.

That means we're all done with our search territory, right!?
Yes. Let's head back to the command post.
Roger!

So they planned to go back to the command post to Check if they were all right... but then Kazami suddenly came to a halt.

...!?
What's wrong, Lieutenant?
I thought I just heard someone's voice...

Kazami looked down the stairs. It went down to the basement floors.

(But didn't they say they already finished evacuating the basement?)

Just as she thought that-- Kazami gasped.

Ah!

Jun then heard a voice coming from the basement.

???: Hey, you! Over here, over here!
(!?)

For a moment, Jun couldn't help but feel she'd heard that voice somewhere before. They then heard footsteps running off somewhere.

♪ BGM: Close to the Truth

Wh-what was that!?
I don't know! It appears to have come from the basement...!
Huh!?

That was odd. There wasn't supposed to be anyone down there according to the commander.

(Did some people go down to the basement after the fire broke out!? Why!? Why would they do that!? To get some top-secret data or something!?)

She didn't know why they would go down after the fire or why they would run away from them. But one thing was absolutely clear--

Moribe! There are still people in the basement!
Khh... l-let's go, Lieutenant!

Though neither of them had a clue what was going on, they both headed down to the basement.

No one's here!? Why!?
Let's look for them! They couldn't have gotten far!

Jun and Kazami ran through Area 2, looking for the survivors. --But they were nowhere to be seen. They tried looking in Area 1 too, but no one was there.

♪ BGM: Approaching Death

Lieutenant, there's another fire here!
Wait, Moribe! It's too much for you to handle by yourself!
But we've gotta put out this fire first or we're in trouble!

Jun took a fire hose and stood before the hallway--

Jun, look out!

--Kazami saved Jun in the nick of time. But their protection suits were damaged in the process, rendering them unusable. Despite that setback, they just removed the suits and continued the search as they fought fires. All while fearing the meltdown that could happen any moment.

Yes!

Jun and Kazami then returned to Area 2-- just as an ominous siren suddenly bellowed.

Wh-what's happening!?

The loud alarm was accompanied by an automatic PA announcement.

Automatic PA: --A 'Case N' has just been detected. In accordance with this emergency, security has shifted to Blockade Mode. Looking down all gates and bulkheads. All facility personnel, please administer AD, take shelter in the nearest room, and stay in place.

Jun looked at the connecting passageway in shock.

--It can't be!

Kazami ran up to the gate and tried opening it. But no matter how much she tried to use the opening mechanism or how much strength she used, the gate wouldn't budge.

This is horrible...!
Wh-what's going on!?
I do not know why, but it appears 'Evacuation Mode' has ended... All of the gates that were open up until this point are now locked.
Th-then that means...!
Yes. It seems we have been trapped inside this block...!

Jun started shuddering at Kazami's statement.

T-trapped...!? Wh-what are we gonna do!?
What, you ask? We only have one choice. We continue with the search. There's a high probability that the survivors have also been trapped.
...!
Once we've concluded the search, we shall secure an escape route. Actually, wait, we have to find a security card before we can do that. There is much we have to do. We do not have time to be standing around.
I-I know, but... How can you be so calm...!? Don't you realize we're stuck in the basement of a nuclear research facility without protection suits!?
I am calm precisely because panicking will not change our situation for the better. You must keep a cool head in any situation to accomplish all necessary tasks at hand. Also... you'd get scared if I panicked, right?
--

Jun gasped at how simply Kazami had seen through her. The lieutenant then continued in a teasing voice.

It's because you are still a greenhorn. The team would fall apart if I were unable to uphold my dignity as a veteran.
H-hey! Don't treat me like a kid! I'm not scared at all!
Are you sure about that?
Hell yes I am. I'm a member of Sirius too, y'know!

Kazami smiled at Jun's words.

...Good, keep up that attitude and you'll be fine. Well, if anything -were- to happen, I'd protect you, so don't worry.
...That's my line! So let's work together, rescue the survivors... then find a way out for sure, okay?

Jun and Kazami exchanged a firm handshake. They then walked off with strength in their step. --Jun and Kazami found two Level 2 security cards after that. They used those to search for an escape route and survivors as they put out the fires in the facility. But they weren't able to find either. And just as they were about to finish searching Areas 2 and 1--

Is that the Captain!?

They found Watase lying in a hallway in Area 1. The three rescue workers then began their long and arduous battle through the facility...

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

A floral scent suddenly wafted in from somewhere.

(The floral scent...! The memories after this point were tampered with!)
{Ms. Jun should go back to normal if you repair those memories!}
(Yeah!)

Natsuhiko agreed, resuming memory access. His search criterion was-- ''floral-scented memories''.