Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Rapunzel: 09/01/2027, 10:00

The sights she saw spread before Natsuhiko's field of view. Salyu sat in front of a piano, thinking to herself. ''My entire world lies within this estate''-- Eventually, Salyu's tutor entered her room.

♪ BGM: Individualist / Theme of Louise

Tutor: Louise, it's time for practice.
What are we playing today?

The tutor answered by giving Salyu her lesson plan for the day.

Tutor: A new song today: Ravel's 'Gaspard de la nuit'. Play it with feeling. With emotion.

Salyu nodded and began to play the song. Her pale fingers wove smoothly over the ivory keyboard. But though her hands reproduced the beauty of the emotional melodies, her heart felt nothing. --Salyu was born and raised inside this estate. For some reason, her parents would not let her leave the grounds. Naturally, that meant she did not go to school. Instead, she was surrounded by the company of tutors of all sorts, and received training in just about every field imaginable. And, perhaps as a result of the tutors' excellence or perhaps the brilliance of Salyu's all-encompassing talent... Salyu had barely reached the age of 10 when she had gained a pool of knowledge both deep and wide.

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

Natsuhiko thought to himself as he watched that memory. The sight before him agreed with what Salyu had told him of her past a few days ago. But at that moment, Yuuri's voice echoed in his head.

{That's not it, Hikorin...! This memory is a fake. A false memory I created.}
(... I knew it.)

Yuuri had already told him that she had falsified Salyu's memory.

(But why would you do this...?)
{... Because there was no other way to save her.}
(... What's that supposed to mean?)
{Let me restore the memory to how it was before I falsified it. Salyu's real memory--}

the sight before them faded like mist.

(... What is this...!?)

Yuuri continued as Natsuhiko recoiled in bewilderment.

{This poor girl has been shouldering a fate even more cruel than mine... So please, support her.}