Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Time to upgrade the staff shop. Physic staves are now available, as well as another Freeze staff. Also buyable for the first time are an Enfeeble and Entrap stave.

And despite Felicia's discount, I'm down to 5690 gold without buying any Master Seals. Money is so drat tight.

"I'll write a vague description of the set-up of the mission!"

"Okay, I'll write DEN OF BETRAYAL cause that's what happens!"

"....."

Not enough Hoshido landscape battles in Birthright. It's very odd that a route to "change from within" gets to do more traveling to various locations than Birthright. For a country with literally no sunlight and their people literally living in the sewers, Nohr has some beefy resources.

Welcome, Lady Corrine! We have been waiting for you.
You have?
Certainly. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Kotaro, the daimyo of Mokushu.

I remember you and your map.

Milady? Is something amiss?
Pardon me, I was just reflecting on our journey here. It was quite eventful. Mokushu lies within Hoshido's territory does it not? Are your certain your people are prepared to ally with Nohr?
Without a doubt, milady. Our people have long been on good terms with Nohr. We always knew we would side with your kingdom when war inevitably broke out.
I see. Thank you for your loyalty.
Sorry to rush you after such a long journey, but I'd like to show you something. It's the path you'll be using to sneak into Hoshido. This way, milady.

Oh right, this is an infiltration group. So we're not sometimes an army with thousands of troops like Birthright flip flopped on.

Thank you, Kotaro. We appreciate all the help we can get.
No problem at all. I would normally invite you back to my castle to rest... But I'm sure you must be in a hurry. Do let me know if there's anything else I can do.
The sentiment is appreciated, but you've already done your fair share.

Calm yourself, man! You're in the presence of Lady Corrine. Show some respect.
M-my apologies, sir. But please, I must have your attention! Hoshidan ninja have marched into Mokushu, milord! Our forces are fighting them even now in the forest cave. It's not going well...
Hoshidan ninja?! Dammit, why now?

If I'm assuming correctly, Kagero is still trapped within Mokushu since Corrine isn't there to rescue her.

Please, you must send reinforcements right away!
Bah! Very well. I'll figure something out. You are dismissed.

That's a strange thing to ask about people who are willing to betray their neighbors right now.

It has been this way ever since the war escalated. Since then, Hoshidan forces have tries to enter our land with increasing frequency. Though we defend our territory, we have never instigated an attack on Hoshido. These attacks are unprovoked, but there's little we can do to stop them.
I thought Hoshido valued peace... Are they punishing you for your loyalty to Nohr?

In fact...our reserves are nearly depleted at this point.
Lady Corrine...it pains me dearly to ask a favor of you at a time like this. But for my people, I must. If there's any way you could lend us a hand...
So be it. After all, your people are suffering because of their allegiance to Nohr. As such, the Nohrian army shall aid your cause. Let's go, before it's too late.
Thank you, milady! The people of Mokushu are forever in your debt!

*Much time passes as the group fights off the ninjas*

*Azura and Kaze arrive*

You cleared the what now? YOU?

*Camilla, Leo, and Elise appear*

Camilla and Leo really showed them what's what, heehee!
Good work everyone. We've basically been doing all the fighting so far...
Is Mokushu really this short on soldiers? Perhaps we should ask Father to send them some guards...
Lady Corrine, look out!
Huh?!

*A red ninja appears*

What kind of a coward would take aim at Lady Corrine when she isn't looking?
What?! It can't be...

Hello, Brother.
The fates are cruel, are they not? But I do not wish to battle my twin again.
Agreed. It pains me to stand opposite you in battle, Brother.
...Move along, Kaze. For both of our sakes. My business is with the daimyo, not you.

Oh, I guess he didn't get the memo that we've been killing his guys.

Really, Kaze?

You don't know what you're saying Kaze! Siding with Nohr is bad enough... But to protect that devil, Kotaro?! I won't allow it!
Why? Has he wronged you somehow?
Fool! That man...that monster...he killed our father!

Kagero, did you seriously get caught again? Is your destiny just to get caught by Mokoshu by all routes or something?

Do you really intend to align yourself with such a dishonorable and despicable man?!
He did what?! Kagero...

*Kotaro appears*

Nicely done, Lady Corrine. You are as skilled as the rumors imply.
Kotaro... We need to talk.
Oh no, please don't let me interrupt. Kill him so we can end this battle.
Silence, Kotaro. I need to ask you something.

I wish she was a little less blunt because she ain't getting a straight answer like that.

What?! Of course not, milady! That man is telling stories.
My word is my honor, you coward! I swear, I will kill you myself before the day is done!
Calm yourself, Brother.

She should've started with something like that.

My jail cells? Do you not trust me, milady?
If you have done nothing wrong, my request shouldn't be a problem. As an ally of Nohr, I demand you prove the integrity of your word.
Lady Corrine! ...
Hmph. You know, for a mutt, you sure are full of yourself.
Kotaro!

A true Nohrian princess would praise me for being so cunning, not threaten me. This is war! Lying and using people is par for the course!

I mean, he's not wrong. Garon would love Kotaro.

You're wrong, Kotaro. That is not how we do things any longer.
Is that so? Tell it to King Garon, you filthy mutt. When Nohr prevails, he has promised me a huge piece of land to expand my kingdom. No one will get in the way of Mokushu's future glory—not even a Nohrian princess!

Still, I won't allow this to go any further. I refuse to accept your methods. I shall correct your behavior now and forever, by force if necessary.
P-Prince Xander?! No! I won't let this happen...

*Enemy reinforcements appear*

Mokushujin soldiers?!
We came to your aid because you said you were low on troops. So that was a lie too?

The liar lied. How are you still new to this.

We'll tell King Garon his darling children died fighting the Hoshidans, heh heh. If you had just kept your mouths shut, you could have lived. Such a shame. Instead you will all be sacrifices on the altar of my grand ambition!
Everyone! Prepare for battle!

Lots of caltraps, lots of ninjas. Same ole Mokoshu. One relief is that I have a pretty sizable deployment team again.

Stats: https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=147527

Bench 3: http://www.strawpoll.me/12925964

Implementing the perma-spot clause. Least voted character stays on forever.

Tae fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 9, 2017