Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Heart and pain: 09/16/2030, 17:25

Watase carried Jun as he headed for the control room with Ena.

...You sure she isn't heavy, Captain Kasasagi?
Yeah, no problems...

Though if he were to be honest, his body was so exhausted that it was taking genuine effort to carry her. His leg was also still in pain from being kicked by Salyu, but he did his best to endure it.

(I deserve at least this much pain, anyway...)

Just when Watase thought that, he heard Jun groaning behind him.

...Mmm...

The sound of Watase's and Ena's voices seemed to have woken her.

...You awake?
C-Captain...? ...Wait, you're carrying me?
Yeah. Had to after you lost consciousness back there.
I... see.
We're meeting up with the others in the control room now. We'll be there soon, so I'll keep on carrying you the rest of the way.
... ...Okay, sure.

Jun hesitated for a moment, but decided to go along with what he said. --The three of them continued traveling for a while in silence. Jun eventually broke the ice.

♪ BGM: Words of Healing

...I just had a dream.
You dreamt? You mean when you were passed out?
Well, I dunno, really... Maybe it was a little earlier than that.

Jun said that uncertainly. Watase was still curious, but he decided to ask a different question.

...What was the dream about?
It was from when I was a kid...

Watase gasped when he heard that.

Wait, you mean...
Hey, Captain... now I finally figured it out.

Don't you remember? You carried me out of that room and got me to safety...

Watase silently nodded in response to Jun's whispers.

...Why didn't you say anything?
How could I? I'm no longer the hero you think I am.
...That's not true.

Jun then spoke to Watase as if to break herself free of her sorrow.

You worked your hardest to save everyone's lives, didn't you? You're still the hero I admired even now.

Watase couldn't nod to that declaration.

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

(A hero...? -Me-...?)

Jun had no idea of what was to come. That Watase planned on going back to Q with Yuuri in tow once they got out of there.

(If I don't, I...!)

Watase didn't speak any further. Nor did Jun or Ena. In the end, the silence between them all remained unbroken-- And they made their way out of the connecting passageway.