Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

RAM / Random Access Memory: 09/16/2030, 19:16

So, now it's time for the final part of the game, the Xtend Episode.

Upon starting the Xtend Episode, we're greeted by another bible quote, and are given an intro chapter to bring us into the episode.

♪ BGM: Convergence

They sank down into their seats in the helicopter. Each of their faces expressed both the relief of having survived and the joy that the others survived as well.

Yeah... getting out of there alive really was a bit of a gamble, wasn't it?
In any case, thanks, Mashiro. Good job catching my telepathy and coming to pick us up.
Well of course I caught it. I waited for like forever for it to come. But Salyu's the real MVP here, you know? She instructed the pilot to keep the chopper on standby in the air so that we wouldn't leave your telepathy range.
I was anxious because I was unsure of the range. But I'm glad it reached. When we saw you guys from up above... I cried a little.
Hahah... Salyu, you've sure become a bit of a crybaby, haven't you?
Shut up, Natsuhiko.

Salyu reached out her hand and softly slapped Natsuhiko on the cheeks. Yuuri and Mashiro smiled quietly as they watched. As that was going on, the adults talked amongst themselves as well.

Yes...

Kazami was sitting near Nagisa's body when she answered.

...This girl told me that as long as I remember her, she'd always be with me. That I can always see her again as long as I remember... So I should be able to bear this sadness. Now that I've been able to see her again one last time... I think that's my one solace...

Kazami said no more. Jun softly grasped her hand beside her.

Sis... let's hold a proper service for Nagisa, together...
...Yes, we should...

Kazami responded as she wiped the tears away from the corners of her eyes. Watase quietly wrapped his arm around her shoulders. And that's when Ena finally broke her silence with an anxious tone in her voice.

...So, Captain Kasasagi, Mr. Ukita... What are you two going to do now?
...Turn ourselves in, obviously.
Indeed... We should let our crimes be judged by the public.
So once we get to the ESP Bureau, arrest the old man and me.
I see... Understood. We at the ESP Bureau have the right to arrest... so I'll deliver you to the court personally.
Yeah, that's fine.

Watase then looked to the kids. He spoke in a low voice to Natsuhiko, who was leaning against the helicopter seat.

...Hey, Natsuhiko.
...Hmm?
I plan to spend all my days after this atoning for my crimes.
Me too. We went down the wrong route... and we need to admit that, or else nothing will change.
...Even if my sentence ends before my days are up, I'll keep atoning after I'm released. Our crimes will never fade. But regardless, the reason I chose to atone... is all thanks to you. Thanks, Natsuhiko.
Hahah... You don't have to thank me for that. I was just thinking that you of all people would want to make amends... So I... ...

...Natsuhiko cut off there. His sudden silence prompted Yuuri to peer into his face.

...Hikorin?
...Did he fall asleep? Guess he must be worn out...
It's only natural, isn't it...? That boy wore down his own mind fighting to save us.
That's right... You did good, Natsuhiko.
When I first met him, I thought he was kind of a wimp. But he really is a sturdy boy, huh?
...As a fellow man, I salute you. I can no longer treat you like a child.
But still, he looks so calm and cute when he's asleep... I wonder what kind of dream he's having.
I don't know, but we should let him sleep in peace. Natsuhiko didn't just wear down his mind. His body's all worn out too.
That's true... Rest well, Hikorin.

--And with those words, silence filled the helicopter. Soon enough, sleeping breaths could be heard here and there throughout the cabin. The nine survivors finally fell into peaceful sleep...

My information energy is gradually dissipating. I can still observe, but intervention is becoming impossible. This will most likely be my last opportunity to come in contact with their feelings and desires. Which is why now is the time-- --to go through their memories once more. Doing so probably won't change anything, but it should help me gain a better understanding of them. As soon as I think that, my BC particles affect their brains-- And the fragments of the nine survivors' memories quietly float before me.

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 3

And thus, we are dropped into the Xtend Episode menu, from which we can select the chapters we want to view. Selecting ''???'' will replay the chapter we just saw.

Selecting one of our main characters drops us into a RAM menu, where we can select different chapters. Now, some of these are retreads of chapters we saw during the regular game, as evidenced here with ''Defragment'', which we saw when going through Ukita's memories during Route Double. In going through the Xtend Episode, I will only make a short reference to the chapters we'll be skipping as duplicates, as you've already seen these, and we're here for the new poo poo.

Now, the chapters marked with the key icon are special. These have Senses inputs, and we need to find the correct input to unlock further scenes. In this part, Answer Mode is already unlocked, so it should be impossible not to get the right answer within two tries. At the end of one of the unlocked chapters for each character, we then unlock a Tip about the character as a summary of their personality.

We're going to be going through the characters in Enneagram order (which is also how they're ordered in the menu), with one exception. We will be doing Natsuhiko last, because his single unlockable scene is meant to be a closing scene for the entire game, so it only makes sense to go into it last. So with that, next time, we'll start with Ukita.