Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Garon, or whatever that thing was, is dead. And bubbling up like Azura did in Birthright.

Yeah, apparently the chair neutralized the dragon part of his form.

...Rest in peace, Father.
Xander... We did the right thing. I know in my heart this was the only way to save him.

How bad do you have to be at writing to try and attempt pity for someone that literally put a continent into death and destruction even among his own people. Not to mention kidnapped someone right after ambushing and killing her father.

There's naive characters in fiction but man oh man.

Quickly, let's free the remaining Hoshidan soldiers and release the prisoners—

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzN2kiSXmFQ

It's Takumi. The least surprising reveal since they mentioned his missing body like a billion times in three chapters.

Really, no capital B in betrayal? I'm disappointed.

Hmm, that looks hard to aim like that.

But...what happened to you?
The pain of betrayal... Yours and mine... It burns... BURNS!! I must... I WILL...kill you... KILL YOU...
Takumi, snap out of it! Please...

So...can they actually see the purple fire around his body?

Wow you missed all of them.

Takumi, stop this! The war is over! King Garon has been defeated!! Please, Brother! There's no reason to fight each other anymore!
War...betrayal...death...murder... That is all there is... I will not...be swayed... War...betrayal...death...

Corrine, wait! I'm afraid he can't be reasoned with. You're not going to want to hear this, but...
I believe he is possessed by something, just as King Garon was.
No! Please, it can't be so...

Shadow Takumi is the final boss??

Takumi is...no longer with us. I'm afraid it's too late to save him. I'm guessing when he threw himself off the Great Wall of Suzanoh he was already—
No! I can't accept that!! Are you saying I must now defeat my own brother? Killing my father wasn't enough?!

...You are a goddamn hypocrite in a route full of hypocrites.

GARON IS NOT YOUR FATHER. He has not in any way done anything a sane person would be considered as fatherly.

Second, you EGGED your siblings to kill their own actual biological dad without hesitation.

Third, you're feeling this for someone that you've known for maybe a few days?

Quite amazing.

*sigh*
Yes, that is what I am saying. I'm so sorry...
This can't be happening...

Boy, if he's mad now, wait till he hears the actual reason why Corrine conquered all of Hoshido.

You destroyed...my kingdom...my family... If you die...I can rest... If you die...the pain... The pain will stop...if I kill you!!
Takumi!! Please, my brother. Please don't cry...
We have to fight him, Corrine. His mind is...not well. The monster has latched on to his regrets, to his resentment and bitterness. His heart and mind have been pushed past the point of no return.
We have to stop him before more innocent lives are lost.

Also another bad and direct result of joining Conquest is Azura not being able to sing off the curse. The same thing that Takumi had way back in chapter 10 of Birthright.

Wait! Don't move.
Corrine?

Oh, finally something that I agree with.

I am to blame for much of the heartache in his life... I chose this path. I do not regret it...but I must take responsibility for it. There's only one way to do that...

What.

No.

Y-you don't intend to—

Wait, Corrine! It's too dangerous! Please! Come back!!
Corrine... Betrayal... Death... Must...kill you...
Takumi... I know I've never been there for you like a sister should... I've caused you much suffering, and I couldn't save you at the Great Wall...

"I will not die here." That is what she is saying.

I won't let you kill me, but the very least I can do...
Is accept all of your anger.
Death! Murder! BETRAYAL!! I will kill you, Corrine! I...WILL...KILL YOU!!

"I won't die, but kill me."

WHO WROTE THIS

DIIIIIEEEE!!

WHAT DID YOU THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN

"Hey Corrine, this thing that was making Garon a goo king is now in Takumi. And you know how that turned out."

"I'mma let it shoot me, then"

NOOOOO!! Corrine?! Corrine!!
How could one arrow be so powerful?!

Oh by the way, the Yato shattered because it's mandatory.

After all I've...been through... That's not enough...to stop me... Ryoma is...counting on me...
Takumi! Th-that wasn't enough...was it? To quell your hatred of me... Hit me again...my brother... Do what you need...to do...

The corpse of a previous boss is the final boss of the game. Not the murder king that you spent nearly the entire game dealing with in some fashion, which needed a stupid chair plan that basically destroyed all of Hoshido for.

FIRE EMBLEM FATES: CONQUEST