Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

How do you repeat the exact same storyline three times and never attempt to make the Saizo storyline more in the spotlight? Baffling.

They must not be too bright. What kind of fool walks right into an obvious trap? You'd never fall for that—right, Kagero? Being a retainer to Prince Ryoma and all.

Why have you taken me prisoner—Mokushu is allied with Hoshido!
Ha, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I've decided to ally with King Garon. I've been waiting for this for a long time, honestly. Once Hoshido has been defeated, Mokushu will rise up to replace it.
I'll finally become a true king!

Like maybe have Garon backstab him via Iago or something to change things up. Or NOT have Kagero kidnapped again.

You've lost your mind.
Ouch, no need to be so insulting. Right now it's more prudent to keep you alive... But that could change at any time!
You! Take her away!
Yes, sir!

Like, they're clearly willing to sweep the Takumi possession thing under the rug. You know, that HUGE major story beat in both Birthright and Conquest? But noooooooo, Kagero has to be kidnapped again. Way too important for Revelations.

I never realized, though, how much it would hurt to have failed Lord Ryoma. If only I had delivered his message...

*Meanwhile*

Yeah... This looks like the area our scout described. However, we've gone so deep into the woods that I can't be sure...
We can't just stand here doing nothing. Let's search the area.
This forest is amazing... I can almost taste the bitter animosity in it. Please let me handle anyone who stumbles upon us. The acoustics here will make their last words all the more beautiful to hear...
Don't lose focus, Reina. We can't afford to die here. Don't worry, Kagero. We're coming.

Yes. He seems to be engaging the same enemies we are. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend..." That's how the saying goes, isn't it? Talk to Saizo; he may be more willing to join us now than he was before.

That's why it's called Mutual Enemies. Which is...ugh, such a waste of something you can use that's NOT against obviously-evil third party.

Takumi still wrecks this map, but now the spikes are slightly changed from Birthright. They appear whenever you enter its zone, and a Dragon Vein appears to turn them off.

The main problem is that turning them off with a vein does not stop them from re-activating them. So basically, ignore using the vein because the tedium isn't worth it.

Saizo, why did you never become a fire bomb of destruction at any point in Conquest

Corrine? What are you doing here?!
We came to help you. That was your smoke signal we saw, right?
It was, but... That wasn't a distress signal!
Yes, I know. Kaze told us it was meant as a warning. But there is no way I'd just abandon you to the enemy. To me, you're a valuable ally.
You'd knowingly risk yourself just to help us? Hrmph.

This is funny considering Zola did just that back in Birthright.

Lady Sakura must have been right about your motivations. Let us fight together.
I won't let you down, Saizo. Thank you for joining us!
There is no time to waste.

Do you remember when we fought Kagero in Conquest mid-game and she STILL got captured a few chapters later? Like someone really loved this plotline.

She was supposed to locate Lord Ryoma and return to us. We have to save here.
We'll do everything we can to help.
Thank you. I'll let my allies know that we will be fighting together.

So if you don't mind, that's about it for this chapter. Nothing has changed aside from the bamboo mechanic a tiny bit from the Birthright version.

You have Kotaro just sitting there, the one treasure chest, etc.

And frankly, any Kotaro is easier than his nightmare Conquest version with a billion avoid, Flame Shuriken, and base tile bonuses.

For the last time, no you won't

Kotaro drops a Steel Shuriken and the treasure chest was a Master Seal.

Kagero is the worst ninja

I'm surprised there wasn't a bunch more gags about her getting kidnapped

I've found her, Corrine! Over here!

*Time passes as they enter the cave*

Last I had heard, you'd betrayed Lord Ryoma and fled the battlefield.
No, that was a misunderstanding. She hasn't betrayed anyone. If you need proof... Well, I'm traveling with her! So is Takumi!
I see, Lady Corrine, I ask for your forgiveness.
No, don't worry about it, Kagero. I'm just glad you're safe.

Because this is apparently more important than literally the most important thing in the two previous routes

Like, just have them with Ryoma when he joins. Have Kotaro already fighting with Nohrian forces. Anything.

Isn't it obvious? We came to save you.
Then I am indebted to all of you. The nature of my job requires that I be prepared to give my life every day. ...Thank you for making sure today wasn't that day.
Now I can pass along the message that Lord Ryoma gave me.
So you do know where our lord is.

Cheve always ends in tragedy somehow.

Cheve?!
Correct. The area is currently fighting against Nohrian forces. Apparently, the people could no longer take Nohrian oppression and have revolted.
It is Lord Ryoma's objective to befriend the rebels and use them to cross into Nohr.

It's really weird how most of Birthright was just one, long guerilla operation. Especially with how Conquest massively padded out reasons why it was 25 chapters.

We must locate him before anything happens.
Corrine, let's head to the port. We'll need a boat in order to reach Cheve.
All right. We'd better hurry. We're going to need Ryoma's help. I don't know why, but I think he may know about the dragon Archduke Izana spoke of.

Unit update:

Well, good news is that Kagero join exactly the same as Birthright. That means her stats aren't randomly nerfed while being at a higher level.

The bad news is that they took her signature Sting Shuriken away for no reason. So that sucks.