Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Hana and Hinata are instantly out, despite stacking the deck to have them on the team. Also, Jakob's back??

It's possible that activating them will allow us to manipulate the flames...

Despite the worry of flames coming down at the wrong time to let ambushes happen, the map isn't really that dangerous. The pattern changes slow enough that you have time to recover, and you have Ryoma to solve any mistakes.

Hinoka boasts a sky-high 28 resistance with the Guard Naginata, negating any damage from Sorcerers for this mission.

Setsuna and Ryoma are the only ones that are going to be part of Revelation's roster, so they're going to get the most action out of the group.

Beruka gets a chip level off her first battle, gaining everything but magic and speed. My hope is that at worst she's a flying tank that can hit very accurately. So basically axe Subaki.

The southern team will snake from the bottom and take out some enemies, while Ryoma's team will make way towards Hans. It's basically built for his group to bulldoze their way to end the map quickly.

Oh right, Setsuna does that.

It's so satisfying to finally have this broken character on my side again after so long.

Look at that! The flames changed! There must be a set interval for when they burst and fade.

The flames peter out and new ones fill different fault lines. Thankfully it's at the end of the enemy turn, so you can avoid disaster as long as you stay on the outer area of the map.

To put into context, 90% of my physical units can barely scratch these General's high defense. Even Shura struggles to do more than five damage a hit.

Jakob's reaching to a nice point where he can wield the Flame Shuriken as his main weapon and reach close to Birthright Felicia's terrifying power.

Setsuna is darting around to counter-kill a bunch of mages, gaining herself another level. At 13, she gets +STR/SKL/SPD/RES which might luck her into being decent. She's certainly not going to have trouble doubling unlike Takumi at the very least.

...Seriously, why do I bother? What is the point of Orochi? Even in Birthright, it is not hard at all for Hayato to be better than her in a couple levels.

Hans is surrounded by a bunch of Adventurers and Berserkers, while the southern forces have to go through a couple Generals.

14 speed at level 18 is uh...not good for her growths. It's somewhat helped by the Alpha Yato effectively giving +3 speed at least.

Saizo is taking the form of the lone ninja path that Laslow was, which is being really slow and honestly kind of weak. He's hitting the bad coin-flips on his strength and speed.

Enemy reinforcements do show up after a long enough while, but unlucky for them that they entered the Ryoma zone.

Beruka hunts down a Sorcerer that Hinoka baited and weakened, but got herself a terrible level as...punishment?

She got to rank C in axes, so at the very least she got access to Dual Club.

At this point, I might have to switch gears and make Corrine a dragon debuffer once she promotes to Nohrian Noble. A fragile, slow sword user isn't exactly a winning combination.

Hayato loves critting Generals. And he reaches level 20 for STR/MAG/SPD/DEF, ready for promotion.

...what is the upside. She has 9 speed.

The southern team is done for this mission, so now it's up to team Ryoma.

I'm having Hayato take up the Basara class, partly to show it off. Partly to ride his good HP growth and just make a really bulky, speedy spellcaster.

All you need to know is that he's got Astra in his bag of tricks now.

The only notable grunt drop is this Killer Bow, which will work nicely with Setsuna. That or she'll stick with forged Steel Yumi's, depending on how voting goes.

9 speed?? Okay, Axe Orochi.

Actually...I don't care if you're ready or not. The more of you I kill, the better the promotion I'll get as a reward. Earl Hans... No... Duke Hans... Yes, that has a nice ring to it.

No custom talk with Corrine, or Gunter, or anyone. He was evil, and that's about it. Him gettin more screen and plot time than half the royal siblings is terrible.

She can never gain skill again and still hit better than most of the characters.