Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

You're going to see Hana for a while, because half the party is overleveled and I'm still not done with Hoshidan kids.

The odds seem...against us.

*A unit flies next to Subaki*

Caeldori, you shouldn't be here!
I'm sorry. I don't mean to disobey you. But I had to jump at the opportunity!
Daughter...
I want to help! I really, really do! I'm tired of sitting home alone and waiting to be of some use. I'll never be as prefect as you are, Father. But I'd like to start trying to be!

Well, at least she's been...productive?

I won't disappoint you.
Caeldori, of course you won't. You seem like quite a wonder already!
All right. Stay and fight alongside me. Don't get overconfident though. This is your first battle, after all!
Yes, of course. I'll do my best, Father!

PSkill: Prodigy-At the start of the battle, if the enemy’s Strength or Magic (whichever is highest) is higher than Caeldori’s corresponding stat, damage +4

So Caeldori has low strength, but her PSkill raises it up pretty high in a lot of situations. In most cases, she will get the bonus against mages and enemies that don't trigger the PSkill aren't a threat to her.

The true "gimmick" of this map is that every single enemy save for one has a sword or is a mage. And Caeldori has high resistance while equipped with a Swordcatcher. It's basically designed for her to get a lot of EXP easily.

Caeldori's strength growth is kinda bad, but infinitely worse as a Kinshi Knight. Plus, I already have like three dedicated archers.

I would really like to say anything interesting about the mission, but it's just basic bait and feed to the lower levels. There's no reinforcements at all, it's basically just FEED Caeldori: the map.

Level up update

Setsuna

6-STR/SPD/LCK/DEF/RES
7-STR

Shiro

5-HP/STR/SKL/SPD/LCK

Caeldori

3-STR/SKL/SPD/DEF/RES
4-HP/SPD/DEF/RES

Hayato

6-HP/STR/MAG/SPD/LCK/DEF

Beruka

4-HP/LCk/DEF
5-HP/STR/SKL/SPD

(16 speed)

Corrine

9-HP/STR/MAG/SKL/SPD/DEF

Hisame

3-STR/LCK/DEF
4-HP/SKl/SPD

Niles

5-MAG/SPD/LCK/DEF/RES

If nothing else, this is proving that Beruka is taking how far horrific speed can take you. It's not like she's super strong either, she just flies and now has Rally Defense.

It was your very first battle!
Thanks! But you must have seen that I'm still falling short of your standard. Perfect as you are, that is.
Oh, what's this? You've torn your clothing, Father! I guess even paragons like you can have a bad day. I'll patch those right up. I'm sure I have a sewing needle among my other things.
How...prepared of you.
Yes. I try.

After visiting each and every one, I know that they're all going to be just fine. That us, if we can get them somewhere better for their recuperation. To that end, I've mobilized some of our troops to carry them out of here. I tried to think of what you'd do, basically. Did I catch everything?
Yep, more or less.
Well, I also sent a scout ahead to make sure the way is safe. It is. And, I'm sure I wasn't as thorough as you, Father, but I also...
(...Also?!)

For a reminder, Subaki's thing is that he's actually not perfect and is a super hard worker to keep up the image. Caeldori is the polar opposite, in being actually perfect and talented.

Hey, Father! Hello?
(Hmm. At this rate, Caeldori will soon be more perfect than I am!)
Father? Sorry if I'm boring you...
Huh? No, of course not dear.
I must train harder. I know, I know... Someday I'll be as brilliant in battle as you are, Father. I swear I won’t let you down.
I know you won't, Caeldori. Just don't push yourself too hard!

*A moment later*

So this is a very specific scene that's only available on Revelation and if Selena is the mother. For obvious reasons.

Goodness, Mother. You startled me. But don't you look impressive! As always. I don't know how you do it.
Hmm. Well, Caeldori, there's something I suppose I should tell you. When you were young, you looked so much like your father. But now... Time has its way with us.
What's that? How odd. Time has its—?

Yes. Of course. You've told me much about Grandmother. She was as perfect a knight as has ever been seen. I've always felt that you and Grandmother were so alike!
Actually, it's YOU that's like my mother. You're her spitting image.

Out of all the things in Fates, this might be the most awkward situation to create.

The way you carry yourself...every move, every word you say...
Really? I'd love to think that I'm a little like such a great woman. I'll have to work even harder to honor her memory.
Well, you're doing fine. But... But... Just don't mess up!
Yes! I swear I'll do my very best for you, Mother!
Ha ha! All right, all right... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to overreact.

Super awkward easter egg for Awakening fans.

Hmm? What, Mother? Are you being serious?
Um, well... Let's just forget I said anything, Daughter.

Unit Joined

Caeldori

Class sets: Starts as Sky Knight, Mercenary, Samurai
PSkill: Prodigy-At the start of the battle, if the enemy’s Strength or Magic (whichever is highest) is higher than Caeldori’s corresponding stat, damage +4

Growth Rates
HP: 47.5
STR: 42.5
MAG: 20
SKL: 42.5
SPD: 57.5
LCK: 57.5
DEF: 40
RES: 45

Not great growths outside of speed, despite her perfection personality. The price you pay for the elusive Cordelia connection. She makes a great Hero with sky high HP growth, but meh.

Heeee-yah! Hah! Hyah! Pchew! Pchoo pchoo pchoo! Blamm-o! Nyoom! Kshaw!

Maybe it skips a generation.