Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Congrats, Saizo. You win most missions in a row because you can't kill for crap. I think almost every kid two missions ago is way past your level now.

To the...west? Yes! On the other side of those mountains! Who could it be...?

But how? I've never shown her where the portal is on her side. It can't be her. But that's definitely her scent coming from the west!

I don't think not telling kids where the portals are has ever worked, considering they are just open all the time.

This Strategist sucks. This is why the silence Dragon Veins exist, to kill this guy. Once the Entrapper is dead, the rest is relatively easy.

Here's an rear end in a top hat move by this mission. While everyone is silenced, my characters are still silenced for another turn after this, while the enemies regain their magic. So basically I'm shut off from healing for two turns while they regain theirs as normal.

So basically don't bring a lot of mages to this map.

Beruka may be a lot of things like being super slow, but she is a strong chucker of axes at mage faces.

But she is super slow

Velouria shows up in the mission on the upper left after a few turns.

*sniff* Velouria? By all the hair in my ears! What are you doing here?
I was hunting for just the right gift for you when I caught your scent! Then I found the portal to your world! I can't believe I found you, my dear, daring, dashing Daddy!
I, uh... Those are a lot of Ds.

Oh. Are we? How about I lend a hand? Or a paw? I've been perfecting my hunting skills off in my Deeprealm.
I'm fiercer than the last time you saw me, Daddy.

Velouria comes with a Beaststone and a Beastrune, which lets her switch from defense to offense at a moment's notice. Not like she needs it with those stats, wowee.

Velo can just hang in that corner there, since the enemies nearby won't move from their spot. And thank goodness you can control her from start. I like her already.

Meanwhile, I have Saizo and Rhajat plugging up the starting fortress tiles since obvious reinforcements would come otherwise.

Killing the Entrapper means I can just retreat map and kill off the chasing Faceless, since they have a mix of Poison Strike and Seal Defense aka Dangerous In Packs.

There's still a couple Sorcerer reinforcements, but they're way in the West so it's not a big worry.

Once enough of the middle forces are eliminated, Velouria can enter the battle and easily solo that Dark Knight+two Adventurers.

Seriously, she's that strong. One-shots the DK, takes like 3 damage from the Adventurers with a Beaststone.

So the "Boss" unit of this map has an interesting idea on combat. Wary Fighter and Vantage sounds like a good idea, especially with Nosferatu.

...Why does he have Vengeance, a skill he literally can't use with Nosferatu.

He drops a Beastrune+ after dying.

Level ups

Ignatius-HP/SKL/SPD/LCK/DEF/RES

Saizo-HP/MAG/SKL/SPD/LCK/DEF

Siegbert-HP/STR

Hana-MAG/SKL/LCK

Sophie-HP/STR/SPD

Jakob-HP/STR/SKL/SPD/DEF

Saizo has 18 speed. Everyday, I apologize to Laslow for calling him slow.

That was fun. Thanks for arranging such a nice game, Daddy.
Um, that wasn't a game, Velouria. I'm not exactly happy to see you here. You could have been hurt.
Daddy, I can see your tail wagging. I know you're happy to see me!
Whuh? My tail's twitching, that's all.

If you've forgotten, Keaton is very much a guy that tries (badly) to hide his feelings.

Now, Velouria, I want you to scamper back to your Deeprealm. Off with you. I'm busy. You know the way out.
Grrrah!
Hrm? Watch your tone, Daughter.
No!
I mean, yes. I'll watch my tone. But I'm not going back. I'm joining your pack, Daddy.

I thought you said she was a lone wolf. Did you...lie, Keaton? Noooo way.

No way. Never. Go, now!
Huh, But, Daddy...I'm so confused. Your tail is wagging YES.
Whuh? Gaah!
Hey, I just remembered. Before I went through the portal, I found this for you. The perfect acorn!
Wow! That's the prettiest acorn I've ever laid eyes on. So glossy! It's like a pearl! From a tree!

Oh, wow! A bat? It's all shriveled. Its wings are ripped up. Did you chew on it?

"Nutty Family" indeed.

Er, am I?
Sure, why not? I guess I am! But as far as you coming with us...? Oh, all right.
Really?!
*wag, wag* *sniff, sniff* *wag, sniff, wag*
Ha! That tickles, Velouria! All right, you're happy. I get it.
I'm sorry. I'm just so glad to be part of your pack at last, Daddy.
All right, all right. But it's not my pack, OK? That's not how this group works.

Ha! There goes my tail again. Welcome, Daughter! Welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome!
OK, Daddy. Settle down. Now you're embarrassing me!

Unit Joined

Velouria

Class sets: Starts as Wolfskin, Fighter, Knight
PSkill: Goody Basket-At the start of the Turn, Luck% chance of recovering 10% HP

Growth Rates
HP: 62.5
STR: 75
MAG: 0
SKL: 42.5
SPD: 60
LCK: 47.5
DEF: 50
RES: 30

Velouria is a powerhouse who's main weakeness is hitting stuff with her low skill. That said, she has monstrous strength and HP with good speed while being a good tank, something that is actually rare among the party.

PSkill is okay, it's just a bonus to her natural healing abilities from the Wolfskin class.

Starting now...I'm imposing a restraining order on you!

Tae fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 15, 2017