Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

A dozen kids later, the group finally moves on from Scarlet's death.

You will appreciate the dumbess of some of the paralogues in hindsight.

It was quite friendly with the other kingdoms of the world... In fact, it wasn't unusual for royalty from Nohr and Hoshido to visit.
What? But I've never even heard of Valla. You're saying that my father—and King Garon—were aware of this land?

Uh wait, you mean like thousands of years ago, right?

Everything dumb in these plots go back to Valla somehow.

But when the Silent Dragon Anankos seized power, this land was changed.
Azura, how is it that you know so much about this kingdom?
I suppose I should explain that, as well...
Come with me. There is something I wish for all of you to see.

I can't believe this is actually going to be a big reveal.

Yes. It looks identical to the one that Father worships.
This is a statue of the Silent Dragon Anankos. Each of the kingdoms has a dragon associated with it.

So why is he called the "Silent" dragon? Are you saying the Dusk and Dawn dragons will one day rise against their kingdoms?

He was gifted with unlimited knowledge and foresight. He was also the dragon that gave his blood to the ancient Vallites.
But then...why would Father worship him, rather than the Dusk Dragon?

I have never seen anyone pray to a dragon god. Is Azama a Monk of the Dawn Dragon faction? We don't know!

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you... It's doubtful that there's anything left to the true King Garon.
What do you mean?

Who killed Garon? Did Anankos did? Anyone?

His presence, even in short periods of time, is very corrupting. Anankos's magic is likely all that keeps King Garon alive at this point. He is nothing more than a servant.
I can't—
Anankos is using King Garon as a puppet to create wars and destroy the world.
That's not...
I don't want to believe it, but that would explain Father's strange behavior... That damned dragon is going to pay! Why is he doing this?!

And here I thought Anny just wanted friends.

With them ruined, he can conquer the other kingdoms with little resistance.
Some of you have already encountered invisible enemies outside Valla. Those are soldiers of Valla and servants to Anankos. With his magic, he is able to send them from Valla to other places. He used them to make Hoshido and Nohr believe they were attacking each other.

Why is this a thing that only happened on this route? Especially since we've now established that these Valla soldiers can straight up ignore Mikoto's pacifier barrier. Why make it so complicated??

...Exactly like what happened to us in Cyrkensia.
Ah! So for us to save the world...we have to defeat this Silent Dragon!
Correct. That's our ultimate goal.

Azura should've slapped him in the headgear for even being proud of that.

I have only one question, Azura, since you know so much about these events... Who are you, really?

OH MY GOD!!

What?!
Then you're originally from this kingdom? Belonging to its royal family, no less?
Yes, though there is no longer a royal family to belong to...

My mother took me and fled.
Everything I have told you about Valla I learned from my mother during our exile.

...Wait, hold on. She's saying Anny taking over Valla was a very recent thing, like in the last 20 years. But she said Hoshido and Nohr royalty used to visit Valla a lot before. Why did no one know about this?

Why didn't Orochi or even Yukimura know about this?

Yes. That's why we couldn't explain things until we got here.
I see... Then our mission is clear. We must unite to defeat the Silent Dragon Anankos.

...We literally confirmed that like a minute ago.

Hoshido and Nohr... Working together...
Is something bothering you, Prince Ryoma?
Actually, yes...

The hell? A person?

That person's being chased! We have to do something!

*The boy approaches the group*

Hey, remember chapter 15 of Conquest where you copied your party? Well, it's Revelation's version except with 9 characters.

I'm just going to use the lowest level guys cause I don't want to poll 20+ names for this small of a deployment line.

BIG STATS UPDATE: HERE

Tae fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Aug 20, 2017