Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Nina is just reminding me how absurdly good Sakura was back in Birthright. Strength, speed, magic, everything.

These kids...are not good for the most part. I really need to change classes for some of them.

We have to hurry to the other end of this area as fast as we can.
Hmm... There's something strange about the Dragon Vein here...

I'm not sure what will happen if we use it... Maybe it will let us act elsewhere?

So, same basic idea as Chapter 15 of Conquest except a little more complicated. A few tips to be reminded of:
-Any character's damage is the same to both. Which means you can have someone charge in for an attack, then heal up safely on the other side with a vulnerably.
-Switch weapons without worry. Siegfried can strike with a stronger weapon before his top self switches back to a Guard Naginata or Javelin on defense.
-Not applied, but Azura's replica can't use dance so this is one of the few times where she's not great.

Velouria is one of the few good units in general on the roster. Being able to one-shot Sorcerers is a rare thing among my available roster, which is...bad.

Now begins the actual mission.

Not with your stats, buddy. 21 speed and 18 defense at your level is almost Hinata-like.

Reinforcements that immediately aggro will spawn from the boss's location every few turns. It clogs up things, but 20 turns is still more than enough time to get everything.

I'll take Resistance I guess? And the 5k gold.

Rhajat at least has a clear focus and excels on it, unlike Siggy. Her victim drops his Ragnorak.

In case you didn't guess, this is one of those 20+ item drop maps. Kinda like chapter 10 back in Izumo.

Sig and Velouria take down a batch of Archers and a Maid for Steel Yumi, Mend Staff, Illusory Yumi, and a powerful Soldier's Knife.

The top enemies don't have any items, so there's just less going on for the originals. Hisame is...okay, but he doesn't have super insane speed like Hana to really make him dangerous. Just annoying.

Nina, could you please reach 19 in either attack stats before giving me these awful levels

For once, Saizo's been super helpful now that he's facing Revelation enemies instead of the horror show that were the Conquest paralogues.

A Steel Sword and Thunder were picked up in the meantime.

30 strength already, so strong.

A little busy here, but Corrine debuffing everyone heavily makes it no more than stepping stones.

Results of Skirmish
Steel Katana, Bolt Axe, Steel Axe, Hammer

Siegbert-STR/SKL/SPD/LCK
Ignatius-LCK/DEF
Rhajat-MAG/RES

Iggy, dude. Come on. Gain some strength.

Good level, Saizo. You might finally reach that mystical 20 speed, you slow-as-hell ninja

A lot more, the same more.

A bad level?! Oh no!

Corrine debuffing everyone yet again, gets her a great level. Wow, 23 strength at level 10. She's really taking it to the extreme of how blah you can be while clutching on to Draconic Hex.

Results of Skirmish

Nina-HP/MAG/RES
Saizo-HP/MAG/SPD/LCK
Ignatius-STR/SKL/SPD
Velouria-STR/SKL/SPD/LCK

Congrats Saizo on hitting 20 speed. :toot:

Heart Seal, Killing Edge, 5k gold, Steel Club, Dual Club

Whew, lots of good stuff. Probably like 60k in total for this map. The dual weapons alone cost a ton of cash.

The top half is now going to chill and chew on some Vulnerary candy if their replicas get too hurt.

...Well, 30 magic. Definitely more Nyx-like than Hayato.

This would be slightly more threatening if it wasn't for the fact that Velouria laughs at even a Beast Killer at this point.

Results of Skirmish

Hisamee-STR/MAG/LCK/DEF
Nina-MAG/SKL/LCK/RES
Siegbert-STR/SKL/SPD

I just noticed that Nina has only 17 skill. What are you GOOD at, girl??

Beast Killer, Dual Naginata, Friendship Seal, Dual Yumi, 10k gold

Seigbert eliminates a Swordmaster to get his Practice Katana. Rhajat gets a Killer Axe off a Hero. Now just the boss is left.

And then Siggy gets a Bolt Naginata to complete the massacre.

You...were a page to Anankos?

Already questions on why a dragon needs a page.

Everyone is force to work as his slaves. I served at his side, but... He's not normal. There's something almost demonic about him.

...Um, you're saying Anny is NOT a murderous dragon bent on destruction? I guess he was born way after Anankos killed Valla's previous king and then chilled...?

I couldn't take being near that violent tyrant anymore. After a lot of careful planning, I was finally able to escape.
That explains why you were being chased. But if you were a page to Anankos, does that mean you know where he is?
Of course. I've spent years serving him.
All right! A lucky break! We'll be able to go straight to him!

Yep! Get back to your trauma, kid

Yes. Well, more accurately... We're here to defeat him. Please, Anthony. Can you lead us to where he is?
D-defeat him?! I don't think it's possible to do that! He's too powerful... And besides, I only just finally got away...
I'm truly sorry to ask this of you... But if you take us to him and we prevail, you won't have to worry ever again. Would you please help us?
... Yes... All right... I'll help you.
I'm tired of running.

Easy enough. I think this is the first actual person we've seen. Azura made it seem like everyone died as soon as Anny took over.

*Meanwhile*

Oh, it's that guy that started this whole entire mess of a war.

WHAT