Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Chapter 26

When we last left off, under-leveled Garr was acting like King Saves-The-Day.

"The first route is to go west through Tilso Forest, and then through the town of Cyril. But Lydon's army blocks this route, so it'll be difficult to get through. Another route is to enter Heidelberg from the mountains behind the city. To use this route, we need to walk along the frozen river from the cave north of this town. This route will take us to the back side of Heidelberg.

"Are you sure of that?"

"The frozen river to the north is so cold that you'll need the Fur Cape to survive the bitter cold. Besides, only people in this country would think of walking on the frozen river, right?"

You mean the same people that would be irked to have their king overthrown by a cruel tyrant and are probably rallying up a resistance force as we speak? Yeah I'm sure Lydon isn't worried about them at all.

You can almost hear the sarcasm drip out of those lines. I'm sure Leon would have said more but he's sick of fighting against the stupidity in the party.

Up north we find our next area. If you keep trying to go through the forest, Garr forces you to turn back.

The Frozen River is where you need the fur cape. With out it your Party will drop fast.

Along with some re-skins of the rabbit enemies, orb enemies, and bird enemies that we've seen countless times by now we do get the unique Yeti. It has some powerful ice spells but that's about it.

So the stone giant is brought out to add to the rosters of heavy hitters.

That's not even a tech move. He can just normally stomp your head to pulp for no TP cost. Luckily not much is going on in Stahn's head so it's of little loss at the moment.

Let me just bust out a fire spell here.

A ring? I'm trying to get around it not marry it. I'll use a fire spell.

"What's that?"

"It's called the 'Sorcerer's Ring' and it fires a beam of light by using Lens energy."

No, Garr. I don't think you quite understand. I can make lava appear out of thin air. Let me show you.

I can one-shot every living creature in this forest because they're all ice element. I think I can melt one ice cube.

"Then..."

Fine, whatever. I guess I'll just save the TP to murder one more animal in this forest instead.

Still would have been cooler to use a fire spell.

The ice gimmick is a bit hard to catch on screen-shot but I'm sure you guys know how it works even if you never played the game. You take one step and you keep sliding until you hit something.

I suppose one could use the ring or a fire spell to melt the ice but we've already seen that no one in the party knows how to swim.

See Stahn's health before crossing a bridge.

See Stahn cross a very short bridge with out his fur cape equipped.

See Stahn die before he even get's across. Fur capes are cheap thankfully since I think this is the only time you need them.

Luckily we got a life bottle and can carry on.

And carry on we do, taking this new chance at life to ice skate.

Such a neat animation that's never used again.

Freedom!