Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Chapter 35

It's been a while since I updated so you might have forgotten where we were. If you're reading this in the archives please wait a month before continuing for the full real live effect.

Rest assured though that you haven't missed anything. We're still dungeon crawling.

And kicking rear end. :coal:

And doing repetitive puzzles.

dull repetitive puzzles.

I know what you're thinking. I was thinking the same thing. "I've been fooled before! We unlocked a door just to find more dungeon!"

But you're wrong!

"Lydon!"

"I want to congratulate you on following me here. I'm amused that you made it here"

"I mean, really, if you didn't luck out and have that sorcerers ring you'd still be stuck in the cave. Of all the stupid coincidences...":

"Unfortunately, it doesn't matter anymore since your luck and your pitiful lives ends here."

"You won't get rid of us without a fight! You'll pay for what you did to my father!"

"Oh, spare me do you really think you have a chance against me?"

"We're not going to allow you to continue your ruthless acts!!"

"Well, there shall be no mercy today! Witness the power of the Eye of Atamoni! Prepare to die!"

This is the part where twelve year old me would totally be mouthing out a total metal soundtrack as I charge into battle.

Feel free to add your own :krad: sound effects as you read this.

Or don't. I don't care.

I have to say though that I do like Lydon's spell casting pose. It's just so full of itself.

He's also really drat fast and blocks everything so he counters pretty much any physical blow you hit him with.

You can see him prepare his fearsome tickle attack.

As you can see, Lydon has a lot of strong moves at his disposal and he's not afraid to use them.

Ignoring the anime jumping, I don't even see how half of these moves even work. What kind of sword attack is that?

His combo's are also pretty punishing too.

Where he strings together all his attacks into one long chain. If it all hits just right, it can easily kill a character at full health.

That one, with the next three screenshots are my favorite bit.

I just like how he follows up with the jump. Star Ocean 2 was the first JRPG I ever played. Tales of Destiny was either second or third. And they kind of spoiled me for a while on other JRPGs. "What do you mean my guys just stand there waiting to be hit instead of running around the screen?" It was a hard transition.

Ultimately though, Lydon goes down like every other boss in this game: Stun locked in the corner.