Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

This is club confession, located right next to Larry's alley. Larry said that he'd pass our name along to the owner, and we're also here to shut Patty up.

We've got typical pale-faced goth motherfuckers hanging outside of the club, trying their best to look like they don't care about anything. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but I was alive during the whole goth fad, and, uh, it was pretty annoying.

The outside kind of resembles the old-style Gothic architecture style (which has nothing to do with dressing in all black and writing about how much you hate your parents on livejournal). Let's just head inside.

Nobody's manning the entry counter. We can just head in whenever we want, though the turnstile might have something to say about that. Touch it in the wrong place, and it'll stop movement completely, while normally it must be self-aware because it moves on its own.

Right away, we see this girl standing in the corner, looking... angry? Frustrated? I'm not sure. Let's talk to her and find out.

Is this Patty? Could be, but we shouldn't make any assumptions. Best play it safe, try to get her to reveal herself.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

[Listen] No, come on. It's totally cool. I'm Patty. Seriously; everyone knows me. Besides, I just wanted to ask you if you've seen someone.

Yes, this is Patty. And wow, she's got a really annoying voice. Worse than damsel by a long-shot.

She's a ghoul, a blood-addict. She probably hasn't gotten her fix in a while. She's playing it cool now, but how long can she keep up the act?

Ohhh... kay.

His name is Kent Alan Ryan, he's a Toreador; really good looking, dresses really well, like all Prada usually.

We could try to resolve the situation right now, but I'm interested, how long can she keep up the act? She's in the presence of a possible hook up.

I may have heard his name.

Oh? Well, he's pretty powerful. He's probably like... too far behind the scenes for you to know about him. Maybe you know some of the people who work for him.

If we hold out on information, if we act like we're just another Vampire, she'll probably be on her knees begging for a fix, faced with the reality of aging, sickness, and possibly death. This is why she's a walking masquerade violation, as time goes on without a fix, she might take to the streets, shouting, or doing something else drastic.

I'm sure he's a regular Brett Scowcroft. Goodbye.

I'm not sure who that's supposed to be.

No, don't go. I really need to find him. Really. Maybe you can ask around....

Why should I?

[Listen] No! Look. I haven't seen him in days. He said he'd come see me again. He promised. I might age. He promised I wouldn't get thirsty.

There we go, now she's showing how desperate she is.

Have some composure.

So, I won't be getting a Christmas card is what you're saying. Oh well.

Then she just stands there, pissed off, unable to be interacted with. We'll have to leave the club and come back.

Sure you are, Patty. You don't seem superficial in the slightest.

Oh for christ's sake.... Look, I found Kent Alan Ryan.

It's either murder or persuasion. We don't have the option to dominate her. I'm not sure why. Ghoul resistance, maybe? If we didn't already find a replacement for Lily, we could tell her to go to the Santa Monica blood bank. We'll go with the more humane option.

[Persuasion] He went to San Diego for some business deals he had to act fast on.

Oh, that is totally Kent. He's sooo like that. I better go find him; he needs my help to do anything. Thanks again!

Yeah, no problem. Just drive down there, he'll be looking for you.

That doesn't solve the masquerade violation problem, but if it doesn't affect us here in LA, it doesn't matter. As Patty walks away, she occasionally twitches. Weird.

Anyway, there's people dancing, one person in a cage in the air, a bar, other things you'd find in a club, but also a blood doll.

The bad news is that our seduction skill hasn't been improved at all since Santa Monica. Being later in the game, skillchecks are increased, so we can't suck on her neck with her permission.

I like your cans. :mmmsmug:

Let's just talk to the woman behind the counter.

Another, uh, "business" choice for Troika.

Are you a bartender or a groupie for The Cure?

Yes, Melissa voted republican once.

Larry mention me?

Larry? Oh, so you're the "Cleopatra Jones" he was going to send over?

Here we go...

Intrigued. Go on....

Well... the parking lot next to the Empire hotel - couple of guys, Russian accents, bit thick. I need you to tell them Venus doesn't have their money. That's it.

That's it?

That's it.

What's in it for me?

Drinks on the house for a week.

I don't drink.

You want cash? Whatever, I can do that. Question is: are you worth it?

Definitely. I'll do it.

Back in a minute.

We'll head there now.

On our way, we run across this "Nocturne Theatre", with no way to get in. Good. I didn't want to watch 100 hours of somebody grinding in a jrpg, anyway.

Well, there's the hotel, but the parking lot is to the left.

In which we find these two identical twins and a russian commando.

That she did.

Money, where is money?

We can start a fight, but let's play this another way.

She told me to tell you she doesn't have the money.

Being a Ventrue has its perks.

Most likely this isn't the end of this. So what if we've gotten rid of these thugs? They'll be back next month. Venus is probably going to look for a more permanent solution.

Back to Venus...

The club's music isn't any louder than last time. She's pretending. She must want to discuss something in private.

Passed on your message.

I can't hear you! Let's talk in my office!

Okay.

Up to her office we go...

No-one should be surprised by this. Seeing that Melissa can get jobs done, Venus is going to try to utilize her for her own ends.

Boris?

Well, to start this club, I had to take out a significant loan from a king bastard by the name of Boris, and every time I haven't been able to make the monthly, plus interest, the bastard takes what he feels is a suitable late fee.

We should get more information. Who exactly is Boris?

What's the catch?

Boris is high up in the Russian mafia. Does that make a difference?

I guess not. We'll do the quest.

I didn't think this was going to be easy. I'll do it.

Be back when he's no longer breathing.

Back to the Empire Arms hotel we go. But first...

...we've got a higher seduction skill.

[Seduction] I just wanted to see if your voice was as angelic as you. It is. You are.

Unfortunately, we don't have a high enough skill to finish the job.

Yeah, you would have remembered seeing me. I'm pretty sizzle. Ssss.... Yeah. :mmmhmm:

:what:

I tell you what - if the Pope, the President, and my high school history teacher all show up in the next few minutes, I'll make out with you right in front of them.

To the hotel.

We already know that Boris is in the penthouse. No need to make up silly excuses as to why we need to know his room. We don't even have a phone to call somebody for help if we gently caress up, and if you've had to do that, I'm sorry.

So, this hotel

There's a dance hall, never used for anything.

A bar, which might be a nice place to ask around about a double-homicide, but isn't actually used for anything.

A barren kitchen,

A couple of bathrooms,

and a dressing room behind the stage in the dance hall. Troika must have had bigger plans for this hotel, but these rooms are never utilized.

Anyway, behind the front desk, there's a computer we can use. The computer in the bar cannot be interacted with.

>suites

The password for suites is wealth.

All the suites are named after places in New York. The ones that aren't occupied will be omitted, here.

buffalo suite posted:

The Buffalo Suite is OCCUPIED.
Guest: Boris Checkov.
Booked until: INDEFINITELY

This may be an allusion to Anton Chekhov. I can't find a reason as to why, though.

ithaca suite posted:

The Ithaca Suite is OCCUPIED.
Guest: Ashley Jones
Booked Until: TOMORROW

brooklyn suite posted:

The Brooklyn Suite is OCCUPIED.
Guest: Jezebel Locke
Booked until: NEXT MONTH

queens suite posted:

The Queens Suite is OCCUPIED.
Guest: Ingvar Johansen.
Booked until: ON NOTICE

Now onto the guest log. The password is power.

These are just transaction while the guests are staying here. Those without any are omitted.

checkov, b posted:

PPV: "Planet La Femme": $10.
Steak and Lobster: $80.

jones, a posted:

Bottle of Champ de Châtré: $290

This was near the computer. Enough exploring, let's get down to business.

6 is the highest we can go, so Boris must be there.

The doors ahead of us are locked, and the passcard only works on the doors to the left and right.

We have a fire axe, but it's better to do this with stealth. I don't think this:

will be necessary.

Like Venus said, Boris has a bunch of his thugs with him.

But the solitary ones are easily taken out.

Some hang out in pairs, but we can just avoid them.

:ninja:

There are some vent shortcuts to take...

...one of which leads to a vent upstairs, but we're not able to climb it. I'm not sure what its purpose is.

Soon enough, we run across this guy.

He has a hell of a flattop.

The dialogue in parentheses is spoken in Russian. Let's be stereotypical.

[Intimidate]I have to tell your boss something, comrade. Step aside.

I do not think so.

:ussr:

[Persuade] It's important. He'll be angry if he doesn't hear it and will blame you.

There we go. That must be Boris.

I have business to discuss with you.

Well? Spit it out before Dima blows your head all over wall.

We have the option to try to get Dima to leave the room. Why? I suppose to try to assassinate Boris without interference.

It's a sensitive proposition I have... perhaps he should step outside.

[Persuade] This could get embarrassing for you. I'm looking out for you, Boris.

Okay, okay. (Go, then), Dima. Very well... happy? Now spit it out. Make this quick, eh.

Venus sent me.

Is that right?

She wants the club.

(Little scum!) Stupid spoiled American child. I give her so much, and she spits in my face!

She believes she had... more than paid for it.

:nyd:

[Persuade] What does that make your guards? I got past them.

Is that so? I tell you what, little girl. How can we come to an agreement? I maybe get you to do something for me instead.

Hmmm....

I'm listening.

What do we do, thread? Do we support a misogynistic mafia boss, or go through with our plan to help Venus? The monetary reward might be more for killing Venus, right away, but being a co-owner of confession may make us more money in the long-term...

gatz fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 17, 2014