Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

Since this update is brought to you by a hangover, I thought the appropriate place to start was the red spot. There aren't any lovely Mexican restaurant chains around Hollywood to drunkenly stumble into at 3 am, so this is the closest we get.

Around the time when we first arrived in Hollywood, I mentioned that this guy could sometimes be seen perusing the isles of the red spot. We didn't encounter him before, but he sure is here now.

I'm not doing anything here other than selling some vendor trash we've picked up over the course of the game.

So to the Luckee Star it is, then. I wonder how many Hollywood hopefuls have hung their hats here.

Poor poor David Hatter doesn't know what he's stumbled into. His screenplay, as we've heard for ourselves, sounds suspiciously like Kindred society. It's best to assume that this isn't a coincidence. We to convince Hatter to give us all copies of his screenplay. If that means breaking into his apartment to get all of its copies, or destroying his digital backup, so be it. We also need to get the name and location of his Kindred source. The penalty for this type of betrayal, VV tells us, is death.

About that manuscript you were telling me about. Have an extra copy?

A good writer always does in this town. Hey - hey, you - you in the business? Man, I got tons of ideas for movies, in fact, I should give you one of my completed screenplays. This one's still... a work in progress.

I need all the copies of your vampire script.

Hey, man, there's only one copy here right now. I like to keep it pure - I don't... I don't even work on a computer, it disrupts the flow, ya know?

How fortunate a turn of events.

[Persuade] I know a few people interested in making a vampire pic.

I really can't talk about it. He likes his privacy.

[Persuade] Don't you think he wants to be famous too? I mean, who doesn't?

Julius?!

Part 5 posted:

That Julius? The stuttering, nervous, thin-blood Julius? Listening evidently comes easier to him than speech.

Back to Santa Monica it is, then. If Melissa had a heart, I'd say she left it there. We may as well bring the screenplay to VV first. She may have some advice on dealing with our loose lipped friend.

VV.

That's Miss Velour to you. :argh:

About Hatter... Here's his screenplay

Oh... I suppose I should just tear it up. But... I just - I can't. I can't rip up the product of a man's soul. Here, would you...? Tear it up for me?

Do it yourself, you pompous poseur Toreador crybaby.

Fine.

I found out the name of his source.

No, we can't even mention Julius's name to her.

You know, I really dislike Velvet Velour. Perhaps Isaac could supply us with some sort of leverage to use against her.

No, I had a question about Velvet.

Bah, Isaac is too close to Velvet to help us. Besides, I'm sure he'd much rather have us head to King's Way than give us dirt on her, even if he hated her guts.

Santa Monica here we come.

Drive. I'll tell you when the mood hits me.

We find Julius alone under the Santa Monica pier.

E did previously mention they'd be moving out soon. The life of a thin-blood is the life of a vagabond. The Kindred gypsy, never to find their own town.

You goddamn traitor!

Nuh-n- nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-no.

What were you thinking? Do you know what the consequences are?

You know what the penalty is, Julius? Do you?

I-I- I-I'm suh-suh-sorry. Puh-please! Puh-please - I'll never do it again!

Julius, the punishment for talking is... death.

Heh! Hehhhh nuh-nuh- nuh- nuh-no. Oh guh-guh-guh-oh god! :stonk:

They aren't my rules, you understand?

Puh-puh-please! F-fi-find your heart! Please f-find your h-heart!

You're making this very difficult for me, Julius. Knock it off.

I don't know, Julius. I'd piss off a lot of people. What's in it for me?

This is normally the point where I would call a vote. But I get the feeling that lowering our humanity might be... beneficial in the near future. So...

A hundred bucks?!? That's not enough! Sorry, Julius, I've got too much to lose.

Oh, oh go-go-g-g-g-g-g-god, g-g-nuh-nuh-no!

We're all just pawns in a game without rules, Julius. I'll do this quick, I promise.

So it goes.

gatz fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Aug 8, 2014