Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make
Tch, CRUD! You did Serges as well huh? Man, I REALLY should've watched that new episode earlier...well, here's Serges then, where one can spot a fairly major difference between the two versions...

Serges: I am Serges and I cannot allow you to stop the unification! It is for the good of all!

Serges: My name is Serges. You seem to be doing well, but, can you go on for much longer? Hmm?

(X wins against Serges)

Serges: You have merely delayed the inevitable. We will meet again…

Serges: Impressive… perhaps I will retreat this one time.

(Serges withdraws)

You got Zero’s Head Parts!

So yeah, absolutely no mention of any kind of "unification" in the original script. Turns out that whole thing was just something the localizers made up out of the blue. Between that, and the opening scenes with them explicitly referring to Zero as "that Reploid", it's pretty clear that they were talking about Zero all this time. There's no mystery there like there is in the English version.

This is, of course, besides the fact that the X-Hunters also had much more distinct personalities in the original script. So far, the only positive change has been calling them the "X-Hunters" rather than the "Counter Hunters". I'm not counting the change from "Irregulars" to "Mavericks", because that was a change that was already started in X1.

Fionordequester fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 22, 2016