Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

MithosKuu posted:

Megaman X2:
6. Counter-Hunters Hunter ver. | Irregular ver.

Alright, so now it's time to post the script differences for this section as well, and I have to preface this next section. The dialogue with Serges is probably THE most crucial change in the entire script. Remember all those theories about how he MIGHT be Dr. Wily? Well, in the Japanese version, it's not a theory. The game literally goes OUT-OF-IT'S-WAY to set him up as Dr. Wily. The only way it could get any more obvious about it is if it literally had a big neon sign saying "HEY, THIS IS DR. WILY!" Why do I say that? Well, read this next section, and find out...

X ARRIVES WITH ALL OF ZERO'S PARTS

Dr. Cain: I can try to reactivate Zero to help, but I need more time before you can install his control chip….Try to slow them down! Good luck!

Dr. Cain: Ooh! You’ve finally retrieved all of Zero’s parts, have you?! With this I can revive Zero. However! It seems that it will take a bit of time. Keep going for a little while longer. I’m counting on you, X.

X-HUNTER BASE DISCOVERED (YOU BEAT ALL THE X-HUNTERS)

Dr. Cain: Mega Man X! I’ve located the X-Hunters’ base! It’s at grid location 00. That’s right at the North Pole!

X: Roger, Dr. Cain! I’m on my way!

Dr. Cain: It will take more time to reactivate Zero…Slow them down, Mega Man X!

Dr. Cain: X! I’ve discovered the Counter Hunter’s base! Point 00; it’s the North Pole!

X: Understood, Dr. Cain. I’m moving out.

Dr. Cain: It will take a little bit more time for Zero’s repairs. Do your best until then.

X-HUNTER BASE DISCOVERED (YOU DIDN'T BEAT ALL THE X-HUNTERS)

Dr. Cain: I’m sorry X… one of the X-Hunters attacked the base and… took all of Zero’s parts away… They’re going to rebuild Zero at their base. I tracked them to location 00 – the North Pole!

X: I can’t let them tamper with him, Dr. Cain! I’ve got to save him!

Dr. Cain: I’m sorry X…just now one of the Counter Hunter’s appeared at this base and…He stole all of Zero’s parts…They’ve returned to their hideout and intend on reviving Zero as an Irregular. I’ve learned that the Counter Hunter base is at Point 00, the North Pole, but..

X: Dr. Cain! I will go save Zero!

VIOLEN'S DEATH SPEECH

Violen: What?! How could he have overloaded my circuits?! Arrrggghhh…

Violen: Y-yer tryin' to tell me...that YOU'RE stronger than I AM?! I, I had such magnificent strength...why...why couldn't I...GRRRRAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!

(the basic idea is that Violen is shocked and in disbelief that he lost. Also, according to the translator, he's also lamenting the fact that his power wasn't properly conveyed. Like, he either didn't get to show it off like he wanted to, or it just didn't work as well as he expected it to on X. But, I'm not entirely sure how to write that, so there you go. Now for the big one...)

SERGES'S DEATH SPEECH

Serges: This is impossible! The prophecy must be fulfilled!

Serges: Am I to perish here? To think that I was defeated once again by the robot who bears Light's image… Such a pity…

Yes, Serges actually says that. Capcom practically goes out of it's way to say "HEY, THIS GUY MIGHT BE DR. WILY!" Not only does he refer to X as Dr. Light's creation, but he implies that this has happened before. Not that I blame you for thinking otherwise Mithos, because it seems that SOMEONE apparently decided "eh, we don't need this, how about we just throw it out?"

Also, tough phrase to translate here. X is literally called "Light's memento robot" (he leaves out the "Dr." bit), but obviously that sounds clunky as all get-out. Hopefully I still stayed true to the meaning with the above line.

AGILE'S DEATH SPEECH

Agile: NO!!! This cannot be!! Master, avenge me!

Agile: Inconceivable…this should not be…Master Sigma! Please, avenge us!