Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Helmet 10 Warehouse
Jul 21, 2007

Update 3: Breakthru

Almorica Passageway: A small corridor leading to the Castellen’s chambers. The wall are unadorned, as befits the walls of a stronghold on this war-torn island.

Last time we stormed the castle gates and listen to a bunch of mercenaries go on and on about game mechanics. Sure was nice of them, and we didn't even have to pay them. This time we going to head further into Almoria Castle and try to save the Duke.

Seems like a nice place with plenty of statues and open flames.

Master Nybeth that sounds like such an unimposing name, I bet he's nice.

Listen well. We face the rogues who slew Bapal and his men. Underestimate them and share Bapal's fate! Give these rebel swine a taste of Galgastani steel! Almorica shall never fall!

To win the battle, and just like in the previous battle, we only have to kill the boss. This time it's that knight who’s shouting at us, Agares. I'm sure he's real important.

Canopus draws first blood.

Like in the previous battle the only character we have control of right now is Denam, and he doesn't really have any options besides walking forward.

But unlike the last battle, Denam feels a little adventures and he’s going to try something new. Even though Denam only has a sword and shield equip, he does have a ranged attack. All units will have both melee and arranged attacks regardless of their equipment. While this sounds nice there is still one major drawback to it.

It’s about as useful as throwing a rock.

The windup...

And the pitch.

What's important is he’s helping, just in a small way.

More significantly, this was our first attack of the LP. Celebrate everyone!:dance:

Lanselot and his men engage the enemy warriors.

Our struggle with the Walister goes back generations - it's no concern of yours. Or do you seek to claim Valeria, as Lodis does? I will have your answer!

And we're looking for mercenary work, as it happens. Not hiring, by any chance?

Canopus you better not be thinking of betraying me, or is all that money I'm not paying you not enough.

And worry you'll leave for a bigger purse? We don't need outsiders to do our killing.

That was line directed at Denam wasn't it?

He makes a good point. Let's rescue this Duke, collect our reward, and be done with it.

A craven who would choose lucre over loyalty deserves only one reward!

Warren hits the enemy with a lightning spell doing both damage and inflicting the Lightning Averse status effect.

Let’s talk about the Averse status effect. Each element in the game has a corresponding Averse state (i.e. Fire Averse, Ice Averse). When a unit is inflicted with this status effect they will take extra damage from that type of elemental attack. For example, the enemy Reynfred above will now take extra damage from lightning based attacks.

The enemy enchantress responds with her own magic attack. Deadshot is wind elemental equivalent of Lightning Bow.

Denam finally makes it to the center of the battle, only to get punched in the face.

Meanwhile, Lanselot attacks Agares and takes off most of his health in one attack. Don't worry Denam, maybe one day you will be able to do that much damage. At this rate I’d settle for doing damage in the double digits.

Catuia heals Denam's sore face.

And then he is immediately hit by an arrow. Denam is turning into quite the punching bag.

:woop: Denam has a chance to get a hit in on Agares.

Ah, the sweet taste of 22 HP.

Even Vyce gets a chance. He probably provoked Agares by saying something despicable about Agares' mother.

Vyce is an evasive little bastard.

Once again Lanselot deals the final blow.

Rest in peace, Sir Agares.

Congratulations

We now join in on the rescue of the Duke, already completed.

Sweeter still that Walister youths came to my aid. Denam, was it? Doubtless you and your friends are a gift from the Great Father Himself. The Walister boon is great, and our future bright!

The Duke seems impressed by our ability to stand around and let the mercenaries do all the fighting.

We are not alone in our loyalty. Upon word of your grace's release, many Walister have left their haunts and hideaways for Almorica.

And there is still time before the Galgastani come to remedy my freedom, though not long, I fear. We must regroup. Now I must ask if the tale our guests have told us is, indeed, the truth.

Upon my sword, it is.

It was nice of our mercenary friends to tell the Duke that we rescued him. I don’t think he’s buying it, but it’s the sentiment that counts.

We are outcasts from our land.

I do not doubt your sword. It is the whiskers of your companion that give me pause. I hear a diviner matching his description was ever at the side of King Tristan when your New Xenobia came into being two years past. And that you, Sir Lanselot, were captain of the Holy Knights. Is the saint king so brazen as to cast out the very men who placed him upon the throne?

I, too, have heard tell of this diviner, but I am not he.

Lodis plagues us with the Dark Knights Loslorien. How do we know you are not some new menace visited upon Valeria? If New Xenobia does not seek to usurp, I would have your proof.

Your grace, these Holy Knights risked their own lives to win your freedom.

A man can claim knighthood only when he serves a worthy lord. It is for such a man that we seek.

I have your word then, and its proof shall be in your deeds. You sought a reward - you shall have it, and employment besides. I would have you train our Walister loyals as guards and soldiers here in Almorica.

As you wish.

Lanselot and crew leave the room. They even take the time to push in their chairs in before they leave. That is a level of manners you don’t usually see in a group of trained killers for hire.

Now, Denam. Your father was an abuna in Golyat, was he not? I met him myself, once. A wise man, Abuna Prancet. What happened in Golyat was... a tragedy.

Abuna is the Europeanized version of the title Abun. It is currently a title used for any bishop of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church. Albuna is also used by Arabic speaking Christians to refer to a priest.

Please, your grace, you must avenge our father - no - all the people of Golyat.

Catiua really gung-ho on the whole revenge thing. Especially for someone who spends most battles hiding in the back casting heal spells.

Yet the enemy before us is Galgastan. They must come first. And for that, I will need knights. Knights... such as yourselves. Will you join my table at Almorica?

Us? Knights!?

No Vyce, he was talking to the other group of people in the room. You know the ones that left five minutes ago.

As young heroes of Walister, you will serve as a shining example to your clansmen.

Yes, a shining example of standing around and letting others do all the work. I’m starting to think the Duke doesn’t have the greatest opinion of his own people.

I would have you become knights in my direct service. You will be the spear that strikes swift and true. Well, what say you?

O-of course. I mean, as you wish, your grace! I know Denam's with me on this.

You don’t speak for Denam he’s not a silent protagonist.

Excellent.

You heard the man; we’re going to need a name for Denam and his new merry band. The default name is Denam’s birth month, but that’s no good. So I’m leaving it up to you goons to come up with a name. Be sure to put your suggestions in bold text.

Warren Report

Brantyn Morne
Leundar Balbatos
Juda Ronwey
Dorgalua Oberyth Valeria
Agares Bazin
Agares Bazin

Helmet 10 Warehouse fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 30, 2013