Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Lamadar
Nov 24, 2007

Bounty Hunter: Update 6 – Getting Sponsored

Click here for the Cutscene

: Nice to see you alive and well. That was really rotten what Nem'ro did to you.
: One day, he'll pay for crossing me. By meeting the business end of my flamethrower.
: Maybe that's exactly what these credits are for.

: A large stack of credits does wonders for my affection level. Although I still want to fry that backstabbing Hutt.
: Here you go. One large payment for mysterious reasons. Don't spend it all in one place.

: How do you hear these things so fast?
: You'd think people would secure their comm channels better. Don't they understand I'm a genius? I know who got Nem'ro's sponsorship token and how to find him. I'll tell you everything, but I've got a price.
: Suddenly you expect me to pay for your info? I'm not in the mood for being betrayed again...
: Not like you think. Braden taught me how to fight, and you know I'm great with information. Take me with you -- on this hunt and whatever comes after.
: Oh, in that case.... I think we'll have a lot of fun.
: I'm good with a blaster, and Braden was like a father to me. It's not fair that....

: Wait, did you just say yes?
: Yes.
: Thank you. Braden was sweet, but he always treated me like a child. I'm not a child. So thank you. I want to be there when we find Braden's killer. I want that more than anything. So let's go find Nem'ro's bounty hunter.
: My trigger finger needs some exercise. And I have an urgent need to set something on fire after what has transpired today.
: Good. You're about to get plenty of it. The hunter we're after is named Rarsk. He's a Trandoshan and serious bad news. Burned a whole village alive on Dantooine.
: Wait, he burned an entire village? That's too cruel, even coming from me.
: I intercepted a transmission between the Trandoshan and -- get this -- the bone-faced freak who was following me. Remember me warning you about him?

: No clue. We better prepare for anything, though. Rarsk is collecting on a bounty Fa'athra the Hutt, Nem'ro's rival, is holding for him. A Republic scientist or something. All we have to do is break into Fa'athra's rediculously well-guarded palace in the swamp, find the scientist ourselves and set a trap for Rarsk.
: And when Rarsk shows, we take his sponsorship token. Good plan.
: You haven't seen anything yet. Turns out Fa'athra keeps interesting people on his payroll -- and by "interesting", I mean they have prices on their heads.

: Come on -- Fa'athra's palace is waiting....

: So, this way to Fa'athra's palace?
: Yep, looks like we need to fight our way in. Looks like it will be tough....

: I don't know, seems they're weak to fire to me.
: Wow, guess it wasn't difficult at all. Still, those other bounties we need to collect should be somewhere outside, so we should find and deal with them before heading in.
: What? You mean these guys?

: Seems like they die from fire just as easily as those common thugs.
: Lamadar! You're on fire!
: drat right I am.
: No, I mean you REALLY ARE ON FIRE!

: So?
: :stare:

: So Fa'athra has a Hutt in Carbonite right at his enterance? Interesting.
: His throne room up ahead should be heavily guarded.
: Not for long.

: Impressive, but we should hurry. The Republic scientist Fa'athra's goons are holding should be through these hallways, and we have probably alerted the guards.

: Nothing a little fire can't handle.

: Okay, a LOT of fire.
: :sigh: What am I going to do with you?

: What do you think? This our Republic scientist?
: She fits the target description. Now, we just wait for Rarsk to show. Short version, lady: There's a bounty hunter coming to take you to the Empire -- where you'll probably die or at least be tortured.
: Oh... my!
: We want to kill this bounty hunter, so it's your lucky day. Just sit quietly and be bait-like.
: Let's set up our ambush, Mako. Now, where did I put those incendiary grenades?

: What part of "sit quietly" didn't you understand? You're going to blow our -- oh, great....

: Just give me Nem'ro's sponsorship token and walk away.
: You are stupid, even for soft things. Rarsk will tear out your heart and feed it to a tiny rodent.
: I once burned entire village on Dantooine. Puny human will stand no chance against Rarsk.
: Bring it on, lizard man. I'll show you how a real pro handles fire.

:supaburn:
: That will teach him for playing with fire.

: Got that right, girl. We're the heroes of the day.
: So... what happens now?
: There's a shuttle port in town -- head there.
: Thank you so much. I'm sure I can find it.
: Here, I've got an old hold-out blaster -- just in case. Now get moving.

: She seems to have wanted to keep her distance from us even after we saved her. I wonder why?
: I think she was terrified you'd set her on fire.
: Where did she ever get that idea? Anyways we better head back.

: Ha! Little Mako -- so fiery!
: Me? Fiery? Isn't Lamadar the pyromaniac?
: Hunter, allow me to apologize if I spooked your young friend.
: Calm down a sec. Let's see what's what.
: I regret that I startled you, young woman.

: You buying any of this?
: Yeah, it all makes sense. It's just rotten luck he didn't catch Tarro Blood in the act.
: I reviewed your security holorecording and witnessed the murder of your teammates by Tarro's men. While dishonorable, the attack wasn't technically against the rules. Unless Tarro attacks another competitor, he cannot be punished.
: Tarro's too big a coward to take me on.
: Be cautious accusing Mandalorians of cowardice. They do not take such insults lightly. I shall continue to closely monitor Tarro Blood's activities. If he breaks the Great Hunt's rules, he will pay for it.
: If he does break the rules and the punishment includes fire, could I...
: No!
:(
: I have remained here to give the Trandoshan, Rarsk, instructions for the Great Hunt. It seems this is no longer necessary.
: Rarsk is dead. He had an unfortunate accident with being set on fire. I have the token to prove it.
: And thus, my intructions are now for you.
: You have my token and recognition as the most fearsome hunter on Hutta.
: Indeed, you have proven yourself worthy of the Great Hunt. But the competition is only beginning. From here you must go to Dromund Kaas -- the Imperial capital. These are your shuttle passes.
: I wish Braden could see this. At least now we can make his killer pay.
: Tarro Blood will get what's coming to him -- that's a promise.
: You're the best. If only a bit crazy.
: When you arrive on Dromund Kaas, seek the Huntmaster in the Mandalorian enclave. He will answer all your questions about the Great Hunt.
: I assume we'll see you later?
: You may count on it, hunter.
: Yes, go to the Great Hunt and spread the glory of Nem'ro the Hutt!

: Good hunting.

: Hey, hunter, before we head off to the spaceport, I've got something to say...

: I'm in this for your sake more than his.
: That's sweet in a "total and complete lie" kind of way. The Great Hunt was Braden's dream. Talked about it for years. Day he told me he'd found you... Should've seen him. Grinning and laughing so much I thought his face would split in half.
: Laughing doesn't sound like something he did much of. Well, except maybe that one time when he was drunk at the cantina....
: Thought maybe he'd gone crazy. Winning this thing... it would've meant more to him than revenge. So.... I'm going to skip saying "Thank You" again, because you get the idea already. Let's just get moving. Don't want to miss our shuttle.

: Really, is this piece of junk even suitable to fly...?
: This is the shuttle that we need to take us to Vaiken Spacedock. From there, we can get another shuttle to Dromund Kaas.
: :sigh: I guess if we have no choice....

Lamadar fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 21, 2012