Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Helmet 10 Warehouse
Jul 21, 2007

Bonus Update

Since turkey day is almost upon us and I'm going to be busy with my family watching the Lions lose, here's some bonus stuff to tide you over.

That's right, we're back here. This battle has a few possible outcomes, so we are going to take a moment and look at them before we move on.

Of course we are going to start with the most common outcome. The one you will see time and time again. Can you guess which one that is?

Things don't look to good for Cistina, and naturally she doesn't make it.

Make a mental note of that name.

I got lucky during my playthrough, but normally you will be seeing this a lot. By the way this is not the last save the suicidal NPC battle. Fun times are still up ahead.

Now let's say you had enough of watching Cistina throw herself on the enemies' spears and decided to take a different route.

Good old option two. When you think about it really it is the most sensible choice of the two.

I'd help her if we could, but we've more important battles to fight.

You can't be serious. You'd let those Galgastani hunt her!?

Of course he would, and he's right to do so. It's you I can't understand, Catiua.

Either way, our quarrel is with the Galgastani. If we save her in the process, all the merrier.

Catiua might protest a little, but overall everyone agrees that the best course of action is to focus on striking down the Galgastani and then helping forehead if we can. Evidently this is exactly what we did.

After the fight we find ourselves back in this little sack.

Without your aid, I would never have escaped with my life. Thank you.

Think nothing of it. It is by chance we helped you, no more. Rather thank the Great Father. He favors you. Now, why is it the Galgastani clamor for your blood?

I am Cistina, a warrior in the Liberation Front. I was scouting our common enemy.

Liberation Front? Partisan zealots, the lot of them. Nothing but trouble.

I had always thought us two sides of the same coin.

She is a Bakram traditionalist, a group loyal to the late King Dorgalua.

I've heard of them. Not all Bakram support the current regime, after all.

Oh their goals are lofty enough, but their deeds border on butchery. They risk the lives of soldier and innocent alike with their subversion. Means unworthy of their end.

You have us wrong! These are lies spread by Brantyn! We seek only a return to better times, when a man's race and beliefs could not discredit him.

Better times? Don't make me laugh! Good enough for those with luck to be born Bakram, but we lived then as we do now - insects beneath the boots of our betters!

It is plain nothing I say will sway you. I thank you again for saving me. Now I will take my leave.

You have leave to go, Cistina. But you must quit this place at once. This is our land. Our fight. The Bakram are not welcome here.

I shall try to remember that.

This scene plays out similar to how it did before, but this time there is a little less back and forth. Cistina seems to except that there is no point to furthering the argument and goes on her way without looking back.

However, we did not follow this path. We choose to save Cistina, but even then there was a different choice we could make.

If we had chosen "For peace" this is what would have happened.

We seek only peace, a world free of war and strife. This is why we fight.

Then we share a common cause. Let us fight together.

Us, fight alongside Bakram? Absurd. The peace we fight for is one in which the Walister can live as men. We want no part of any shared peace. I piss on your common cause!

Enough vyce. Such talk leads us nowhere. You are free to go Cistina. But you must quit this place at once. This is our land. Our fight. The Bakram are not welcome here.

As you wish. But we will not stop until the world is made fair and just. One day you will open your eyes. You will see that only by putting aside vain desires can we usher in an era of true peace.

Go now. And do not return.

And that should be everything we didn't see.

Warren Report

Liberation Front a Danger?
Liberation Front a Danger? Remember that name?

Cistina Phoraena

Helmet 10 Warehouse fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Nov 21, 2012