Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Helmet 10 Warehouse
Jul 21, 2007

George posted:

And I agree that you're doing a great job, but I have a petty complaint: you're making a ton of copy errors in each post, to the point that you hardly ever spell a character's name the same way twice. A little more attention to that kind of thing would help a lot in a game with such a careful and thorough translation, although I understand if you're getting things mixed up with the old translation.

Thanks for letting me know. Proofreading was never my strong point, so I'll keep an eye out for those mistakes.

Update 11: Great Rat King

Xeod Moors: wetlands in the middle of the Coritanae Region, made rich by the flow of the Xeod.

We continue marching on through the wetlands arriving at our next destination.

The battle starts off, well I'm not going to explain it just watch it instead. The video ends at :frogsiren:

Why are you reading this?

I'm not going to add anything so go watch the video.

Just as well. Past time me pets had their first taste o' battle.

*whistle*

*whistle*

Really, you're still reading this?

To each his own, I guess.

:frogsiren: Video ends here :frogsiren:

Welcome back. This time were not fighting some featureless character with a generic face, but a truly unique character (in more ways than one). I mean look at him missing teeth, scars all over, mustache, unkempt beard, and a skullet. Not to forget one crazy rear end grin. He has a face you will never forget.

Enough about that back to the battle.

Since we're still fighting in water I'll show you one of ways I deal with it. If you look at the above picture the red arrows show the paths across the water that most of our units can take. As you can see there are only three paths and the all the other ways to the enemy are along the outside of the field.

Since our options are limited protecting these pathways is our first priority. So, I moved Canopus to the indicated spot. This way any ally unit will have a place to jump across the water.

In this battle taking this precaution wasn't that important, but later on making sure your melee units have a path to their target is a must.

I'll be able the demonstrate this better in a upcoming battle were there are more obstacles in the way.

With that said Ravness gets the festivities started.

Doomfuck actually took the outside path since the water will provide him some cover from the enemy. Denam is there to protect him and Vyce is there because he is an idiot.

I'm also trying a status effect because why not.

Hey! It actually worked on one of them. Weakened lowers an units physical attack power. Which is good because Ganpp's pets can hit like a truck.

Crossing the river Staticpulse attacks the weakened Obda.

And misses.

The other gryphon Berda doesn't have the same problem.

But luckily Obda does.

By moving to attack one of our archers the gryphon put himself in Bran's (who has only moved about two feet in this fight) range.

The incantation for Deadshot.

Staticpulse once again is taking a pounding.

Ganpp, for all his impressive features, spends the entire battle using healing items.

You remember this message from the start of the battle.

quote:

It's a lie. We're not going to fight Ganpp at all. Instead we're going to gang up on one of his pets.

Berda to be precise.

We're doing this because Ganpp will flee if one of his darling pets gets hurt.

Though Berda can give it as good as he takes.

Now then, let's take a look at Berda's status screen to see what that attack he just used was. What you didn't know you could do that?

Apparently Numbing Hook was a slash attack that cost 50 TP to use. Also he is charmproof. Yes charm is a thing in this game and it sucks as much as you think it does.

Here's Ganpp's page for what it's worth.

Obda's weakened wares off and he puts his renewed strength to use.

On the other side of the battlefield the enemy is up to something.

The lizardman Gapa unleashes a fabulous ripple of energy.

And attacks Vyce.

While his fellow reptilian knocks back Staticpulse.

Back on the beating up Berda side.

Bran somehow sidesteps to attack his target.

Berda's not looking so hot. :suicide:

Looks like Ganpp agrees.

On his command the gryphons fly off.

Ganpp pulls out some sort of crystal.

And teleports away.

Leaving us standing around ankle deep in water.

Congratulations

The total contents of our one bag of loot.

Still haven't used all that SP.

Now nothing stands in our way of reaching Balmamusa. Which is a good because I'm getting tired of writing that name. I always have to look up how to spell it.

Next Time:
Decisions, decisions, decisions... well only one decision but it's a big one.

Warren Report

Ganpp Vochstein <-- Click here for awesome mugshot