Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Helmet 10 Warehouse
Jul 21, 2007

Update 12: The Night Comes Down

Balmamusa: A coal-mining town in the middle of the Bahm range; the houses here sprung up around the mineshaft.

Alright, we're here. Time to rally the townsfolk and get our revolution on! :woop:

From what we have heard about this place I wasn't expecting much, but this is even worse than I imagined.

Hastily constructed homes (if you could call them that) made out of whatever was on hand. Boards over every window and not a single pane of glass insight. It's clear our fellow Walister are living a lifestyle where they count their blessings if they can manage to put food on the table.

In this squalor, a single soldier makes his rounds.

Until he hears a sound.

Denam and company did make the quietest of arrivals.

The Galgastani aren't going to even let us have this place without a fight.

A cohort of warriors and archers join him, but as if to match this place these are not Galgastan's finest.

Canopus starts the assault. "From where?", you ask.

Right up here.

Canopus Strikes First Count: 5

Not to be outdone. Sara lets her arrow fly.

Showing us what a proper archer can do.

Vyce charges the enemy.

Once again I removed all of Vyce's equipment before this battle. Why? Because I felt like it.

Ravness gets the kill.

The enemy gives it everything they have.

But it doesn't matter.

This is no longer a fight, and it never was.

Our enemy was doomed from the start. We have the high ground and our archers are never going to let up.

Even as our melee unit slowly make their way to front, the Galgastan stationed here are already meeting their end.

Even in their hopeless position they still fit on.

Though futile as it is.

But for one brief moment they make some progress.

Vyce, as cocky as ever, retreats.

Voltare makes it to the frontline.

And lets the hammer fall.

In responses an archer takes aim and fires.

However, Voltare has none of that.

Our attack continues on.

The Galgastani desperately try and halt the approaching knight, but again Voltare will have none of it.

The rest of our frontline unit joins the battle, and quickly silence their target.

From her spot in the gallows, Sara prepares for another shot.

As always her arrow finds its target.

While on their last leg the remaining archers make one last effort to stop are assault, but to no avail.

With one last arrow, this battle is over.

There's no time to speak to everyone. We should gather a small group who can serve as our heralds.

Congratulations

The enemy did not leave much behind.

I finally used some of that SP.

Denam and the others spread out and find anyone who will listen to their words of revolution and freedom.

They crowd inside one of the dilapidated buildings. Then, Vyce begins doing what he does best.

We are not the enemy! Or are you so taken with your Galgastani masters you have forgotten?

There's no call for such rancor, Vyce. We should hear them out.

As one might have foreseen the residents here are not quick to raise to our calls.

At least here the winds of war do not howl in our ears, and our stomachs do not grumble.

Shelter, fodder - you enjoy all the luxuries of cattle. Doubtless you will so long as you remain. But do you not long to be free? To live as men? You are Walister! Where is your pride?

These people are not the army Vyce was expecting to find.

Today it's the Resistance, tomorrow who-knows-what, but you all sing the same tune. My son sounded much as you do - the war claimed him six months ago. Will your violence bring him back?

This is a video game. Violence solves everything, right?

The only thing they want is a quiet life. They're old and tired of the suffering that war causes.

You're doomed to fail, any road. Galgastan is too powerul. Heroes you may be, but the pride always comes before the fall!

Leonar enters the room, and address Denam.

He and Denam leave.

They head outside into the rain to talk.

No matter. We feared it would come to this. Listen to me. There's something you must do.

What!?

The duke foreknew this outcome. These are his orders.

But why this? If you know even one reason, I would hear it!

Sometime earlier Leonar and Ronwey were discussing strategy

But the words of these children will not be enough to move them to take up arms. When they refuse, you are to kill them under guise of Galgastani agents. Leave no survivors.

Leonar reacts like any person would.

Calm, Leonar. You've a good head on your shoulders. Consider our situation. If we are to defeat Galgastan, the Walister must unite as never before. If it appears the Galgastani destroyed Balmamusa, our people in the remaining camps will rally to our banner.

But...your Grace...

Nor will opposition in the Galgastani ranks remain unmoved by such outrage. Balbatos will be beset by foes without and within. we will finally have both the opportunity and the moral imperative to rid the world of the creature.

Denam and the others will not do this quietly.

If Ronwey is willing to sacrifice the entire population of Balmamusa, then you know what he is telling Leonar to do.

Here it is. Denam is facing the biggest decision of his entire life up to this point. What will he do? Will he follow orders or face the consequences of refusing the duke's orders.

Before I leave all of you to make this important decision I have some words to say. First, if you have played this game before or have any knowledge about this choice don't discuss any of the outcomes. There might be people following this thread who are experiencing this for the first time and I would like their honest opinion. You can talk about anything just don't mention any spoilers. Second, when voting remember this is the type of game where there is no right answer. Don't try to look for one. Instead make you own decision.

With that said your choices are clear. Vote either "I understand" or "Stop this lunacy!" Will Denam follow the orders of the Resistance and do what he must, so that one day there will be freedom for the Walister. Or will he resist and face an uncertain future.

Helmet 10 Warehouse fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 17, 2012