Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Tython Update 9: Forging a Victory
Begin recording

I knew I had little time to waste, who knew what Bengel Morr might do to Master Orgus. I caught the first speeder to the Jedi camp in the ruins of Kaleth and planed to walk from there to the Forge. Unfortunately, someone else had other ideas.

: Rotten, procreating beasts! Padawans will start dying if this keeps up. Oh, Padawan at least you made it through. The Horranth's are everywhere lately. Hulking, razor-mawed monsters with nasty dispositions. They're multiplying fast and growing bolder. Something in the water since the Flesh Raiders came... I could use help getting things under control.

: Who are you, anyway?

: Not the first time I've been accused of being rude. Sorry. I'm Sedni Maruk. Trained here myself. The Masters decided my talents were best served guarding and protecting the ruins. I'm proud to serve. Wanted to be a Jedi, but this is the next best thing. Until now.

: You mean, you weren't cut out to be the Jedi.

: I suppose that is the blunt truth of it. But at least I am helping out as best I can.
Eliminating a Horranth matriarch and patriarch will slow the beasts' population explosion, but they're tough to find and even tougher to kill. The matriarchs and patriarchs tend to gravitate in different clearings. You'll have to hunt them down separately-- If You're willing to help?

: I'll do it, but we have to find a better solution for the future, so senseless slaughter isn't our only recourse. Totally rational and sensible slaughter for example

: Agreed, but right now our options are limited. Would really help if you removed any of these beasts' eggs you see. But it's up to you. Hope you fare well. I'll be here, holding down the camp.

: No problem, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs

: T7= physically hurt // pun = awful

Finding the Horranth valleys' was no great problem. Actually dealing with them on the other hand was. It seems that Horranths don't appreciate people who destroy their eggs.

Fortunately, the patriarchs were no great threat to a combat-trained Jedi like me. In addition, T7 proved surprisingly good at drawing the beasts' attention away from me.

The matriarchs proved not much different, although they were a little tougher, by now they were no great threat to me.

SWTOR Codex posted:

Horranth

Four-legged reptilian predators found primarily on Tython, horranths typically hunt in large family groups called broods. With their high birth rate, quick maturation and few natural predators, the horranth population is usually constrained only by a limited food supply.

If food suddenly becomes more abundant in a region, a horranth matriarch will lay hundreds of eggs, causing her broods population to explode. As their numbers multiply, the beasts grow bolder and more aggressive. Unchecked, the brood will continue to spread until they finally exceed their food supply, at which point the matriarch will stop producing eggs. Unfortunately, this return to normal population levels typically only happens after the brood has thoroughly devastated the region.

With the Horranth population under control, it was time to eliminate the Flesh Raider threat once and for all. With the maps provided by the Jedi archives, finding the entrance to the Forge proved surprisingly easy.

Hidden behind a waterfall was a cave complex. Said caves linked to an old temple complex, which had been built to protect the Forge. What the Jedi archives failed to mention was that the area around the temple was packed with Flesh Raiders and that not content with their own strength the Flesh Raiders had captured and reprogrammed several Jedi training droids and turned them against us.

Luckily, the droids proved no great challenge to me and I quickly made it through the cave into the temple ruins proper.

The area of the temple was covered in Flesh Raiders, some of the meanest and toughest I had seen but most of them posed no threat. I even took on the Flesh Raiders chieftain and while he was a challenge with the help of my droid companion he didn't prove all that much of a danger.

: Thanks droid, you saved my arse back there.

: Enemy = deleted // T7 = got Jedi's back

beyond the temple stood another cave complex filled with Flesh Raiders. They proved little challenge though and soon i fought my way to the base of the Forge. There I found Bengel Morr; he was busy torturing Master Orgus so he barely noticed my approach until the last second.

: I sensed you coming. Your fear betrayed you. You're weak, like my old master. You will fall, with him.

: What happened to you on Coruscant? Why have you turned against the Jedi?

: Not the Jedi--the sick, spineless cowards that have taken their place. The traitors who let the Sith slaughter millions. You weren't on Coruscant. You never saw our greatest cut down or watched the Temple burn. I escaped that destruction to see my own master surrender to the Sith. They exterminated us, and he gave up.

: That's why you brought Master Orgus here? To make him pay?

: The weak will be sacrificed here to make the Forge stronger.

: The Jedi Order must be reborn from ashes...

Bengel Morr was the greatest challenge I had yet faced, in tune with the force and equipped with a powerful lightsaber he proved difficult to defeat.

Not pictured the embarrassing defeat and subsequent revive of my first attempt

: Thanks, T7. I couldn't have done it without you.

: T7+ Jedi = heroes // T7 + Jedi = good team

Eventually though Bengel Morr lay prone at my feet.

: You've won--why has the force guided me to this defeat. You're stronger than any Jedi I've known. You could redeem the Order and destroy the Sith. I understand. You are the weapon I came to forge.

: You think I am destined to defeat the Empire?

: I'm certain of it; I found my purpose, at last. I have spent a lifetime learning the paths to power. That knowledge is now yours. Let me leave Tython and prepare the galaxy for your ascendance. I will deliver the gifts you need to claim your destiny.

: You don't have a destiny, Bengel. You're sick. You need help.

: Don't deny the truth. Think--how else could you have beaten me?

: I hope you'll appreciate the irony of me killing you.

: You don't have to strike me down. I am your servant now.

: I'll make my own destiny--and you need to die.

At this point Master Orgus came round form the tortures Bengel had been inflicting on him

: Padawan... I must have you to thank for being alive

: I defeated Bengel Morr, Master. He's dead.

: Poor man, He was so lost. The horrors he witnessed on Coruscant--destroyed the gentle Padawan I trained. You, however, faced a challenge beyond any trial I could assign. There's nothing more I could teach you.

: Jedi = big victory // T7 = congratulates Jedi

: All that is left is for you to enter the Forge and construct your own lightsaber.

: What is this place, Master?

: The first Jedi came here to construct their lightsabers millennia ago. It's strong in the force. Normally, we make Padawans gather materials themselves-- but you've proven enough. These are all the physical components--the rest will come from your mastery of the Force.

: T7 = Stay with Jedi + keep guard.

: I'll carry Bengel's body to the Jedi Temple. Meet me there when you're ready.

SWTOR Codex posted:

The Forge
Since the rebuilding of the temple, the very best of the young Jedi have braved the paths through the mountains, hoping to make their first lightsabers at the monument known as the Forge--the ancient Tythonians' site for creating or mending weapons. When the Jedi returned to Tython, they had only scraps of information on the Forges location; it took ten months before a small team finally discovered it, overgrown by vines and half-buried in a landslide.

Despite the Forge's power, many Jedi have sensed a strange darkness or corruption in the region surrounding the Forge. The local beasts are unusually vicious, and the weather often changes without warning. These phenomena mean only the most skilled and combat-ready Padawans are encouraged to seek out the Forge.

Due to gross incompetence technical difficulties on my part, I was unable to get a video of this part of the game. Fortunately, the internet provides: here which is almost identical. I strongly recommend you watch it.

The Forge: [This is the ancient Forge, where millennia of the Jedi have constructed their own lightsabers.]

: This weapon will be a light in the darkness...

Meanwhile...

: Oh, it's on!

Fortunately the monster proved little challenge to a properly armed Jedi and a deadly little droid.

with the monster finally dealt with, it was time to make my way back to the Jedi Temple. First though I had to stop off at the Kaleth base camp

The horranth matriarchs and patriarchs make a distinctive howl and when they mate, and when they die. Heard it echoing throughout the ruins. I've marked fewer of the beasts bounding through the area already. You have my gratitude.

: Their nests were everywhere--"were" being the operative word.

: It's prospects like you that make me proud to serve. Be well.

*One short speeder flight to the Jedi temple later...*

: All right, this is it. You've been tearing through these droids about as fast as I can repair them. But we just received the latest combat simulation data from the republic and combined it with the data we've collected from your earlier fights. It'll be tough, but if you can do this, there'll be nothing more we can throw at you. You'll be fully qualified to lead Republic troops into battle.

* 2 minutes later*

: Unbelievable! To tell the truth, I didn't think it was possible. I think your more than qualified for the job of leading Republic soldiers in battle. Here's you certification. Congratulations. Amazing!

Following this I knew I had no excuse not to report the Jedi Council.

: The Flesh Raiders are still a threat, but without Bengel's leadership, they'll be scattered and ill-equipped.

: This temple could've been devastated. The entire order is in your debt, Padawan.

: We can't give the Flesh Raider's time to regroup.

: Going to war only guarantees more violence. It's better to tighten our defences. Besides we have threats closer to home. Recent developments in the Twi'lek settlement demand a response.

: Their Matriarch, Ranna, betrayed me to Bengel. Reports indicate she still leads the settlement.

: You know the the Twi'leks, Padawan. How do you recommend we proceed?

: The Twi'leks need guidance. We should take charge of their settlement.

: Jedi don't govern others. That kind of power is too easily abused.

: We don't need to govern the Twi'leks-- just keep a close eye on them. Be ready to intervene. This young Jedi saved us all from a terrible threat by defeating an experienced Force user. I see no reason for her to remain a Padawan.

: Your bravery, heroism and sacrifice show great depth of character. You represent our best hopes for the future. You arrived on Tython a Padawan, but you leave a Knight of the Republic. May the Force be with you.

: I am eager to do some good in the galaxy, Send me somewhere I could help out.

: Plenty of trouble spots in the galaxy. We'll find one for you.

: T7= requests permanent assignment to assist Jedi // T7 + Jedi= unstoppable

: The little droid and I have been through a lot. We're a great team.

:hf:

: Then I see no reason why you shouldn't stay together,

: We're getting a priority signal from Coruscant. Its Master Kiwiks....

: Master Orgus... everyone... I've discovered a situation requiring further assistance. Our suspicions about Coruscant were correct. The dark presence we have long sensed is strongest here.

: What could be worse than a fallen Jedi attacking us?

: That's what we need to find out. The security of the entire Republic is at stake.

: This situation calls for our very best. Master Orgus, you and your former pupil should join Master Kiwiiks on Coruscant.

: Come to the Senate tower as soon as you can. Master Kiwiiks out.

: No rest for us, my friend. Complete any unfinished business you have and take a shuttle to Coruscant.

: All I get is a pat on the back and a new mission? I just saved this temple.

: We'll build a Bronzium statue of you--promise. I need to wrap up some things before I go. Meet me on Coruscant.

: Farewell. The Force will be with you--always.

I went and caught the first shuttle off Tython, Unfortunately I neglected to check its destination.

On the way off Tython I checked my emails and found I actually had a response.

pre:
To: R'andayn <Atlasforcepushed@Jedi.ac >
Subject: Atonement. 

I know you wished no further contact with me, 
but I felt it was important that you understand that I am doing everything possible to 
honor the second chance I and my people were given. 
Our betrayal of you and Master Orgus can never be forgiven, 
but I am determined to guide my people towards greater understanding of and cooperation with the Jedi Order. 
Our future on Tython depends on it, and I am not determined to fail. 

Please accept the attached display of our sincerity and commitment to peace with your people. 

Ranna Tao'Ven, Pilgrim Matriarch
End Recording

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 28, 2013