Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Helmet 10 Warehouse
Jul 21, 2007

Update 21: Flick Of The Wrist

Greetings. Last time we saved Knight Flocurt of the Liberation Front from some of Vyce's men. After some discussion we agreed to help him recover a stolen ship in return he will take us to the Arkhaiopolis by sea. Not a bad deal.

We have access to a shop again, and not only that there is new stuff for sale. Most of the weapons and armor are a little worse than the stuff we crafted a while back, but not by much.

There is also a few new spells, like Heal II, are now available. But looking at the level requirements it's going to be awhile before anyone but Catiua can use it.

We also pick up the Swordmaster's War Dances...

...and the Ninja' Ninjutsu scrolls. Both of these work just like the normal arcana both with one major twist.

They require consumable items to be used.

While we're here let's see if there are any unemployed goons hanging around.

Hey look, there's one right now. 2000 Goth is a small price to pay for a new friend.

Of course we have a job all lined up for our newest friend.

With that out of the way let's go see what this place is like when there are no necromancers to deal with.

You'll need more men than that to break what storm and sea have made strong.

"Why are you returned," I guess Bayin is so confused by Folcurt presence he forgot how tenses work.

The pirates close in.

His original idea was to make Bayin ware a giant chicken-suit and then laugh at him into the wee hours of the night. Killing him works too, I guess.

Speaking of chicken (you thought the chicken-suit line was just me making a bad joke but you were wrong, it was the setup for a bad segue) the pirate's rooster features two lizard-tailed Cockatrices.

Unsurprisingly, they have a petrifying breath attack.

Which means that they must die first.

Almost there.

They don't like all this attention so they both take it out on Canopus

Luckily the RNG was being nice and the overgrown chicken used its non-petrifying technique.

Canopus doesn't realize how lucky his is, sometimes.

Prowler, bored out of his mind while standing around trying to not die in one hit, decides to be productive and checks the weather report.

Not too bad just a little rain. I wonder if we can get sports on this thing.

It looks like doomfunk's fire show was strong enough to effect the local weather. It is now reading, "light rain with a chance of burning to death." Mechanically this means fire-based attacks will get a slight damage boost.

Up in the gallows Bayin gets his first turn.

He starts off by attacking his would be killer.

Being a wizard his AI is a little less suicidal than the normal guest.

But the game has taken that in to account. Running the numbers, it looks like the winged Archer will only need two more shots to kill Bayin.

That means we need to get someone up there and fast.

With Canopus on his way, the rest of our forces spend their next turn finishing off the remain Cockatrice.

The second shot.

Bayin is at his limit. One more shot and he's a goner.

Just in the nick of time, Canopus arrives to play hero.

Or not. He leaves the archer standing with 2 HP.

But there is still hope.

Speed is going to determine the winner of this fight, so we check the turn order.

And it looks like the enemy archer is as fast as a rock. We've got this one in the bag.

With Bayin's life out of jeopardy, we can focus on taking care of the rest of the enemy.

They still have some fight left in them, and they also have the nerve to take our stuff.

You know by now what happens to anyone who dare touches our stuff.

The FEAR.

Canopus's charge left him wide open to an axe in the back.

After healing Denam.

Voltare goes to help Canopus.

Bayin takes care of the archer's remaining 2 HP.

Recently, Catiua has been a lot more aggressive about attacking.

In case you have been wondering what Folcurt has been up to this whole time.

He's been running around in circles. I think his AI is set to defended weaker allies and the presences of a Lvl. 1 unit is bugging it out. Either that or he's just a moron. It's anyone guess at this point.

Having failed in his attempt at heroism Canopus tries to save face by attacking this guy.

It's time for Denam to get his dance on.

War Dances for the most part are AOE buffs that ignore enemies.

He pulls out his fan and begins to spin around.

Then, cherry blossoms. Of course.

The whole thing is Japan as gently caress.

Now everyone has received a damage boost to their physical attacks.

Note: Staticpulse also received the buff but the game can only shows one status ailment and he is also stunned.

The buff works on the same rules as the strengthened series of skills so the effect of the buff is a little buggy.

Back up top Voltare prepares to exchange blows with the pirate Darza.

It's a good thing he used Phalanx or that attack might have done double digits.

Darza leaps out of the frying pan...

...and heads straight into the fire.

One last poke to check if he's done.

Yep! He's finished.

Now he's gone and he didn't even get to say, "Arr."

Congratulations

Another crafting book.

So about that boat ride we were promised...

Ahh! It's a transparent seagull. Wait, why is it transparent?

What!? I thought her safely away.

The others are safe. Her alone they took and scurried back to their den. Surely we must rescue her ere we return to Boed.

Folcurt has his priorities straight. I mean Cistina isn't the type to stage a desperate escape attempt that is all but guaranteed to get herself killed... Oh, wait.

Foolishness! You'd as well kill Cistina yourself.

They honored their promise. I owe them no less.

I though Cistina dear to you. Perhaps I was mistaken.

I really like how the game is siding with Folcurt and treating Bayin as an idealistic fool on this one.

Stubborn mule! If you'll not help, perhaps I can appeal to their better nature. You heard my tale. Our friend is taken captive by pirates. No concern of yours, to be sure, but we'll need help if we are to rescue her. What do you say?

Catiua having none of this.

By the time our pleas reached them, it would already be too late.

We are pursued ourselves. Already we've delayed too long. And have we not kept our word? This fortress is fallen, and your ship is yours once more. Sir Folcurt has the right of it. It now falls to him to fulfill his part of the bargain.

You'll be safe once at sea. The Walister cannot give chase. An attack on the pirates now will delay your arrival in Rhime by a scant few days.

Enough, Bayin. She's right, you know.

Yours is the final word, Denam. I would hear your thoughts.

I guess we should go save Forehead, again. There's probably some reward attached.

She can't believe the words coming out of her brother's mouth.

Follow my lead, Sister. The others will understand.

I am in your debt, Denam. You have a kind heart.

I know where the pirates make their den: Ndamsa hold on Deknigos.

I have no idea how to pronounce that. Is the 'n' silent or something.

:toot:??

We received the new title Helpful Spirit for not letting Bayin die and agreeing to help save Cistina. As for saving her part we were just told she is being held at a place called Ndamsa. Where is that, you ask?

On the edge of the loving world, that's where! Good thing we have a boat.

Next time: We journey to the pirate's den.

Warren Report

Folcurt Reeda Lynda
Bayin Rosen Orne
Darza <--- Read this one, it's a doozy and plot relevant.
Matticus Farrell <--- Special thanks to Alkarl for writing this entry.