Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!
Part 15: Crispy Critters

Last time, Keroro and co. defeated a very nice lady who happened to have a connection with Alea, and got directions to the next area.

We still have a few things to pick up before we go, however.

In Mermaid Cove, we get a Miracle Orb for dealing with Ilinx.

And at Port Cordelia...

Remember the crystal weapons? Still too expensive.

But we can finally afford one of the Grade Shop weapons. A small sacrifice in attack for a much-harder-to-get CC boost is worth it.

A new sailing encounter introduces Creeping Jellies, the latest Safe Slime recolor.

On the way to the volcano, Giroro picks up Flame Cross, his second fire spell.

And Keroro gets a more useful spell: Crystal Bit. Great timing, as we'll soon see.

Because here we are!

VIDEO: The Quickest Way

The waterfall's just ahead... so the Undersea Volcano must be somewhere hereabouts.

But the entrance is on the ocean floor. How do we make our way down there?

Aye, here be just the thing for gettin' ye sunk with nary a way o' floatin' back up. First, I'll tie this weight to Sergeant's leg...

Captain Frog moves to Keroro, then each platoon member in turn as he speaks.

Then fasten the rest o' ye to him with this chain...

Gero? I've got a real bad feeling about this...

There! Ye're all set to go!

Now, just imagine that Captain Frog assumes shotput position with Keroro in hand.

Farewell, me hearties! Mayhaps we'll be meetin' again someday! Adios, amigo!

Gero! What are you doing?! GEROOO!

Because he throws everyone overboard.

But Cap'n, the way ye sunk 'em with that weight attached... ain't that what we do to criminals...?

Arrr, there's nothin' like helpin' out yer mateys! Right, swabby?

Well, now that our heroes have plunged into the salty drink, they're as good as...

Oh.

Good gravy, what was he thinking?! Even if we are the best swimmers around, that was just too much!

Now now, Commander. We made it to the Undersea Volcano, didn't we?

He's got a point, Sarge. Things turned out all right.

You guys are way too forgiving.

Next time I see him, I'm gonna give the good Captain a piece of my mind!

Keroro, quit whining and get a move on!

So the briny deep isn't briny at all. It's not like snow mattered, so why should anything else? v:v:v I'm all for letting the plot advance for little exceptions like this, at least.

This merchant is conveniently lost, and also loaded with supplies. I stocked up already, but with him and the nearby healing save spot, there's no reason to get stuck here.

We head into the volcano proper.

Lovely place, isn't it!

Besides lava, there are hot spots welling up into the floor from below.

These act as our first damage tiles. If you walk over them with Keroro as the field leader, you'll take more damage.

It wouldn't be a fire dungeon without fire-based enemies. Thermal Amebas are yet another flavor of Safe Slime.

Heat Balls can cast Flare Bullet, though the damage isn't as scary as it was back when Alea was tossing them.

Here's where Crystal Bit comes in handy. It does pretty decent damage to multiple enemies, doing 200-300 per hit (it looks like it does four-digit damage here, but that's one number popping up over another).

Ice Dust does nicely, too.

More dead things. The Misleader can lick to cause Weakened like the previous ghosts, and Haggard Shadows are our first skeleton enemies. You can only find either in trapped treasure boxes.

A save circle halfway through the winding tunnels helps break up the dungeon a bit.

Giroro is the first to hit the Level 25 milestone, and gets a Codename to go with it.

It's a gag prize, and most of the other milestones aren't much better.

While everyone else gets a construction paper badge for themselves, here's another victory skit worth showing.

VIDEO: Dororo Gets Ignored 2: The Crying Ninja Returns

Tucked at the end of a foot-cooking corridor is the Hizack Guardian.

It's a mass-produced mobile suit that showed up in the Zeta Gundam anime. They're basically a better Zaku.

The Guardian version offers Paralyze Guard as its sole Skill, which is always welcome.

At level 25, Dororo learns Meteoric Cross.

It lets him throw a giant shuriken at the enemy. Also works at long range and in midair.

A monster drops a Flare ROM for Kururu to boost his attack and CC a bit. It also makes his attacks fire-elemental, but it's not a problem as long as he uses attacks and spells that already have a different element.

From here on out it's treasure hunting, so let's begin with the Undersea Volcano's Keparrow:
Bandit Eyedrops
Antidote x2
Giga Battery
Miracle Orb

I found a slab of Raw Meat in this chest. But how... how is it still... :psyduck:

Now this Curry Spice, I can understand. It is a volcano, after all! :pseudo:

I thought this Super Sword was a weapon for Keroro, until I remembered to check the Support screen.

It's Clovis from Dragon Buster, straight from 1984. The game is one of many old Namco titles that serve as Tales series minigames.

Here's Clovis's Vertical Slash in action.

That damage makes him our best offensive Support so far.

End of the road. Out there is a new land, so I'm callin' it an update.

Artes/Skills learned this update:

Keroro
Crystal Bit: Keroro's first decent water spell. Delivers shots of ice across the battlefield to the targeted enemy.

Giroro
Flame Cross: Giroro's second fire spell. It's a nice upgrade from Flare Bullet, even if I don't use his magical Artes much.

Kururu
Money Mallet: Kururu's second Musha Cosplay Arte. Multiplies an enemy's dropped Gold by 1.5, though the effect only works once per battle.

Dororo
Meteoric Cross: Throws a huge friggin' glowing shuriken. Sweet and simple.

Next time, we set foot into the third section of the game world.

Undersea volcanoes: probably not large enough to run around in.

How Ingratiating! fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 25, 2013