Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God

#09. Cities. Cities Don't Change Much.

Music: Virbank City

I didn't.

become Riolu-Man!"

They seem like the sort to just forget you exist entirely so whatever.

Well they do!

Good, I think the fumes are starting to affect me.

What a weird girl. I respect her devotion to her art though. Yeah.

Can you just drive the boat safely?

. . .

Catching the next boat. The one after yours.

Again, you can also never forgive me. You know, for tackling your pig.

. . .

Music: Castelia City

Choro Notes: Now that we've arrived in Castelia City, we're at a point where the game starts to get very same-y with Black/White, since we're in the same towns again. They're not exactly the same but they do re-use a lot of events, music, etc.

WHAT? NO. noooo no no no NO. NO. NOOOOOOOO.

THERE WERE OTHER REASONS FOR NOT REGISTERING YOU, HUGH.

quote:

Choro Notes: Hugh does two things if you call him. He spouts his stupid ideas and slogans and he also tells you what to do next in the plot. He's probably the least useful one to call.

THEN WHY ARE YOU RELYING ON ME?

. . .

Man it's like you get me.

Well alright b—

. . . what am I suddenly an accomplice to?

Choro Notes: This quest exists to get you to go to the new areas in Castelia.

*grumble*

What? Yes.

Oh, you mean the only thing that Geonet does? Yes. Good. Thank you for that. Do you know about Poké Balls? You throw them at things!

- - -

"We had a guy, used to train a buncha Basculin. Three-Bass Warren they called him. Well the Basculin tanks intermixed one night and needless to say now we just call him One-Marill Warren. Guy's touchy about it."

Choro Notes: If you remember Black, this man was the CEO of the company and gave you the EXP. Share for fighting your way to him. Now he just gives it out immediately.

Choro Notes: Again, you can answer whatever and you'll get the hold-item of the appropriate type. For two reasons, one of which will become apparent later, I do not need a Miracle Seed.

Who wantsta know?

Woo.

like hot garbage." Note, he might not actually say this.
Choro Notes: In Black, this guy says his Pokémon wakes him up with Wake-Up Slap, not Uproar.

Alright, let's go. Gotta prove myself. This is a good way to do it. Beating up corporate suits.

Choro Notes: The Scope Lens boosts the critical-hit rate of the monster holding it.

That's not how you use those. You're just gonna give yourself a headache.

Well you're really bad at it!

Choro Notes: Defeating these two, gets you some free balls. Both of these are really useful so!

I am, yeah.

Well actually I coulda just come up at any time. There's nobody on this floor but you and the kid.

Yeah. Let's go.

. . .

Yo, I'm gonna wreck your grandson, hope that's cool.

Choro Notes: Copycat is basically Mirror Move. It will repeat the last move used in battle. It has some handy uses against certain opponents.

Oh I'm sorry, your whole life is what, four years? I'm done wit' this kid.

Beating up children is really helpin' me feel like a big man who can hold his own, yeah. That's a thing I'm feeling and not saying with an ounce of sarcasm.

- - -

Something exciting is probably happening down this alley!

GAH! FUKKEN' BUM!

Choro Notes: This interaction is line for line identical to Black.

interact with one another."
Never thought about it that way.

. . . huh.

Yeah, what of it?

Choro Notes: This cafe still serves the purpose of teaching Meloetta its Relic Song move.

I guess this place really is pretty big.

Yeah ok.

Hey, are you the ones that made that Drill Dozer game? Can you make more of those? Thanks.

What? I guess. Maybe?

Choro Notes: This is Koji Nishino. He's a game designer who's worked on nearly every main series Pokémon game since Red & Green. He was the map designer on this game and the battle designer on Black & White.

Just a nice good SLAP.

Yeah why not?

Choro Notes: Morimoto was a post-game opponent in the original Black/White. Now he can be fought as soon as you meet him! Both he and Nishino can be fought once a day.

Slapping so much today, Mortimer.

- - -

Oh, hey! I can get to Nacrene City this way! The city of art! Yeah, alright!

Ok, thanks, sure.

O-oh . . .
Choro Notes: This doesn't open up until post game. Yup.

Fffffffff . . .

Good attitude, I guess.

. . . It's the middle of winter.

. . . gently caress it I'll take a dozen.

At least they won't melt.

- - -

What'd I just walk into?

Great. I'm out.

Choro Notes: Fennel and Amanita relocated to the old Team Plasma building in Castelia. This is because you don't get to visit Striaton for a long time.

- - -

What else is there to do in this town?

What the hell is a Victini?

Yeah, alright.

Choro Notes: You can visit Liberty Garden whenever you want, no need to have the Liberty Pass.

Choro Notes: However, there's nothing here. If you happen to have Victini in your party, though. It will pop out of its ball and look at things.

*sniff*

Choro Notes: Yup, nothing here.

Oh! Oh!

Well then! I must go to this gym! I know of Burgh! He's really good!

and then he took off!"

. . . . dammit.

quote:

- Busy Saver Medal - A Medal to recognize an energetic journey that has been recorded 20 times.
- Middle Walker - A Medal to praise middle walkers who took 10,000 steps on the land of Unova.
- Trash Master - A Medal for curiosity seekers who checked trash cans even though they knew they were empty.

Chorocojo fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Dec 30, 2013