Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God

#16. Electrified Catwalk

Choro Notes: You actually do have to complete the original gym there before you can challenge the new gym. In addition to that, the ferris wheel is still here.

You have snot hanging from your face.

You're kinda gross.

Wow you are annoying.

Nobody should be afraid of a ferris wheel.

No. No, just bored.

The hell are you doing? Don't shake it!

Girl, way to freak yourself out!

Choro Notes: Who shows up at the Ferris wheel changes depending on your character's gender and on the season.

Bulbapedia posted:

In the Japanese version, the conversations on the Ferris wheel are laced with double entendres. In the Japanese versions of Black 2 and White 2, Nursery Aide Enatsu (June in English) admits to being a man disguised as a woman in order to be a Nursery Aide, but this dialogue is cut from the English games.
Hrmm . . .

- - -

quote:

: s'up?

???: Yes. That's right. I'm the owner of that Xtransceiver.

: Yeah then how are you talking? CHECK.

???: I'm using an old Xtransceiver right now, so it's audio only. Sorry. Thank you for finding it. Uncheck, by the way.

???: Truth is, I want to come pick it up right away, but . . . Right now I'm very busy with work, and I'm not in a place where I can stop and come get it. If you don't mind, could you hang on to it for a little bit?

:Yeah, whatever. It's not like I'm carrying a ton of other poo poo in my bag or anything.

???: . . .

:I mean, yeah I can do it though.

???: Really? You don't mind? Thank you so much. My name's Na . . . Er . . . sorry . . . Yancy.

: Uhhh, it's on the caller ID.

???: Vinny? OK. When work calms down, I'll come pick it up, so please take care of it for me! Also . . . I'm sure you'll want to keep in touch until I can pick up my Xtransceiver. So, I'll call your Xtransceiver often.

:If I don't pick up, assume I'm fighting pirates.

???: Bye, then. Thanks again.

Huh. Familiar voice.

- - -

Audino became really popular a year or two ago.

of time on the Xtransceiver!"

I . . . see. Yes. This is . . . good to know.

- - -

No, you're always here. Big whoop.

"Them models. Never hydrating. Always gotta hydrate, it's the most important thing. Some day you'll thank me for this. Mark my words. Hydration."

and Trainers is starting now!"

Choro Notes: This is the only place in Unova where the Beauty trainer class shows up. They don't appear at all in Black/White.

Choro Notes: Feint Attack has the same base power as Bite but has flawless accuracy; it can't miss. But Bite can cause flinching and really it just fits Mawile more. Sticking with bite!

Choro Notes: Have you noticed the theme of their names yet? The first one's name in Japanese is literally just Tesla.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQnptJE9S8w

Flashy.

Music: Battle! Vs. Unova Gym Leader

Choro Notes: Elesa
Elesa changed her outfit! It makes sense. You know, because fashion. She's fairly tough as a gym leader because she still uses her Volt Switch strategy from black/white. The difference is on challenge mode she has a fourth monster.

Choro Notes: I would love to use Gluu's Mud Bomb here but Emolga flies and is therefore immune to Ground-type moves.

Choro Notes: Volt Switch is a special Electric-type move that hits the opponent and then switches the user out. It can be obnoxious and is here!

Dazzling is a good word to describe the participants in this battle, yeah.

O-oh.

I feel like you're cheating!

Nnngh Alright. Alright.
Choro Notes: It is worth pointing out: Elesa's Zebstrika is seven levels higher than my strongest duder.

Choro Notes: The only difference between Elesa's Flaaffy between normal and challenge mode is it's two levels higher in Challenge mode.

I see. I see.

Alright, then.
Choro Notes: The only difference in Zebstrika's moveset is it has Stomp in challenge mode rather than Quick Attack.

Choro Notes: Which means it still has Flame Charge to deal with Grass-types. It just happens to ruin up Steel-types too.

Choro Notes: I'm really glad that happened. Zebstrika also has a Sitrus Berry and Elesa has a Hyper Potion. This saves me a lot of trouble

poo poo. Hey yeah just confuse my lil dude who's having muscle spasms. Sure. You're a real role model.

Choro Notes: Elesa does not normally have a Joltik, it's challenge mode exclusive. It's packing a nasty surprise if you try to use Ground-types: Energy Ball.

HOW DO YOU HIT YOURSELF?

Boy I wish any of my guys could learn that! Sure woulda been great!

Ughghghghghghghhhhh

That's fine. That's fine. Keep doing that.

Don't look over here. We're talking about lava.

Hey yeah that's super. Look my fire duck thing is alive.

That's getting to be a tad bit annoying. Not as annoying as the Volt Switching, but it's up there.

. . . Yes. That'll do nicely, thank you Caldra.

Please feel limber, please feel limber.

Yeahhhhhhhhh, tactical.

Music: Victory is Right Before Your Eyes!

Well that's a right idea, yeah.

Choro Notes: Gonna point out, Mortimer and Caldra are my only dudes still kickin' and neither are in good condition.

Choro Notes: Emolga does not have this Sitrus Berry normally.

EAT IT, YA SKINNY BOX KITE OF A WOMAN.

drat FUCKIN' RIGHT.

Take this!"

"If you shine with an inner light, all that surrounds you will be illuminated by it!"

gently caress that, I'm out.

gently caress yes. I have an entourage and it's full of models.

MY LIFE IS RULING FOR THESE, LIKE, FIVE MINUTES.

quote:

Heavy Walker - A Medal to praise heavy walkers who took 20,000 steps on the land of Unova.
Moderate Customer - A Medal for rich people who spent P10,000 at various shops.