Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Helmet 10 Warehouse
Jul 21, 2007

Update 42: You And I

Welcome back. Last time we broke through the outer walls of Dark Knight’s stronghold, Phidoch Castle.

Now, all that’s left is to enter the Great Hall.

It appears that no one is around.

After looking around Denam spots a familiar face.

Hey, Catiua is back and she looks cooler for some reason.

You can just hear the sarcasm in this line.

What are you doing!?

A voice calls out from above.

Lanselot!?

Ozma is here, too.

Glad to see you still live, Ozma.

Sir Balxephon awaits you without.

The hour grows late. Take whoever's left and leave the castle.

Catiua!

Leave this one to me. The princess must be kept safe!

The better part of valor is discretion. Come, Catiua. We leave at once!

Catiua and Lanselot leave.

A ragtag group takes up position on the staircase.

While four Templars file into the room from the opposite direction.

They’re lead by Oz.

Either will suffice, I should think. It will make a fine gift for your sister - a pendant, perhaps a brooch. How fitting. I'm told you only have eyes for her.

Ozma’s incredibly low RT gives her the first turn. Even with her speed it will be a while before she can reach us.

Twins? Yes, you have his look... Do you share his vulgar nature besides?

I hope you enjoyed that insult... It will be your last.

I guess even Ozma doesn’t like to be compared to Oz. Can’t blame her.

On the other hand Oz is in the perfect position to go after Denam before he can move.

But doing so isolates him from the rest of his forces. With the way the enemies are placed we need to take out Oz and his Templars before Ozma and her forces arrives. If they were to join forces their speed and numbers could overwhelm us.

Denam makes a slight mistake here by moving to the right to attack this Templar.

Also, by the way this jerk is a cleric.

For this fight we brought Cerya along since she has some extra dialog. We haven’t had time to work with her yet, so she only has the skills she joined with. However, she can still hold her own.

Now there's a woman with flint in her voice and fire in her eyes! 'Twould be a pity to scar such a lovely face. Perhaps I'll cut your feet off at the ankles instead. Wouldn't want you running off before the real fun begins!

You had your chance to kill me, but you let if pass. A fatal mistake!

You do not quail. I like that in a woman. It's not too late, you know. Surrender now, and I will spare your life. House Glacius is an ancient and noble line. As our meanest servant, you would be worth ten commonfolk.

If only you fought half as well as you spoke!

On second thought, I'll start by plucking out your tongue.

How it must shame you, Cerya, when all who called you friend are dead!

Do you think me a fool? My people were prepared to die. The shame would be in letting their deaths be in vain. I will not rest until you burn in hell!

As I said Oz is our first target. We have to take him ASAP.

About that mistake I mentioned earlier. By moving Denam to the right we put him into range of the archers.

That Templar Denam attack earlier jumps in as well.

Oz and his Templars aren’t our only concern. The Hydra attempts to take down Staticpulse. Despite the extra heads Hydras aren’t any better than dragons. In fact they’re a little weaker in my opinion.

Even though we are aiming for Oz we can’t be stupid about it. Charging straight forward right now will only get Prowler killed. So we check Oz’s movement range and move Prowler to a place from where he can strike next turn. It's okay to hold Ninjas back for a turn if you are worried about them taking too much damage. Ninjas don't really need a lot of TP and they can generate it really fast once they start attacking.

Oz is very chatty.

Return her to me, and speak no more of what we have "in common"!

If only you could hear yourself! "Return her to me! Return her to me!" Ha ha ha! Yes, I might beg as you do, in your place. I feel a lump in my throat just thinking of it.

You wound me, sister! Have I not always been devoted entire to you?

Oz’s spellcasting might make things difficult because it will allow him to attack form a safe distance.

But it’s Oz, so he just moves forward anyway.

Cake attack gives Denam some much needed HP. Then, more talking.

What have you done with my father!?

What nonsense is this?

The boy is Abuna Prancet's son.

Is that right?

You have Mannaflora! What do you need my father for? Tell me where you've taken him!

You don't know, do you? He lives, yes, but...

What have you done to him!?

We only loosened his tongue, so to speak.

You're beasts, all of you!

Denam rushes in.

It’s never good when an enemy’s counterattack, that only does 50% damage, hits harder than your regular attack.

The Wizard in red stuns three of our dudes.

And their Cleric heals Oz.

From up above the Archers set their sights on Hobyrim.

Another one for Ozma’s group makes it into melee range. Followed by even more talking. Once Oz starts his next turn.

But we have enough force to meet them.

Canopus does his anti-cleric duties.

Pain and agony are a rare dish. Better to serve than be served!

We must buy time for the high champion and Balxephon to escape the castle!

Just like in our last encounter, Oz goes after Hobyrim.

Unfortunately for Hobyrim this puts him at such low HP that any enemy he can reach would kill him with a counterattack. To make matters worse he doesn’t even have Field Alchemy. I figured he didn’t need it because if he need to use healing items then I was doing something wrong. I guess I did something wrong.

The Hydra spews poison on Staticpulse and Cake Attack.

On Prowler's next turn, our positioning pays off as he is in striking distance of Oz, but Prowler’s attack does more than just damage Oz.

To counter Oz has to turn his back on Denam.

And Denam wastes no time on this one, and really who can blame him.

Help me... sister...

Forgive me, Oz. I will soon join you in that darkest land. But I will not go alone!

This fight isn’t over yet.

Ozma is our next target and to get to her we have to go through her forces.

Plus, most of the Templars still remain.

Gildas and Leal take out the templar mage with a nice one-two punch.

This time the archers go after Denam.

As does Ozma.

Buluru goes to attack but stumbles.

Staticpulse finishes off the Hydra.

Of course by moving to attack the Hydra he left the enemy Terror Knight unattended, but it’s nothing doomfunk’s fire spells can’t handle.

This one Templar is giving everyone a hard time. He’s defending himself well using Rampart Shadow.

But we have ways of dealing with that.

Prowler moves to finish off an enemy.

This puts him right into Ozma’s path.

The enemy Witch finally decided to join the fight.

She and the Archers go after Hobyrim this round.

There’s no time to deal with them. Ozma is in our sights, so it’s time to end this.

Staticpulse circles around her. She’s trapped.

And Arycelle finishes her off.

That is it for the twins Oz and Ozma on the chaos route.

Congratulation

Click here or above for video covering the rest of the update.

Let me go! Please! Don't kill me!

Kneel, child. Pray to the Great Father.

Great Father Philaha. Forgive the sins of this, your child.

I did as he ordered, no more! Please, I don't want to die!

The camera pans up, and then…

End of Chapter 3.