Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God

#24. Progress then Backup

Music: Unova Route 6 - Spring/Summer

A pirate ship. Of COURSE a pirate ship gets involved. A pirate ship with ninjas. Great. GREAT.

Choro Notes: Once again, there is a breeder on this route. The B2W2 trait of getting re-flagged to challenge when you leave the route is obnoxious. More importantly! Do you see the Hidden Grotto?

Choro Notes: Great. The rare monster in this grotto is the admittedly easy to find Dunsparce. Dunsparce is also just found in rustling grass on an earlier route as well as here on Route 6! Dunsparce's hidden ability is Rattled. You're better off with Serene Grace, really. . .

Choro Notes: Wild Castform can be found on this route in the shaking grass.

Choro Notes: When weather changes, Castform changes form and type. This one took advantage of the rain and its new water-type to . . . use Ember. Honk.

- - -

Oh jeez. Here Jawnie, you answer it.

quote:

???: Hi . . . Is this Vinny?
: Myeh?
???: . . .
: Mweh.
???: Really? So you like Steel-type Pokémon, Vinny?
: Mwyehhhhh.
???: Many of them are cute, aren't they?
: M-Myeh?
???: . . .
: . . .
???: Oops! My colleague is calling me. I have to get back to work! Good-bye.
: Well? She say anything of note?
: Mweh.

- - -

Choro Notes: If you remember this route from the previous game, you know that some of the items scattered around . . .

Choro Notes: . . . are really Foongus.

Music: Cheren's Theme - B2W2 Version

Whatup, C?

Oh god it smells like deer in here.

Well that's not that bad.

Ok, yeah, no. I was wrong, that's bad.

and Driftveil City."

Yeah, there's no way they aren't connected.

Geh!

Yeah, Yeah I've noticed. Peace out.

- - -

I'm good. This whole room smells like deer. I will never get this scent out of my brain.

Choro Notes: The Deerling is special in that it has its hidden ability, Serene Grace.

It's got a good color. Kinda wanna paint one of these.

of how Pokémon evolve."
Never heard of 'em. Never met a Professor, to be honest. Just that weird Bianca girl.

- - -

Choro Notes: The only monster I have that can learn Surf at the moment is Azurill. We'll teach it that and try to get something . . . well, better. In the mean time I can do this!

Yup! Glad I did that!

I look ridiculous.

Wh—

. . .

What in the gently caress just happened?

Rood what just happened? Am I some sort of chosen one? Why did its legs move like that? Is it wearing boots?

What? No. You must have me confused with some other handsome person.

You're not answering ANY of my questions, Rood.

people started . . ."

to dire consequences for their world."

Hey that's what my question was a minute ago!

Is it me? Am I the problem? It's not my Mawile is it? I mean she's an rear end in a top hat but—

warping the lives of all it touches . . . "

Man that thing has horns and a moustache. It is way more qualified to solve this than I am.

on your journey.
Nnngh.

- - -

. . . cute.

Choro Notes: This kid gives you a Shiny Stone in Black/White as well! Which is all well and good because THIS time!

Drawing by Drake Lake & CowsGoMoose

- - -

Choro Notes: The Fling TM's back here now. Well enough. Never really used this.

Oh you're cool looking. I like the black on red on green. Enough so that . . .

Your name is Redjru and you are replacing this tiny, armless mouse that is pulling me around.

Choro Notes: There's something of note here! Do you see it?

Route 6 is odd because it has TWO hidden grottos.

Choro Notes: Great. The rare monster in this grotto is Nosepass. Nosepass's hidden ability is Sand Force. Good luck!

Choro Notes: As for the cave?

Choro Notes: Mistralton Cave's only things of note in Black2/White2 are Axew, the Rock Slide TM and Aron. Cobalion no longer appears within it and aside from the TM and the monsters only found there, it's entirely negligible. Meanwhile, while we have Surf now. Let's backtrack to a previous area!

Music: Virbank Complex

Choro Notes: Remember how I said you could re-access the Sewers from Relic Passage?

Choro Notes: In Spring and Summer, the sewers fill with water and these barriers become floating platforms.

Choro Notes: And with Surf you can get to areas you couldn't before. The whole area is a winding maze full of Zubat, Rattata and Grimer. Wonderful.

Choro Notes: The Torment TM is in here but, like Fling, it's pretty substandard.

Choro Notes: You can get a Black Sludge here without farming the Grimer for it. It functions like Leftovers for poison-types, it restores HP each turn if a poison-type holds it, but does the opposite to non-Poison types.

That raises . . . questions.

Choro Notes: Towards the northwest corner of the sewers you can find an exit to a new area:

Urban decay. Reminds me of home.

Oh yeah, definitely like home.

Whoa whoa whoa. You wanna go? We can go. We can go all day if you want! Let's go!

Music: Unova Trainer Battle

Oh I'm gonna!

Lookit ya' ya lot with ya' uggo shoes.

Ya place is already trashed!

'Ey you! Broad with the guitar. You th— hold on.

You the leader of this get up?

drat right!

Simple as that. Shoot, I'm not even sure what came over me there.

Whoa whoa whoa, let's not go crazy here.

Little J's second-in-command.

quote:

Television Kid - A Medal given to today's children who get absorbed in television and can't help watching it.
Castelia Boss - A Medal for those who became the leader of the pack in Castelia City.
Magikarp Award - A Medal to praise the guts of Trainers who kept using Splash no matter what.