Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Snugglecakes
Dec 29, 2008

:h: :glomp: :h:

Glazius posted:

Forgetting to tag skills before a training session will never get old.

Have we seen any of those "unpickable" Webber locks so far?

I don't think so, unless you want to count the gate to the palace in Chapter 1. That, and there is a house in Eggley that are key only.

Schwartzcough posted:

Wasn't the whole point of getting the sidequest from the temple to get cured? Why bother doing it now if you're already better?

You get brownie points with Eortis, since you are doing that god a favor.

Psion posted:

Well, Archives are functioning again (slowly) so you could go that route if you want to catch up. Snugglecakes, how are you getting old posts into the sslp tester - tell me you aren't having to do that by hand, right? Right? :(

I can't 'edit' old posts on the archived thread, so I can't just grab out my posts, so it requires a little bit of work to go back and then grab the screenshot image, etc... I've been meaning to do it a little bit at a time but I've been lazy. I'll get back to that soon since it doesn't take too long to grab and fix up one of those old posts.

Update 40: Owyn has a seizure.

Last time we scared the bejesus out of Joftaz in Silden, and then took a romantic boat ride to the isle of Eortis, where we were we told we could curry the favor of :cthulhu: by exterminating bands of Rusalki, who are very stubbornly refusing to actually die. After that, we met a Keshian Hobo who picked an unpickable webber lock causing James' brain to explode.

We pick up from there, on our way to Lyton. But first...

A hint! After killing the poo-pirates who disease you outside of Silden, there is a chest that contains this note to Mr. Crawler. I had forgotten to pick it up before, but given that we know from already going to Romney that we need a seal to get inside the place, we'll have to head to this wherever this barn is to get such a seal for ourselves.

Milling about the southern region nearby Silden also nets us this encounter, but it is has something special about it.

Which, you know, I would love to do and tried to do, only to get this message when I ended up taking a few steps away from them.

Go ahead and pick your favorite belch noise from here: http://www.soundsnap.com/tags/belch

Crenard must be the fancy yellow-pants rogue magician. He is also really bad at keeping a secret, letting us know straight away who is he working for.

I'm not going to lie, I love using Skyfire, even moreso then I do throwing oversized fireballs at people.

The battle goes as quickly as you'd expect it to.

Not too far away from the bandits location are two inns, but if we head into the grove, we find a cache of treasure chests.

"Claws like a cat, Crooked as a snake's kiss, patch together your guesses. You won't guess this."

Wordlock Combination Letters posted:

T H I U R S
C L E T D T
O R S A S E
B E A R O H

I think this one is one of the more difficult riddles present in the game. I remember this one specifically from when I played the game years ago and being unable to ever figure it out even with the help of other people.

The prize isn't anything to write home about. Gold is always nice though, and if you weren't training lockpick up to ridiculous levels, then the keys are a good addition as well.

"Who works when he plays and plays when he works?"

Wordlock Combination Letters posted:

B S R O
A O T T
R A S N
F R U D

This one is, I think, probably one of the easiest ones in the game.

The prize fits the puzzle.

Anyway, chest puzzles solved, let's check out these inns.

:stwoon:

I'm not sure what the game is talking about here, there seems to be something very wrong with the face of the woman in the middle.

"G-g-g-ghosts?"
"Ruh-roh"

:what:

A total price hike by the innkeeper here. I think that we would have found out a little bit more about this if we didn't blunder into a fight with Crenard the Belcher.

We leave this inn and head to the next one, which is literally 10 paces away, to find that while their prices are also artificially high, it isn't as bad as the other place.

"But this place is a total sausage fest."

That, and we don't really need to rest anyway. Silden isn't that far away and it'd be much cheaper there anyhow.

Going back now to where we started, we push on towards Lyton.

The little side path here is worth taking, because if we try to actually head into town...

We get accosted by a bunch of thugs. Now, at this point you can say you aren't going to pay, and then try to go into town anyway which triggers a fight, with I think six or seven of them. They aren't too tough, but you don't get any of the treasure on their bodies. The fight is repeatable as well, but I don't think their health regenerates.

I'm not interested in fighting them right now though. We instead head up the small side path.

We stop at this innocent looking house. Surely it must belong to a farmer, right?

Hah, nope! It belongs to the lord. Good luck figuring that out your first time playing this. As you can see, we are given a sidequest here to bring Lord Lyton 6 sets of Kingdom Armor, which are aplenty, though they take up a lot of space in our inventory, so I might be doing that later on after I have a chance to dump off some stuff in Krondor.

"Wait... we're going back to Krondor?"

"YES! RETURN TO KRONDOR!"

"What... Who said that?"

"COME ONNNNN! DO ITTTT! You know you want to." :getin:

No.

Well, we'll see. Maybe later.

"Muwha ha! My evil plan begins at last!"

From Lord Lyton's shack, we can dart across towards the town without getting spotted by the tax collectors. There isn't much going on in the town though.

Stopping at their inn, which is completely unremarkable, and talking to a random dude there pulls up that conversation, which gives a pretty strong hint as to who we are looking for in getting a seal.

We could go west to get a seal, but in the spirit of this LP which has involved not doing what you are supposed to do, we are going to go south instead.

Yup. We'll make our way to Malac's Cross, which is a neat little city with an interesting sidequest.

As we draw near to the city itself, we take a detour down a mysterious path. What will we find? :iiam:

"No... I'm not feeling brave."

"Aw, c'mon. What's the worst that could happen?"

"See. It's a Grey Dragon. Nothing to be worried about, little buddy."

"I... did not get my SpaghettiOs... I got spaghetti. Blargh" :gibs:

"You were expected, friends."

"CHRIST ON A CRACKER!" :stonk: "Er.. I mean.."

"Me?"

"At journey's end you shall not be as you are nor may you turn back the way you have come. The times ahead of you will be filled with hardship and many times you will believe yourself far less significant than you truly are. In the days to come, you may stand at a critical juncture between Rythar and Mythar and if that comes to pass you should know this: A time comes for all things to die..."

"What does that mean? Who are Rythar and Mythar?"

"I can explain in no measure more as you yet understand your world. In years and in wisdom you will come to me again and a great destiny will be upon you by then. You will be ready for the fullness of truth on that distant day. Until such time, you may consult me on other matters."

"Tales say that dragons know their own destinies, but I had not heard that they knew the destinies of others."

"I am no dragon though I wear a dragon's skin. I am the Oracle of the Aal and I am the last of my race. I am ancient, older than dwarf or elf, older than dragons and older than the Valheru who were their masters. Stars that at my birth flamed with violent power have long grown cold, expired. All these things I have seen and farther yet I see into the things that might be."

"You can see the future?"

"I can glimpse things that may be. Such was the gift given to all those of my race."

"A moredhel travels with us named Gorath. Is he what he says he is? Can we trust him?"

"He is not what he names himself to be, though even he may not know the lie of his heart. He will be a strong ally unto you and I believe he may even be a champion to the kin who now curse his name. A great destiny awaits him should he have the courage to renounce his pain."

"Gorath has told us of a moredhel leader, Delekhan. Will he cross the Teeth of the World and attack the Kingdom?"

"Delekhan will never cross the boundary between the Kingdom and the Northlands, but through treachery he will strike a blow against both the Kingdom and his own Nations of the North."

"Can't you be more specific? Where is he going to strike? What is the nature of this treachery?"

"I do not see futures as you imagine, but futures as they perhaps can be. I know only that Delekhan engineers a deceit with six magicians and that it concerns the fate of the Kingdom."

"Huh. You'd think I'd drill you for more answers, but surprisingly, I won't. So, uh.. see you, I guess?"

Elsewhere...

"He's been out for a little while now... Kind of getting bored."

"Let's give him a few more minutes before we drag him to that temple we passed by on the way here."

"Wha.. I'm awake? Oh hey guys, you wouldn't believe what happened to me! I talked to a dragon!"

"Rightttt.."

"Of course you talked to the Dragon, Owyn. Gorath and I were doing the same thing. Hey Grey Dragon, why did you scare our little buddy like that? You meanie you."

"No, you rear end in a top hat, it was an Oracle, who said... Oh nevermind." :sigh:

See you next time!

Snugglecakes fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 7, 2015