Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God

#25. Corky

Now that we've gone back through man-made caves, let's check out a real one.

Music: Chargestone Cave

Oh. Hey Bianca.

Huh. I wonder why they float.

. . . o-oh.

. . . I didn't think she'd actually know.

Choro Notes: Chargestone Cave is largely unchanged from Black/White. All of the monsters previously found here still live here plus only one more:

Choro Notes: It's Nosepass. Nosepass lives here (and will evolve into Probopass if leveled up here)

Choro Notes: Aaaand gems still appear in the dust clouds here. If a monster holding a gem uses a move that matches the gem's type, the move's power is boosted by 50%, consuming the gem.

member of my band!"
Is it you?

I- I mean, I wasn't. That came off really real—

Welp. Gonna just hurl myself into one of these electrified chasms.

- - -

Choro Notes: More of N's Pokémon appear here, specifically The ones he used to battle Haley here in Chargestone Cave: Boldore, Joltik, Ferroseed and Klink.

Choro Notes: The game is also very good about just giving you Max Repels early on in caves. Such a kind thought.

I feel like this is gonna make my hair frizz ou— oh.

Choro Notes: If you haven't cleared the PWT, this bridge is being repaired and Bianca is waiting to pass.

. . . ?

friend that I have to stop!"

. . . There's nobody here. Huh.

- - -

Yeah let's see what you got Corky!

Oh my god, your name is really Corky. I'm sorry, guy. poo poo.

Choro Notes: This is a Triple Battle, there's also an Ace Trainer who will engage in a Rotation Battle lower in the cavern's levels.

Choro Notes: I get to show off Flame Burst's additional effect finally! When Flame Burst hits a target in multiple battles . . .

Choro Notes: . . . the flame splatters over and hits monsters surrounding the target. It's just a little bonus.

drat right!

Man I'm glad I'm not named Corky.

- - -

Hm?

. . .

Is this a trick?

Is THIS a trick?!

Yeah, no poo poo.

D-did you make this?!

ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF MY ACCENT? YOU'RE DEAD.

- - -

Choro Notes: Aqua Tail is just a strong physical Water-type move which is perfect for Basculin.

That . . . seem's really messed up, doc.

FIX MY DUDES.

Choro Notes: This doctor's placement is odd. He's mostly just here because there was one here in Black/White and because after this point there were a bunch of Team Plasma encounters. Spoilers: There aren't any of those ahead.

Hey I wonder if you're angry enough to beat that electric zebra.

No, but so close. An Aqua Jet will finish it though.

Choro Notes: This move is essentially useless on Basculin outside of multi battles. It makes the target a water-type. i.e. Resistant to Basculin's own-attacks.

Choro Notes: Speaking of useless moves! Remember Defog and how it was an HM in Gen4? Yeah now some random birds learn it. It's just as near useless. In FACT, It's even worse because now it can't hit monsters hiding behind substitutes and can be reflected if your opponent uses Magic Coat. This is a move that lowers your target's evasion and also removes entry hazards from the opponent's side of the field and they made it worse.

Oh. Tynamo? Yeah I saw some down below.

. . .

. . . well bye!

Can't help but feel like something should have happened today.

But it didn't!

Chorocojo fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jun 23, 2014