Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

The next morning, we're off to the Albert mansion to... be apologized to. Look, Jessica's clearly our third party member and she's probably pumped about finding the same guy we're after so she should be joining us!

"Oh! Are you here to see Miss Jessica, too? She's otherwise engaged at the moment. I should leave her to it if I were you.

Let's bug them anyway.

Have a nice life!

Lorenzo is voiced just this once. It really adds to his foppishness.

: "Are you entirely bereft of compassion!? Will you not mourn your own brother's death!?"

"But all you can think of is tradition and family obligations! I'm talking about avenging his murder!"
: "Avenging...? You will stop this foolishness this instant! You are a young lady, not a warrior!"

"Our family's way? Who cares about our family's way!?"

"That's why my mind is made up. I don't care about the consequences. I'm going to make Alistair's murderer pay."
: "..."

Jessica takes disowning rather well.

Several seconds pass...

Enough time for Jessica to put on an enitrely new outfit.

"Are you really leavin', Jessica?"
"Yeah. I am. And I want you two to watch over the village while I'm gone."

"(Sob, sob...! Sniff...)"
"Come on. Chin up. Your mission guarding my room is over. I want you to patrol outside from now on!"
"Yes, sir!"

The kids run off.

Jessica storms off after this line.

Since the kids aren't guarding her room, it's open for pillaging now.

The only item of note in here though is the outfit Jessica was just wearing. She can equip it to...

Wait where is she she should be in my party now

wait she's probably downstairs or at the town gates or something yeah that must be it

No she's not there. Uh.

Oh goddammit Jessica why won't you just join the team?

The tower gave enough gold to finally complete armor upgrades, and not a moment too soon.

Trode is still on Dhoulmagus. Oh, right, theoretically we're still chasing him.

Yangus has like fifteen different things to say about Jessica in the span of five minutes.

The way to Port Prospect is the prong of this fork that doesn't lead to the tower.

Or is it branch? It's a fork in the road and forks have prongs, but that just sounds so silly...

Thread challenge: What should I call the different parts of a fork in the road?

To the south is the ocean. Unlike around Farebury, it's not sheer cliff either.

Perfect for exploring! Port What-spect?

Man o' wars have paralyzing attacks, despite sharing a model with healslimes.

A chest on the beach!

Wait it's one of the two seeds I can't just use willy nilly for Reasons.

I forget if See Urchins have tricks because

Yabbies are goddamn brutal. And they act twice a round.

They very quickly disembowel Eight.

TACTICAL RETREAT! Eight's guts are already missing so what's the problem with leaving the rest of him there?

Luckily having a few Chimera Wings in the bag means we aren't totally boned!

My friend is loving dead can't you just put it on a tab?

Gee, we're lacking someone who can handle magic attacks. It's almost like there was a character who was introduced by flinging magical fireballs who has yet to join.

Near the port are the two new enemies. They're pallete swaps.

Spiked Hares just psyche up.

Jailcats are wizards somehow.

Crack hurts this early on. Jailcats are the most threatening things here.

Besides Yabbies.

But we don't want to talk about Yabbies. :gonk:

Seventeen points at level 10. Just keep this in mind for a bit.

The other chest is the other seed I can't use for Reasons. Bloody hell.

Finally, we get to Port Prospect.

Wisdom relates to the damage of magical attacks. I could explain it if anyone in the team had a magical attack.

Well #3, you got gold?

"Why don't I go back to the sea? Well, it's not that simple. That's why I'm so confused! It's the boss... He's the greatest boss in the whole ocean, but he's been acting all weird lately. He always used to be so nice, but now he's angry all the time. He's scaring the scales off everyone! He even chased me away just because I was salivating a bit over his food!"

This lady tells us about skills. As in, she vaguely describes what they do and tells us how many points we are away from the next bonus, like how I'm one from Power Throw.

So the ferry had one really really weird trip and has not moved since.

'One night, weak and weary, as I trod through wasteland dreary, I chanced upon the ruins of an ancient ship. Why was it abandoned so far from the sea? I was never able to determine a satisfactory answer, and in fact ponder the question to this very day. Could ancient ships sail on land as well as sea? My wonder at this fateful and mysterious discovery will never cease.'

The weapon shop has the first spear and scythe. Buying the spear here is a bad idea, and the scythe costs a fucktillion gold.

I need three.

I wonder how they afford this entire place?

This old lady sighs wistfully about some weirdo.

The main form of transport from two major landmasses is owned by the Alberts. No wonder they're rich.

You already look shady as hell so what could the problem be?

The main form of transport from two major landmasses, one of which has a major religious establishment. This is what we call recognizing a niche.

Half a brain

"My apologies, Miss Jessica, but the waters are simply too dangerous at the moment..."
"Haven't you been listening? I TOLD you I'd take care of that!"
"Please forgive me, Lady Jessica! There'd be hell to pay from the Albert family if we put you in danger!"

She looks around for a second before...

"Ah! Speak of the devil!"

"I wanted to properly apologize to you! Well, whatever. I'm glad you're here now. Actually, I have a favour to ask. Would you mind comnig over here for a minute?"

"Well, yes, but... But, I mean..."

S-sturdy?

"Er... Oh, well... Actually, we've been looking for someone to take on that very job ourselves!"

I don't think the game's going to go anywhere if we don't.

"I knew I could count on you. I still cn't get what we saw in the tower out of my mind. Who is this Dhoulmagus, and what does he want? And why did he murder my brother? I'll track him to the ends of the earth. But first, we've got to make the waters safe for ships to sail."

"I'll be waiting here. Come back as soon as you're ready."

You have no idea, Yangus.

You have no idea.