Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
Hilariously enough, their plan to use a second, presumably more developed bomb isn't actually all that bad. I mean, let's look at their choices here:

1. Certain death.

2. Let the hostile major and minor (Kei and Rand) singularities butt heads with your only one (Olson) and hope Olson wins.

3. Detonate the second bomb and hope for the best.

If Olson turns out to be a bit reluctant about killing Kei, he has no real hope of beating him in a pure battle of wills; especially with Rand in the mix. Olson, however, wouldn't want to risk doing something as dangerous as killing the Terran's best hope at survival without a serious back-up plan; thus, telling him that they plan on using the bomb regardless is the best way both to get Olson to focus and to figure out if he really has what it takes to save their whole race. If Olson fails, then taking the slim chance at survival with the bomb is better than the no chance they think they face with Kei.

On top of all that, killing Kei is a good experiment; I seriously doubt they've killed any singularities yet, so doing so may teach them something new, or maybe even fix the problem!

Also, I don't have Photoshop, so I did this in Paint. I've forgotten why.