Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God

#36. And Then Things Took a Turn

Music: Opelucid City - Black Version
Choro Notes: Opelucid still has the same gimmick it did in Black/White. Future-y tech city in Black2, Old-fashioned city in White2.

Oh, it's you.

Is he the one who wrestles dragons?

Then y—

Yes. Yes I'm here for that.

Her of all people.

- = =

Choro Notes: There is legit not much changed in Opelucid.

but was he really the hero?"
Who knows?

Choro Notes: At some point in the last two years, possibly as the result of a stupid loving drill castle erupting from the planet's crust, there was a landslide that destroyed the only cool Victory Road in the series. As such, Route 10 is completely blocked off.

- - -

recognized as the hero . . ."
Why am I hearing a lot more about this N guy all of a sudden?

but I wonder where they are now.
Are they passing along their ancient knowledge to someone?"
Choro Notes: Oh, right, we are supposed to be telling a story or something in this game. Let's get all this out there now. Suddenly.

Choro Notes: Iris says to head to Route 9 mostly so you don't forget it's there.

visited Opelucid City . . ."
Choro Notes: :I

Choro Notes: The only encounter change on Route 9 is now Muk can appear.

Choro Notes: In addition, the Challenge Cave has caved in.

Choro Notes: As for the Tubeline Bridge . . .

many people it can hold!"
So just add me to the count. That's all, right?

. . . what?

Choro Notes: There's also a Hidden Grotto out here. The rare monster is Bouffalant with the Soundproof ability.

- - -

Mmmmmmmmmmm . . .

quote:

???: Hi . . . Is this Vinny?
: It's always Vinny.
???: . . . Really? Battles? You do those often, Vinny?
: Uhhhh, anyone who goes outside does. It's crazy outside.
???: Can we do that when we have a chance to? Battle?
: Well. I mean. Yes. Probably!
???: . . . Oops! MY colleague is calling me. I have to get back to work! Good-bye."
. . . what just happened there?

- - -

Choro Notes: Shopping Mall Nine's still here. Still doing what it do.

Choro Notes: Aside from being multiple shops, you can buy the Giga Impact and Hyper Beam TMs here, as well as change Rotom's form in the backroom.

- - -

So basically what I'm thinking, is keep up with this until I hit the wall and then they'll leave me alone and I can focus on my craft.

Yeah I know, I know. Hydrate.

You are a man of convictions, Clyde. I will give you that.

They ain't look like any dragon I've ever seen.

Choro Notes: The way this gym works is pretty simple. Beat this guy and you'll have an option between the next guy you fight.

Choro Notes: Every trainer in here has a Fraxure and then maybe a Druddigon or an Axew.

Choro Notes: Basically this!

Choro Notes: The other trainer ALSO uses a Druddigon, however instead of Rough Skin it has Sheer Force as its ability, and it's holding a Dragon Gem instead of the Rocky Helmet. Offense, you see.

Choro Notes: Simple enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8oXSgKVnMc
Choro Notes: It's an impressive-y looking gym but there is little-to-no challenge at all. The version from Black/White was a pain in the rear end but at the same time you had to actually figure it out and do thinky things. I feel like that's a prevalent thing throughout Black2's gyms. "Don't worry about a challenge. Just fight everyone."

Mr. Mayor.

?!

Music: Battle! Unova Gym Leader

Choro Notes: Regardless of your version, Drayden is the gym leader in both Black2 and White2.

Choro Notes: Here's the thing about dragons. They resist the elemental types (Fire, Electric, Water & Grass) but are weak to other Dragon-type attacks as well as Ice-type attacks. Thankfully, I specifically got an Ice-type move earlier!

Choro Notes: Jawnie's other benefit is she's a Steel-type! Which is the only type that resists Dragon-type moves! Well hold on.

Choro Notes: All of Drayden's monsters except one have a move that is basically a counter to Steel-types. They learned their from Black/White.

I like the Ice Punch because she has to spin around and you get that windup, yeah. Little J throwin' mad ice at things.

Choro Notes: In Challenge Mode, this Druddigon gets a Sitrus Berry (which it already used). It also has Rock Slide instead of Slash.

Well.

Simple enough.

Choro Notes: This guy's unique to Challenge mode! He's nasty! The main reason being:

Choro Notes: Yeah! It's packing Fire Blast as a surprise for Steel and Ice-types!

This isn't working . . .

Choro Notes: Poison, thankfully, still works decently on Dragons.

Choro Notes: However, Altaria can get obnoxious with Sing and then just pelting you with Dragon Pulses.

Choro Notes: There's really not too much strategy to this fight if you go the route of "use neutrally effective things". They're basically built for ruining a steel-type team but other than that.

Choro Notes: This guy though, this guy is a pain. Flygon are strange because they're Ground/Dragons with Levitate so that removes just Earthquaking the day away from your possible tactics.

Choro Notes: But it's also very quick and can use Earth Power at you! It's kinda rude! The only difference between this Flygon in challenge mode is it's four levels higher.

Choro Notes: I'm basically just slamming it with an Aqua Tail/Aqua Jet combo. Flygon takes neutral damage from Water-type moves thanks to its Ground-type weaknesses.

I'm constantly amazed at how strong that fish is.

gently caress rocks

Choro Notes: Haxorus is still Drayden's signature! In Challenge Mode it switches Assurance for Shadow Claw and Slash for X-Scissor. You may notice, however, that none of these are effective against Steel-types so.

Solved that problem.

Just get one more good hit in.

Choro Notes: Another strange quirk shows up here.

Choro Notes: In lieu of using an ineffective move, the Haxorus will just repeatedly use Dragon Dance to boost its stats. The thing is, the Haxorus has Dragon Tail and could force a switch.

Done and done.

Yo your beard is like my hair. Unruly and awesome.

I'm grateful we didn't have to actually wrestle. You are friggin' jacked.

to meet our challenges together."

Yo why the hell is there a badge AFTER a badge called the Legend Badge?

Choro Notes: Like I said, Dragon Tail hits then forces the opponent to switch. The move goes last, however.

Ah, yeah, right. Yo honest, I don't really care but let's do it, sure.

- - -

Yeah, got it.

"It was two years ago when the two dragon Pokémon were awakened.

also came into existence in that era.
family for generations: the DNA Splicers.
Wait wait wait. Wait. Hold the gently caress on. Your family discovered DNA generations ago?

Ok, wait a loving second. Hold the loving phone. Ancient people knew about DNA? Have scientists or historians studied these?

WELL APPARENTLY THEY ARE ANCIENT TOOLS THAT CAN SPLICE DNA.

. . . You know? Something. Just somethin' is making me lean towards it being an ice dragon. I have just a hunch.

are both overwhelmingly powerful.

I think that was like a sonic boom. But for stupidity. We broke the stupid barrier. Lord only knows what you have unleashed upon us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq_W8AYRGG0

Chorocojo fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 17, 2014