Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

"Yeah! We told you! It was your man who asked us to check up on the Abbot! What right have you to keep us here!?"
"...The Abbot is too forgiving. If you're innocent, then who attacked my men?"

Marcello is interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Who is it?"
"You sent for me, Captain?"
"Come in!"

"I have a question to ask you. But there's something else first..."

"They wounded six of my men."
*whistles*
"...Very well... The problem is this..."

"Unless, of course, they have inside help..."

"Templar Angelo! Where is your ring? Show it to me now! If you have it."

Angelo hesitates for a second, then...

"...What!?"

Being a smug poo poo must run in the family. I wonder how big their father's shiteating grin was.

"Stole it!? Wot!? You little fibber!"
"We've no use for a ring like that! He set us up! I should've known better than to believe a single word from the mouth of a filthy cheat like you!"
"I have nothing further to say. You can find me in my chambers."

Heedless, Angelo leaves anyway.

"Fine! I'll deal with him later. First things first. ...You've wasted enough of my time. Don't try my patience! I want answers! What did you plan to do to the Abbot? Confess!"

This would be a good time to mention the evil jester, but on the other hand, I don't think Marcello would exactly believe evil jester. Either way, they're interrupted by another knock at the door.

"What is it now!?"

"It's not a floating bell with a creepy face or a dog in full armor, so it's out of place!"

"What? What kind of monster?"

Oh dear, our case just got worse.

A lot worse.

"You were gone for such a long time, I was getting rather worried. So I'd just decided to come and look for you, when this-"

He's interrupted by Marcello laughing.

"What's wrong with you!? Unhand me at once, you insolent ruffian! Get him off me, Eight!"
"You are in league with the monster! You may have deceived Abbot Francisco, but you don't fool me!"

He thinks he's pieced it together.

"Thought you could scare people by killing the Abbot, did you? Make them them question their faith!? And then move in and take control, I suppose. Take these monstrosities to the cells!"

Well things just went real bad.

"Talk to everyone" isn't such a tall order when everyone is three people.

Or is it just checking the door yourself? I forget.

Oh great, it's one of the shiteater brothers.

"Come 'ere, you!"
"Now, now! Control your temper! I must apologise for before. Perhaps you will accept this as conciliation?"
"What are you up to?"

Angelo opens the cell door...

"Follow me!"

"Perfect! It worked! Sleeping like a baby! Okay. Through here!"

Iron(ic) Maiden

"Like I said, I'm sorry about before. If I hadn't lied about the ring, Marcello would have been onto me like a shot! And I haven't got anywhere else to go if I'm chucked out of here. But I came to get you out, didn't I?"

"Well, what is it?"

That's quite the imposing device. :stare:

"If I were to throw you in there and shut the door, your whole body would be skewered. I could make you hole-ier than thou without so much as getting my hands dirty. Not bad, eh?"

So he tosses Trode in and

:stonk:

Oh. Was that worth the presentation?

"...Like I said, not bad, eh?"

THIS IS FAR FROM THE BEST IDEA I HAVE HAD TODAY

"Sorry if I've confused you. The people here have a bit of a trust issue with me. I couldn't stick up for you before. It would have backfired."

"That's why I had to let him put you in the cells before I could help you."
"That's all well an' good, but ya still don't know us from Adam. Ain't you worried about us bein' friends wiv this old monster, eh? Yer just 'appy to let us go, are ya?"
"True, I don't know anything about you. And I wasn't there when you were caught. But I do know you saved the Abbot's life. Because just before you were brought to the interrogation room ,the sinister feeling that's been lingering in the air went away. I must thank you for that. I'm not so ruthless that I'd hang you out to dry."

The party eventually reaches the end of the tunnel without incident.

It empties into this tiny stable off the bank from the abbey.

Oh, good, the horse-princess is here. And so is the Alchemy Pot.

"The Princess and I will go on ahead. Make sure you're not too far behind!"
"...Princess? Whatever. Come on, let's go. You'd have to work pretty hard to mess up your escape from here. Anyway, I'm sorry for all the trouble. So this is farewell. May the Goddess watch over you on your journey."

So the party steps outside and-

I'm pretty sure this is normal for this time of year, right?

...Bridges on fire, right?

"Surely that jester didn't come back again...? Oh, no!!! I've got to save the Abbot!"

Before we get to that, I've been meaning to do this, for, like, a while.

On the way to Maella Abbey, some trash mobs run up. Winkies might have some sort of trick to them but they're way below the team at this point.

Oh dear, it must've been Dhoulmagus.

Next time: that.

Orange Fluffy Sheep fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 12, 2015