Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Angelo has no hat, initially. I set about cooking a hat for him. At 9 defense it's the best at the moment. The wonder of DQ8 is, baring some criminally good luck, alchemy never runs too far ahead of the rest of the game.

Like I said earlier, Angelo and Eight have different swords. The first sword both get is the Dream Blade, which will come about six or seven hours from now.

The world map has two levels: "uselessly-zoomed out" and this, "pretty and actually pretty goddamn handy". World maps on the internet are usually just the entire globe at this level with annotations.

Angelo is a pervert. Finally freed from the constraints of living in a place with a dozen other dudes, he's free to spread his wings and... hit on Jessica constantly.

Oh Angelo.

He also knows Zoom, which has the same effect as a Chimera Wing and for 1 MP is the handiest loving thing.

I'm pretty sure this is the first and last time I'll buy a shield for Angelo and put it straight on him. Every other shield will be filtered through alchemy.

Turbans are buyable in Simpleton for 410 gold. Buyable items have consistent sale prices, in this case 210. Bandannas cost 45 gold each, so Turbans have a consistent profit. They aren't bad as something to keep cooking

Besides, you're cooking an endless stream of turbans.

I have no idea why this is near Peregrin Quay. This axe has been for sale since Alexandria, and the hint for the Stone Hardhat isn't until Ascantha. Either way, I have a Stone Hardhat and no one but Yangus can use it, so gently caress it. Tiny bit of cash. :toot:

Angelo does this neat dash thing to slash an enemy. We may never see this again as you guys voted for bows.

Yangus is getting nine skill point levels so why not get the bit of Humanity I want?

Nose for Treasure tells me how many items are left to be plundered in a dungeon. I will never remember I bothered to get it. :shepicide:

Oh hey, neat item drop.

It's used in cheeses.

Scorpions poison and I think they can cast Buff, unless that's another scoprion somewhere.

Jessica gets her next staff spell. Magic Barrier increases resistance to spells for all allies. You remember how Yangus innately resists Frizz? The other three characters get on that level, and Yangus's Frizz resistance goes up further. It's a useful spell, since not much else can reduce a Sizzle's damage.

The red mould makes the cheese spicy. Munchie breathes even more damaging fire with this.

Eight gets his next boomerang skill, which is his first that isn't a physical attack + something. It's a Frizz-elemental attack on all enemies with a base damage of 50. Unlike his other attacks it's not decreased by defense, but as a type-A Frizz attack it's very vulnerable to resistances. Still, it's another option, and Eight learns absolutely no other Frizz-elemental moves.

Treefaces are versatile foes. They can use medicinal herbs to restore 30-some HP to an ally.

A lot of these chests contain seeds. I actually have no idea what these chests contain, just where they are.

Treefaces also can dance. I imagine any dance by a tree is weird by default.

It skips a lot of the rigamarole of random encounters and just directly reduces MP.

Tingle cures paralysis and sleep for all allies. Eight would learn this with a few points in Courage. Incidentally, Angelo learns Squelch at 3 Charisma.

The vote for Angelo went for bows. Angelo will be going into bows until level 32, mostly because his skill points suck.

Oh boy I can't even use this seed as I need a metric fuckton of strength rings to attain True Power.

South of Simpleton is...

2 1/256 drops. There's no way I can top that.

So the next place on the road is Ascantha. Let's go there and ask if anyone's seen any sailorsjesters.

Oh, wow. This is early for rennet powder.

I can't remember if these guys do anything.

Let's try intimidating out.

"you aint poo poo bro gently caress off"

REVENGE

Oh, apparently they turn red and summon Pan pipers. Okay.

One of these trees is... different, don't you think?

Puppeteers can do things from shocking the party with comedy to increasing the party's tension one level each. All the ones I found punched me.

W-what!?!? The Thief Key can't even open all chests? How powerful this random box in the middle of nowhere!?

"I've always wanted to wear clothes like these. They're so much easier to move around in. But mother always refused to buy them for me. She said I was a lady and I must dress as such. She called this kind of outfit 'vulgar'! She just has no idea!"

Here's a little house near the bridge.

Proper noun detected in this JRPG. There's no way Emma will be irrelevant.

I need 28 of these to get the first level of reward. Mini medals, man.

Hey, I saved 420 gold by not bothering to change Jessica's armor until now! :smug:

Oh man, this Brownie is awakening to his Sayian heritage!

SSJ1 causes you to glow pink, you know.

And they have a passive damage reduction. Luckily, SSJ1 Brownie doesn't have enough HP to survive through the round.

Eight can milk cows on the spot and also has the materials to contain the milk. Each cow can be milked only once. I hope to make this a 100% cow playthrough.

With that rennet powder we got a while back and our newly aquired milk, we can finally make plain cheese. Welcome to the beginning of madness.

hey mom look im in ascantha isnt it neato

There's a church on the opposite bank from Emma's grandma's cat's house's land's location.

Not only is it a save point and a Zoom location...

But it even contains an inn!

NEXT TIME: You know what they say about free rests at inns in JRPGS?