Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Save slots PAGE 2. Maybe having three-dozen saves would come in handy at some point.

All right for some

"No doubt King Pavan treated you to plenty of fine food and drink! You lucky toads!

Just ask her to tap once for yes, twice for no.

Trode kicks a rock.

"I know 'ow ya feel, grandad."

"I ain't exactly a looker meself. I know wot it's like to be discrimated against. ...Oy, guv! I've got an idea. The town I used to live in ain't too far south of 'ere. How about we 'ead off down there, eh?"

"Old grandad 'ere 'll be able to get 'imself a drink! An' we might get a clue about where that Dhoulmagus 'as got to an' all."

"See, two birds wiv one stone, eh! I ain't just a pretty face! Come on! Let's get goin' south! Pickham 'ere we come!"

Goal one: let Trode get plastered.
Goal two: maybe find out where Dhoulmagus is.

So, uh, Trode, any comment?

Jessica are you fine with this or are you not?

Yangus this was your plan!

So uh yeah there's awkward points in party chat where everyone stares blankly and ellipses at you. We're in one.

King kelps have a variety of songs.

Including this one. It's a party-wide shock, but funny category.

Must be a Pickhammer joke.

Pickhammite?

Oh, I finally bother to check the cheese I left cooking at the start of Wisher's Peak. Ice cheese is actually slightly stronger than fire cheese.

Clockwork Cukoos can do this.

Oof.

More importantly is the amount of damage Woosh does to them.

As in absofuckinglutely none at all. Right as Eight and Yangus would be in peak Thin Air abuse.

Trode's even huffy in the battle records. :allears:

Minidemons, unlike Imps, can actually cast spells. Like the upgraded Frizz.

Ouch.

Hoods just look silly.

How convenient, a place to heal and to save.

Snakescale Whip hint. I'm about at the point where I'll stop using it since Jess got that +50 MP with staves.

Pickham is a... wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Welp.

Gorerillas just hit you. Headhunter sometimes defend and hit you at the same time.

Augh

Oh finally they're talking again.

"That kind of self-centredness smacks of royalty, that's for sure."

"He's usually so full of beans and everything. I guess he must be starting to feel the pressure. Hopefully going to that town might cheer him up a bit."

There's a weird building. And a man atop it.

The door's locked. Maybe the guy on top will provide hints?

Incidentally this roof counts as overworld for recipe speeds but doesn't have random encounters.

Nope. Oh well, back to getting to Pi-

The race for best character just got heated.

His scarf and tunic billow in the breeze. Even though there's no breeze.

Morrie

"Then I ask you one favore! Here, take these."

"When we have finished talking, you take the look at these memos, ay! Each one has written on the informazione of the notorious monsters."

"It is not to worry, ragazzo. For you, it will be a slice of cake! I see it in your eyes!"

I told you he's the best. Let's look at those memos.

Despite being the weakest, he's the last you can find, as completing the events in Pickham are required to reach him.

Hollow Knight is that armor we saw when running towards the ruined abbey.

And Squiggly Squiggler is annoying to find as there's a lot of beaches on the southern side of the southern continent.

We can Zoom back, so let's go beat up the Hollow Knight.

So, it's back to Maella.

Instead of sly avoidance, my MO is now HEAD ON COLLISION.

I go with full boss strategy because why the hell not?

It's only 1/4 of their defense, but it hits the whole party and can shave a bit of damage off.

Normally this would be closer to 16 or 17! It's a meaningful difference.

Frankly though he's not that tough.

Some of these rank names are just weird, man.

World map monsters drop monster coins, which are just for selling for cash.

That's a stat block, baby. There's an entire sidequest about punching specific monsters in their faces until they work for us. And it is certainly worth doing.

But that'll have to come later, once we can get all three notorious monsters. Onward to Pickham!

After a detour to chat with cows.

This Goreilla avoids Snooze, but loses its turn anyway. At a 1/32 rate Gorerillas're tied with Diemons for Magic Beast Hide drops, but they tend to show up in greater numbers.

It'd matter if I didn't already have one.

Next time, gambling. So, so much gambling.